Urban Decay Born To Run Eye Shadow Palette

Urban Decay Born To Run Eye Shadow Palette
Born To Run Eye Shadow PaletteBorn To Run Eye Shadow Palette

3.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/24/2018 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not very well pigmented for an Urban Decay palette.

on 9/22/2018 1:49:00 AM

I found this really mediocre honestly. The formula was great, as per urban decay, for most shades. The palette is damn huge though, which makes it awful for travel, storing and general use. You can get these shades elsewhere, and you defiantly have them if you bought a palette in the past two years. You don’t need it!!!!!

on 9/21/2018 2:22:00 PM

Really like this palette. Nice selection of good quality colours. Packaging is quite nice as it doesn't feel overly bulky or super light and cheap. Some of the shades are quite powdery when you dip your brush in which doesn't bother me personally but might some people.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When this palette first launched, I decided I wasn't going to buy it simply because it contains so many orange and pink/red shades. These are colour I find unnatural and unflattering on me and on other people too. I blame ABH's Modern Renaissance for starting the trend that almost EVERY other company has copied and which has led to so many people walking around looking like they've had a serious allergic reaction to something! So when I saw this palette, the presence of Wildheart, Hell Ride and Baja, as well as a few other shades, caused me to hesitate. Then last week, I was just in the mood to buy "something" and the more I thought about it, the more I thought I'd regret not buying this palette once it's gone (it's LE as far as I know). Well, this palette is chock full of some wonderful shades with the BEST of UD's good qualities of smooth, almost creamy texture, easy blending and knock-your-socks-off pigmentation. Colours like Double Life (which I really love), Ignite and Acceleration are far more wearable than I thought they'd be; the purples, which can be hard to get right, are really good and overall, this is simply an excellent palette. The packaging is sturdy and you get 21 shadows in a palette that isn't overly huge. This is a great travel palette too because, unlike so many I've purchased recently, it contains paler shades that work well as brow highlight or lid brightening shades for my fair skin. Given how popular UD is, I'm surprised there are only 3 reviews for this palette before I add mine.

As a makeup addict eyeshadow palettes are one of the top products I can't get enough on and one of the select products I'll splurge on. Since joining Boxycharm though I haven't had to rally worry about buying eyeshadow palettes because they always include high end palettes in the box. What interested me in this is that 1..I LOVE Urban Decay eyeshadows, they have a depth to their color that is exclusive to this brand and the consistency of shadows are phenomenal. But since I bought their Distortion Palette I've been way of spending the money because the quality seemed very lacking with that palette but reading up on the release of this palette got me hooked....the selection of colors was large and they provided you with shades to do pretty much any kind of look you want and the shade descriptions reminded me of the UD I love. I bought it the day it was released and haven't looked back. The generous sized palette is full of beautiful versatile shades with that depth that makes me fall in love. The consistency of shadows were back to the high quality they always were and they blend like a dream. The shimmers/metallics/satins are so very eye-catching and the mattes smooth and pigmented. Usually when I get a new palette I'll find myself overlooking it more and more after the first week but I still find myself reaching for this almost daily even if I'm just using one shade in conjunction with another palette(these shadows play very well with others). The only other palette I've splurged on this Summer is the Tarte Mermaid one and I can't remember the last time i reached for it(though it is beautiful) I consider the Born to Run Palette the best I've made in the year 2018.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The Born To Run eyeshadow palette contains the following shades; BREAKAWAY (warm ivory shimmer), STRANDED (pale rose gold with tonal micro-shimmer), BLAZE (light metallic peach with pink shift), WEEKENDER (light neutral beige matte), STILL SHOT (bright peach), RIFF (brown-nude matte with floating micro-sparkle), GOOD AS GONE (deep brown with iridescent micro-shimmer), HELL RIDE (deep fuchsia matte), BAJA (burnt orange matte), ACCELERATE (reddish copper metallic), GUILT TRIP (smoky purple shimmer), IGNITE (rose gold metallic), SMOG (deep coppery bronze shimmer), WANDERLUST (forest green with gold micro-shimmer), WILDHEART (bright fuchsia), PUNK (red-brown matte), DOUBLE LIFE (metallic rust), JET (black with deep shimmering purple shift), DRIFT (charcoal satin with tonal micro-sparkle), RADIO (deep emerald satin) and BIG SKY (frosted green shimmer with iridescent micro-sparkle).

Born To Run is designed as a one-and-done palette, that is theoretically perfect for taking with you whilst traveling. It does what it's designed for well; there are highlight shades, sparkly lid shades, a variety of crease and transition shades and dark lining shades for most occasions. There are neutral shades, warm shades & cool shades, conservative work/school shades, fun weekend/free time pop-of-colour shades, smoky date night/special occasion shades and bold party-time impactful tones [I don't know why I broke the shades into groups, I wear whatever I'm feeling at the time], this palette offers it all. Very cohesive.

Ever since buying my first shadows as a 14 year old when the brand first launched in the UK, all the way up to now as a 34 year old, I can say that I have yet to find a a eyeshadow formula that can outperform the ones that Urban Decay make; buttery smooth to apply and to blend. All of the shadows are non-fading and I haven't experienced any creasing - I apply them in the morning [no primer] and they'll still look good in the evening, when I remove it. The shimmer shades have a bit more fallout in comparison to the other shadows which have very little, which isn't a big deal for me but I still thought I'd mention it. Fallout in shadows doesn't really bother me as I do my eyes before my base - all pigmented & softer shadows have fallout, so I do think that all good-quality shadows should kick-up a bit.

I can't fault the product quality or thought that went into putting this palette together. However, on the 'personal preference' side of things, I would have liked there to have been more cooler tones in place of the warm shades we've seen before elsewhere, and some of them should have been mattes - Urban Decay make shimmers that wear well in the crease, but still... It just seems like a bit of a waste to have gorgeous cool satin & shimmer shades, but not balancing them out with co-ordinating mattes. If you have a few of Urban Decay's Book Of Shadows and/or Vice palettes, I think you'll already have similar shades to the ones in Born To Run palette, so you may want to swatch this in person before buying it.

I wasn't expecting to, but I really fell in love with the new Urban Decay Born to Run Eye Shadow Palette.  I wasn't planning to review it as I have already review so many other Urban Decay Eye Shadow Palettes in the past, their formula is usually amazing, long lasting, pigmented, easy to blend, and this palette is no exception.  I love that this palette contains so many different shades for many different looks.  There are enough light shades for the brow bone area as well as pure black that you can use for powder eye liner.  The other colors are everything in between from rich emerald to copper.  Swatches can be seen here: