Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 30-35
Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

4.8

on 3/16/2019 6:48:00 PM

This concealer is 100% worth all the hype!

I have combo skin, which tends to get quite dry in the winter and rather oily in the summer. Especially in the winter my under eyes can dry out rather easily, so my concealer has to be hydrating to some extent. My preferred coverage is medium and I do not like cakey thick concealers. The TF one perfectly delivers! It sits perfectly on my under eyes, has really great medium-high coverage, does not crease and it lasts on my face for the WHOLE day! I have never had any concealer last the whole day on my face and look GOOD!

Now, this concealer is VERY pigmented and thus you do need only a teeny bit! I tap the doe foot lightly on the back of my hand and then with just that small amount I can get really great coverage on my under eyes and any blemishes. For application I have been using my MAC 270s brush, which works really well in buffing and blending the concealer in perfectly. BTW gives you really nice bright under eyes. If you have extremely dark under eye circles, the coverage of BTW may not be enough. i do however find it is easily buildable and one can easily add light layers to create the desired level of coverage.

The bottle is very big, it contains 15 ml of product (generally concealers tend to contain around 5-6 ml... Foundations are usually about 30 ml), so you get half of a foundation! The price is typical for a mid-high end range 28ish €, but you do get way more bang for your buck, as the bottle is so big!

I have been using the shade Swan, which is a pretty great match for my neutral-yellow leaning fair skin. In the winter I'd prefer for it to be a bit lighter, but it does blend into my skin and foundation (Nars Siberia/Cover FX N10) rather seamlessly, so I do not mind.

Highly recommend this concealer to pretty much anybody! It is so rare to get a complexion product, which is both hydrating and has good coverage! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was recommend this product and I'm so happy I purchased it! The BEST concealer I have ever used. It's not thick, doesn't settle, and covers well! I think for the price and the amount of product you get, it's absolutely worth it! The bottle is huge! I love the applicator. I mostly use this for under my eyes and a little goes a LOOOONG way. I'm around NC 25-30 and I bought light beige to lighten up my under eyes area.

I made sure to stock up during the 20% off at Sephora :)

on 11/3/2018 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- hydrating
- weightless
- full coverage
- blendable
- little goes a long way

CONS

- creases a tad bit

COMMENTS: Aside from a bit of creasing (and if that is pretty minimal), this is a fantastic product. This is what I wanted Shape Tape to be. It blends like a dream and covers so well. A little goes a very long way. I love the amount of product you get, too.

Will repurchase.

on 9/4/2018 11:20:00 AM

I wear shade Snow in the foundation, and I found that the same shade works for me in this concealer as well. I would have gone for Swan, that seemed like a good match too, but they didn't have it in stock. I'm glad I picked Snow though, I think it's the better match for me.

I gave it a 5 star rating based on the performance alone, as there are 2 things that I'm not too fond of: the price (but I guess it's forgivable, as the size makes up for it), and the bottle. I really don't like the opening, or the too-big doe foot applicator. Together, they make for a big mess :s

But back to the product itself, it's pretty great for covering under eye circles and camouflaging tiny bags. I tried using it to cover redness from a pimple, but it rubbed off the foundation I had on it already, so I will probably not use it for face concealing. But for eyes, it's the best I've used. It covers fully, it looks smooth and stays this way without creasing or fading. I have tiny bags, and they get camouflaged with this concealer. And you only need a very tiny bit, as it's thick and spreads easily. I can see this lasting me a very long time.