Certain Dri - Perscription Strength Clinical Roll-On

Certain Dri - Perscription Strength Clinical Roll-On

3.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the new updated 'Certain Dri' which you can now get in 3 different strengths. I'd previously used the regular version (the prescription strength version contains 12% Aluminum Chloride) and although it worked, it burned! This one is no different...despite applying only ever on 100% dry underarms I'd wake up during the night with the sensation of my underarms being on fire! Only calamine lotion could calm the itching down. In my case it's due to night sweats. The formula needs a moisture-free environment which is why it's supposed to be applied on a night when you sweat less. However if like me you suffer from night sweats then this won't be ideal for you as the perspiration produced overnight doesn't give this the chance to be absorbed properly and it starts to irritate. Tried on three seperate occasions and same experience each time. A shame as I'm pretty sure this could otherwise work for me if it wasn't for night sweats.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/6/2018 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I haven't personally used this, but I wanted to leave a review as I bought it for my sister, and she has used it for some time now.

My sister has always had a problem with a lot of excess sweat, but even worse: she smells really, really bad when she sweats - kinda like decomposed onion, and you can smell it from far away. This has created many issues, from being with friends, to working, to just going outside when she might sweat. My sister often wore long-sleeved, thick sweaters so the smell wouldn't get through, but that obviously wouldn't work completely, and some of her clothes held onto the smell even after washing.

My sister has previously tried the original Certin Dri, in the white-and-green packaging, but that didn't work too well on her, however, the new black-and-gold, prescription strength one worked very well. Deodorants are generally a type of product that is supposed to be applied at night so they are allowed to work without being sweat off. This worked perfectly on my sister already after the first nightly application - the next day she didn't smell at all, and almost didn't sweat...! She has been to the doctor with her issue, and has tried everything available where she lives (Norway), and nothing has ever worked well. The only thing she hasn't tried is botox. However, she loved this deodorant, and it actually controls her problems. This version of Certain Dri even works if she forgets to put it one one night, but it is supposed to be like that though, as it says it lasts for up to 72h.

My mom said my sister expressed it as that this deodorant made her feel like a human again. I bought her 8 more of this, so she is supplied with this awesome product for some time. It is a little bit expensive (buy at Walmart, not Target for better price), but nothing in comparison with the strongest things my sister has tried before, which didn't even work ($30 per oz). If you have the same issue with sweating and bad smell, and the previous Certain Dri hasn't worked, I would recommend giving this a shot!

Just as a warning: don't apply right after shaving or on broken skin, as this can sting a lot. Also, some might get dry skin from the alcohol, and it's then maybe worth applying every other day instead of every day - this is strong enough to be used like that. Don't apply a lot at a time - don't just smear it on till your armpit is wet - used like that it is more irritating, and no one wants an armpit rash, right?