Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

3.5

on 2/2/2019 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I decided to purchase this after reading so many rave reviews about it and unfortunately I regret buying it. It was touted as being perhaps even better than Tarte shape Tape which is a staple of mine. This couldn't be further from the truth.

I bought a lighter shade specifically for use under my eyes and I find it creases right away upon application and after setting it with powder. As you can imagine, with the creasing it gives a weathered look to the eyes and just looks awful.

It is hydrating and full coverage, but that's no good if it creases like crazy. I almost wish it wasn't so generously sized so that I can use it up faster. As I bought a highlighting shade, I can't use it for blemishes or as a foundation unless I mix it with something darker.

I don't know how this works as a foundation or blemish concealer, but I wouldn't recommend it for use under the eyes if you have any fine lines. For my undereyes, I'll remain faithful to my holy grail full-coverage combo which is Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer with some Tarte Shape Tape mixed in. I get full coverage and absolutely no creasing with this combo even after a 15 hour work day. Moral of the story- if it aint broke, don't fix it. Lesson learned.

on 7/25/2018 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

This reminds me a lot of the Shape Tape but I think I like this better, because the shade range is far more suitable towards my deep golden skintone and because the formula isn't as dry. I wear Medium Golden - Sand and it's perfect for my undereyes as well as the demarcation lines around my mouth. It isn't ashy at all, conceals well and layers well too! It's a touch hydrating which is great for my undereyes, especially when I set it because the finish is perfect. The only thing is I won't use it to brighten the middle of my nose anymore because that hydration factor that's so great for my undereyes is not so great for my oily nose!  But all in all, I've finally foung my OG concealer and as an added bonus, you get quite a bit of product in some really lovely packaging. I will repurchase again and again!