Smashbox Petal Metal Highlighter - Prismatic Petal

No Image

1 review

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The Petal Metal collection is a limited edition collab with VladaMUA. Their gel-powder Prismatic Petal highlighter is a champagne gold to pink colour shifting/duo-chrome shade, with fine specks of microglitter in the shimmer. The non-sparkle highlighter from this collection comes in two shades to cover all skintones whilst this one just comes in the one shade, so I'm guessing that it's a universal shade?

Just like the other highlighter that I picked up [Gilded Rose], Prismatic Petal applies and wears very well. It applies with no drag or patchiness, the base doesn't outlive the sparkle and the microglitter doesn't migrate over the face. I've worn it both with and without a setting spray, and it wears well all day either way [8+ hours] - in the summer heat.

It's a very close call between which formula of powder highlighter I prefer from the Petal Metal collection; I do like this duo-chrome shade a bit more as the pink is stronger & I love pinky toned highlights, but the sparkle-free formula of Gilded Rose is neater and feels a touch more silky smooth. If you can afford to get both gel-powder formulas in this collection, then I say go for it - they are similar but different enough to justify the splurge.