Urban Decay Born To Run Eye Shadow Palette

Urban Decay Born To Run Eye Shadow Palette
Born To Run Eye Shadow PaletteBorn To Run Eye Shadow Palette

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

As a makeup addict eyeshadow palettes are one of the top products I can't get enough on and one of the select products I'll splurge on. Since joining Boxycharm though I haven't had to rally worry about buying eyeshadow palettes because they always include high end palettes in the box. What interested me in this is that 1..I LOVE Urban Decay eyeshadows, they have a depth to their color that is exclusive to this brand and the consistency of shadows are phenomenal. But since I bought their Distortion Palette I've been way of spending the money because the quality seemed very lacking with that palette but reading up on the release of this palette got me hooked....the selection of colors was large and they provided you with shades to do pretty much any kind of look you want and the shade descriptions reminded me of the UD I love. I bought it the day it was released and haven't looked back. The generous sized palette is full of beautiful versatile shades with that depth that makes me fall in love. The consistency of shadows were back to the high quality they always were and they blend like a dream. The shimmers/metallics/satins are so very eye-catching and the mattes smooth and pigmented. Usually when I get a new palette I'll find myself overlooking it more and more after the first week but I still find myself reaching for this almost daily even if I'm just using one shade in conjunction with another palette(these shadows play very well with others). The only other palette I've splurged on this Summer is the Tarte Mermaid one and I can't remember the last time i reached for it(though it is beautiful) I consider the Born to Run Palette the best I've made in the year 2018.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The Born To Run eyeshadow palette contains the following shades; BREAKAWAY (warm ivory shimmer), STRANDED (pale rose gold with tonal micro-shimmer), BLAZE (light metallic peach with pink shift), WEEKENDER (light neutral beige matte), STILL SHOT (bright peach), RIFF (brown-nude matte with floating micro-sparkle), GOOD AS GONE (deep brown with iridescent micro-shimmer), HELL RIDE (deep fuchsia matte), BAJA (burnt orange matte), ACCELERATE (reddish copper metallic), GUILT TRIP (smoky purple shimmer), IGNITE (rose gold metallic), SMOG (deep coppery bronze shimmer), WANDERLUST (forest green with gold micro-shimmer), WILDHEART (bright fuchsia), PUNK (red-brown matte), DOUBLE LIFE (metallic rust), JET (black with deep shimmering purple shift), DRIFT (charcoal satin with tonal micro-sparkle), RADIO (deep emerald satin) and BIG SKY (frosted green shimmer with iridescent micro-sparkle).

Born To Run is designed as a one-and-done palette, that is theoretically perfect for taking with you whilst traveling. It does what it's designed for well; there are highlight shades, sparkly lid shades, a variety of crease and transition shades and dark lining shades for most occasions. There are neutral shades, warm shades & cool shades, conservative work/school shades, fun weekend/free time pop-of-colour shades, smoky date night/special occasion shades and bold party-time impactful tones [I don't know why I broke the shades into groups, I wear whatever I'm feeling at the time], this palette offers it all. Very cohesive.

Ever since buying my first shadows as a 14 year old when the brand first launched in the UK, all the way up to now as a 34 year old, I can say that I have yet to find a a eyeshadow formula that can outperform the ones that Urban Decay make; buttery smooth to apply and to blend. All of the shadows are non-fading and I haven't experienced any creasing - I apply them in the morning [no primer] and they'll still look good in the evening, when I remove it. The shimmer shades have a bit more fallout in comparison to the other shadows which have very little, which isn't a big deal for me but I still thought I'd mention it. Fallout in shadows doesn't really bother me as I do my eyes before my base - all pigmented & softer shadows have fallout, so I do think that all good-quality shadows should kick-up a bit.

I can't fault the product quality or thought that went into putting this palette together. However, on the 'personal preference' side of things, I would have liked there to have been more cooler tones in place of the warm shades we've seen before elsewhere, and some of them should have been mattes - Urban Decay make shimmers that wear well in the crease, but still... It just seems like a bit of a waste to have gorgeous cool satin & shimmer shades, but not balancing them out with co-ordinating mattes. If you have a few of Urban Decay's Book Of Shadows and/or Vice palettes, I think you'll already have similar shades to the ones in Born To Run palette, so you may want to swatch this in person before buying it.

I wasn't expecting to, but I really fell in love with the new Urban Decay Born to Run Eye Shadow Palette.  I wasn't planning to review it as I have already review so many other Urban Decay Eye Shadow Palettes in the past, their formula is usually amazing, long lasting, pigmented, easy to blend, and this palette is no exception.  I love that this palette contains so many different shades for many different looks.  There are enough light shades for the brow bone area as well as pure black that you can use for powder eye liner.  The other colors are everything in between from rich emerald to copper.  Swatches can be seen here:

Video Reviews & Tutorials