FLOWER Beauty Petal Pout Lip Color - Spiced Petal (Cream)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/6/2018 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had always overlooked Flower Beauty at Walmart and Ulta after having some weird experiences with their products some years back, but after discovering the wonder that is the Lash Warrior mascara (my latest HG, knocking Too Faced Better Than Sex out of the top slot), I figured I'd look into what other products the brand had to offer. After perusing Youtube to see what was new, I saw that a lot of people were raving about the Petal Pout lipsticks, so I gave it a shot and am SO happy that I did!

I have the shade Spiced Petal, which is a slightly deeper, medium nude with a neutral-to-cool undertone that is just so flattering against my fair, olive complexion. This shade is in the cream formula, and it should be noted that this range comes in both cream and matte varieties. (I've not tried the matte, so I can't speak to those just yet.) Several people have compared the shade choices to be very Tom Ford-esque, and I can see why. When I think of an ultimate nude shade, I think Tom Ford, but with these, you can get the look at literally less than 20% of what you'd pay for their pricier counterpart! There are lighter nudes, which would work beautifully on much fairer complexions, as well as a handful of brighter and darker shades. But Spiced Petal is the nude I've been looking for since I ran out of my Smashbox lipstick in "Audition" and didn't want to splash out the $21 to replace it. This shade is so perfect, as it looks so natural yet so plush and polished. I really love it for all kinds of looks, from a smokier eye to a "no makeup makeup" look.

The formula is lovely. It's not especially hydrating, but with proper lip prep, it's not drying either. I don't find that it accentuates lip lines or causes any patches of lip to show, and it's quite full coverage despite being so creamy. It's not a glossy formula; I'd say it's a bit more of a satin finish, which is perfect for a shade like this. It makes my lips look full and healthy, and I really love that.

The packaging is very pretty and simple, with a clear cap, white bottom, and rose gold tube. The bullet retracts all the way down, and the cap feels secure. At first, I was worried that the cap might come off in my bag, having had that experience with previous Flower lip products, but they have obviously improved on the design and made it far sturdier.

I purchased mine for a little under $6 at Walmart, but I know Ulta carries these lipsticks for around $9, and the Flower site seems to have them for around $7. That's quite a discrepancy on Ulta's part, if you ask me, but you're more likely to find it there than you are at a Walmart, since so few WM's carry the Flower brand these days. You're getting 3.2 grams of product, which is slightly more than you get in other lipsticks. Either way, no matter where you pick these up, they are a fantastic deal. They beat out the quality of MAC, in my opinion, and are a fraction of the cost.

I will definitely explore other colors in this range, as well as check out more of Flower's lip offerings, as this and the mascara have definitely changed my opinion of the brand!

Also, this whole brand is cruelty free!