Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

3.8

on 1/3/2019 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this product. On the one hand, it does an excellent job at covering dark circles under my eyes, yet at the same time has a very visible heavy concealer look once applied. I wear the shade 'Snow', and find that it is a bit too light, but was the closest match to my skin out of the large selection of shades - too many in my opinion. This also creases on me and I find it very hard to blend. Lastly, the sponge tip applicator wand is simply awkward and not ideal for using as an under-eye concealer.

on 11/15/2018 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

With all the glowing reviews I bought this concealer, in the shade Nude, with high hopes. The bottle was huge compared to the average concealer purchase, however I found the doe foot applicator was also fairly huge which is difficult for a targeted application. I dabbed some on the back of my hand and applied under my eyes with a small concealer brush and finger tapped it to blend, then baked with It finishing powder. The results were incredibly disappointing: it looked dry and highlighted every fine line. The color - oh, no. Nude was described as fair rosy. Not on me it wasn’t. Definite yellow cast.

So thinking it was application, I proceeded to test it over the next two weeks. Primer, under foundation, over foundation, baked, not baked; different foundations, nothing made a difference. Dry, scaly looking, yellow skin. High hopes dashed. A definite no for me.

on 11/8/2018 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The first thing that strikes you about this concealer is the size. It is the same size as your average foundation bottle, so that's pretty amazing. It cost me $41 Australian. I purchased this in the colour "snow" as I have very pale skin.

Anyway, as a concealer it's good, not amazing. I do not think this would work very well as a highlighter and I have not used it this way. I apply it as an under eye and general concealer using my Beauty Blender. It has a screw on lid and an applicator brush. I find it blends very easily and stays looking fresh the entire day. I doubt I would repurchase because it's good but not amazing. I can purchase better concealers at a cheaper price, although you do get a lot of product for $41.

on 11/5/2018 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I think this would be my perfect concealer if I could find a better shade match. I picked up the shade Snow as it looked OK in the store but at home it is too light and too yellow on me (I'm around NW18/20). But I can make it work if I mix with another darker neutral concealer. The other tricky part of this for me is that because it's so pigmented and high coverage, I don't like to apply direct to my under eyes. I pat on the back of my hand and then use a small concealer brush to apply under my eyes. This works pretty well as I'm not trying for the Youtuber level of coverage (I'm sixty with dark circles, bags and fine lines so overdoing the concealer is not flattering). As others have commented, it's long lasting, non drying and doesn't settle too much into lines. If you can find your shade match I think it's a brilliant concealer. I recently tried out the new Cover Fx Power Play concealer and although it doesn't have quite as much coverage, I've found a perfect color match in N Light 1, which is more neutral than yellow. It's also as long lasting as the Too Faced and non-drying.

on 10/11/2018 4:23:00 PM

Unfortunately I think that this is breaking me out.
I haven't changed anything else with my makeup/skincare routine and now that I have stopped using this concealer, pimples are starting to disappear.
I like it under my eyes tought and I'm going to repurchase it after I run out. It covers my dark under eye circles nicely, doesn't crease or look dry and stays on pretty well.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Pros:

- You get 15ml worth of product for the same price as concealers with half the amount
- This is crazy full coverage that stays full coverage even after blending
- minimal creasing and doesn't make your under eyes look dry like Shape Tape
- No need to set!! This will last all day without fading

Cons:

- the doe foot applicator is huge. Considering how full coverage this is you do not need a lot of product, seriously just the tiniest little dab is all I need for my eyes and they're really dark. Even if you use this for contour/highlight because of how far it blends out you still wouldn't need so big of an applicator. A lot of product gets wasted on the inner rim
- All the shades lean yellow

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

WOW! I was on the hunt for a new concealer for contouring and highlighting and this is IT!!

I think I chose a shade slightly too dark for my contouring... which is my own fault! Nevertheless I can easily blend together the two shades to make the darker shade a touch lighter and it's perfect.

It's super easy to blend, has a nice light scent and the applicator brush is perfect for me. It's slightly on the larger side but it's quite fluffy so super easy to apply and the handle is long enough to get into all those tighter places like under and around the eyes.

The overall coverage is extremely high and it's quite thick in consistency. I tend to start on the lighter side and build the product, which I can't seem to do to this level with any other concealer as it cakes/dries out or looks weirdly patchy and doesn't blend.

I use this over l'oreal infallible pro-glow foundation and it's perfect. I didn't find it at all drying and it didn't cake (especially under my eyes!). I set it with Laura Mercier translucent powder and Urban Decay all nighter setting spray.

This truly is the holy grail of concealers!!

on 9/16/2018 7:51:00 AM

Fabulous concealer and long lasting but blend well into your skin with lightening fast speed. It dries quickly and takes years off your looks if you have dark shadows. This was recommended by an Ulta makeup artist for my under eye circles .It puts the cheaper drugstore products to shame ! The Ulta consultant assured me it would last me at least a year as a mere speck goes a long way. The submersible sponge applicator can be kept clean by dotting concealet from applicator sponge to a clean concealer brush and fyi..Sephora has a great one !

on 9/4/2018 11:20:00 AM

I wear shade Snow in the foundation, and I found that the same shade works for me in this concealer as well. I would have gone for Swan, that seemed like a good match too, but they didn't have it in stock. I'm glad I picked Snow though, I think it's the better match for me.

I gave it a 5 star rating based on the performance alone, as there are 2 things that I'm not too fond of: the price (but I guess it's forgivable, as the size makes up for it), and the bottle. I really don't like the opening, or the too-big doe foot applicator. Together, they make for a big mess :s

But back to the product itself, it's pretty great for covering under eye circles and camouflaging tiny bags. I tried using it to cover redness from a pimple, but it rubbed off the foundation I had on it already, so I will probably not use it for face concealing. But for eyes, it's the best I've used. It covers fully, it looks smooth and stays this way without creasing or fading. I have tiny bags, and they get camouflaged with this concealer. And you only need a very tiny bit, as it's thick and spreads easily. I can see this lasting me a very long time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Will be returning to Sephora, unfortunately thought this would live up to the hype so purchased online vs trying in store.

Value for a concealer is amazing, was really hoping this would take the place of my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer however several things about this just doesn't work. I would be more likely to suggest this as a highlighting/contouring product if the undertones match you.

1. Packaging is very poor compared to any concealer I've used - too much product comes out on the want and it has a funnel-like opening that collects lots of product on the outside of it rather than wiping the applicator off as you pull it out of the container. Messy, kinda gross for high end make-up and wastes product

2. All of the light shades are quite clearly yellow toned, does not work for neutral skin, oxidizes slightly as well

3. ...it just doesn't really conceal at all lol. I found when using it on spots I would end up going over them again with my Amazing Cosmetics or NARS concealer. More foundation-y for highlighting/contouring than concealing. I like a lighter foundation but when I conceal a spot I don't want that area seeing the light of day til I take my makeup off.