Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

3.7

on 2/12/2019 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Great product. I ave used drugstore, Maybelline Fit Me, Age Rewind and high end. Laura Mercier and Benefit Brightening. The drugstore concealers did nothing for my dark circles and bags. Both the Laura Mercier and Benefit were good nut Born This Way is outstanding. The trick is the tiniest dot and pat it on. No setting powder. Use it alone without foundation. Not cakey Shade match to Mac F&B perfect. I personally do not like the lighter undereye look. If I ever run out, which I highly doubt would repurchase.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Not sure what the hype is about with this concealer. I would say it's just okay. Every time I've used it it has looked textured and dry, and I do not have dry skin. I would recommend the Cover FX Power Play Concealer over this. It's not as full coverage, but can be built up, and even 3 layers of it would look more natural than this does. Plus, better shades!

on 11/3/2018 10:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- hydrating
- weightless
- full coverage
- blendable
- little goes a long way

CONS

- creases a tad bit

COMMENTS: Aside from a bit of creasing (and if that is pretty minimal), this is a fantastic product. This is what I wanted Shape Tape to be. It blends like a dream and covers so well. A little goes a very long way. I love the amount of product you get, too.

Will repurchase.

on 11/2/2018 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Finally something that I would buy again.... I'm 39 with horribly dark circles, lines, bags, crow feet... the lot. I've been on my own personal mission to find a concealer that does its job right.
I've tried all the high Street best brands to the higher end products from rodial cream concealer, mac pro longwear to hudda beauty's overachiever concealer and none of them perform like this does.
I used the colour light beige for my mac nc30 skin tone and it did not oxidise like the hudda one did. It matched my skin tone quite well although it was slightly lighter which didn't bother me.
I only use this under my eyes and it covered my darkness, not completely with one sweep-I did have to layer it twice.
I don't set my concealer and it does crease.
It does fade slightly as the day goes on, but at the end of the day (which is usually 11 hours of working and running around) I can look in the mirror and not be embarrassed by my dark circles but it does have faded cracked conceal.
Overall I'm happy that I've found this after so many years of being disappointed and for the price and amount you get it's a bonus!!

Edit: so after wearing this for a while, I have changed my mind.... I don't know how to make it stay put without it aging my eyes.... The concealer if set with powder ages me terribly and if set with a spray disapeaers I'd rather have dak eye bags than have eye bags that stand out a mile....

Second edit: almond oil is my friend! I have found out how to make this work.... I use a dab of sweet almond oil before I put btw on and massage it in, let it settle into the skin for 5 mins whilst I do other 'face' stuff like eye brows, then i go in with a small dot of btw concealer and a dot of yellow collection 2000 corrector, I don't know why it work, but it's somehow kept it on the face without looking dry, or cracked or faded!! Just don't over do it with the oil or it will only last 3 hours max.

on 9/1/2018 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Seriously confused why this has all good reviews on here? although the concealer is promising, i was so excited to receive this the minute it launched! the shade range is TERRIBLE i has the shade golden beige which was waaaaay to golden, i tried the shade light beige which oxidizes, i tried vanilla which is straight yellow, i tried almond which is also a very pale YELLOW, it doesn’t look realistic and makes you look like you’re visibly wearing makeup because of the coloring, it’s so tacky it never dries down? it reminds me of bye bye under eye by it cosmetics, it’s so wet and even when i set it with powder it just always has that sitting on top of your skin, extra layer look.. i wanted to love this because the packing is amazing, the amount of product you get is amazing and the idea of the concealer is amazing i’m so sad i don’t like this.. maybe if they came out with a matte version and different colors that don’t turn orange or yellow. I am olive skin toned so i’m pretty tan and warm so the fact they even look yellow on me is concerning for somebody who actually has pale or pink toned skin, it just won’t work out at all.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am currently around NC35-40 with dry skin, wearing the shade Sand. It's a beautiful medium golden shade without any hue of orange.
Too Faced claims this concealer is "a hydrating, full-coverage, weightless, four-in-one formula that conceals, contours, highlights, and retouches" and for once, I agree wholeheartedly.
I wear this concealer on a day to day basis just underneath my eyes and a little on my cheeks. Because I don't wear any other base makeup, I really need my concealer to blend in nicely with a seamless colour match and this fits the bill perfectly.
This stuff is not drying at all, it does not crease into my under-eyes even after a very long day, it is gym proof (I wore it on one of my cardio days, so I can safely say it will survive heavy sweating and therefore crying as well) + it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything! It dries into a demi-matte finish by itself and is buildable, however if you do plan on building it up make sure that you wait a few minutes before applying layers so that it doesn't all cake together.. I speak from experience lol.
I have also taken this with me for retouches, it surprisingly looks really good despite being put on top of already powdered skin.
Overall, I'd say this concealer is definitely worth checking out. It's not everyday that I find a high coverage concealer that compliments dry skin instead of emphasizing it. :)

on 8/2/2018 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

My favorite concealer at the moment. Super creamy and blendable! A little goes a long way. Definitely better than the shape tape, I find the shape tape to be too drying. This one is great and it works even on my oily skin!