Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This was an definite no for me. I have used shape tape and liked it. NARS radiant creamy concealer has been a go too. I don’t have a lot to cover under my eyes, I do have acne. I wanted a concealer that could do both but I get it if it can’t and I don’t hold it against the concealer if it’s a one trick pony.
This concealer was very dry. Like I could only do one eye at a time but it always dried before I could blend it so it looked thick and flaky. The color match was not great. It was very yellow and I’m very neutral toned. I tried it as a spot concealer, and again, it dried very bunchy and flaky. I did not sculpt with it so maybe that’s ok.
I tried it with a damp sponge, brush, and fingers. It never looked better.
The packaging is giant. It looks like a baby foundation and the doe foot is huge. So on one hand you get a lot for your money. On the other hand, for how I would use it, it would dry out or expire before getting used up so I actually would prefer a smaller bottle. The doe foots seem very unsanitary as well. I’d rather those be in smaller bottles that I can use up in 6 months or so. If I get that much product I think a pump like MAC pro longwear would be much better. I returned this product.

I bought this because of the raving reviews all over the interne but I must say I‘m disappointed.
First of all the shades I swstched were all super yellow or orange. I picked the shade Porcelain which was the best match for my NC20 skin but still more yellow than I would’ve liked. Almond might have been better but that’s online only where I live so I didn’t want to take the risk...

First I don’t like the packaging. Too bulky and the applicator is too big and picks up too much product. Now if you use the „typical YT-Guru amount“ you’ll probably find the applicator perfect. But I use what I would consider a normal amount, probably half what you see people on YT use - so still a fair amount for "outside people". But I still have to be careful to not apply too much which I rarely come across when it comes to concealers.

Now I could overlook all of the above if the concealer was amazing, but it really isn’t anything special. It’s hydrating for sure and initially it lookes good and smooth but as far as coverage and lasting power go it’s pretty mediocre. I‘d say it‘s medium coverage and lasts only for a couple of hours before creasing. I don’t know what it is but when I wear this concealer my mascara budges like crazy, so after only 4-5 hours I have black lines and dots underneath my eyes.

It’s not a horrible concealer but really not worth the hype imo. I wouldn’t repurchase it or recommend it to anyone. As a reference some concealers that I like are the Mac Pro Longwear in NC15/20 and the Nars pot concealer in Vanilla.
Those have higher coverage and last an entire day on me and I don’t get that weird mascara smudging underneath my eyes whith them.

I apply all my liquid concealer with a brush btw as this works best for me. Application of this concealer with a BB looks really nice, too but as I had more concerns with the staying power and not the initial look application didn't really make a difference for me. I do set my concealer with a good amount of powder but I don't bake.

on 11/18/2018 11:24:00 PM

I bought this because I heard it's a good value for the amount of product you get in a concealer. I own this in Snow and it's a good light, yellow-toned shade. Since my skin is extremely sensitive, I'm glad that this does not break me out or irritate my skin, but since I'm also dehydrated, I was very surprised that it did not emphasize my flakes. Under the eyes it does look a little heavy, so I do not like using this with a brush, preferably a sponge. With a brush it just seems to be too much and cakes up. It does well all over the face as a foundation as well, if you'd prefer to use it in this way, sheered out. In my opinion, this would be a medium to heavy concealer, considering it is in a liquid formula.

on 11/15/2018 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

With all the glowing reviews I bought this concealer, in the shade Nude, with high hopes. The bottle was huge compared to the average concealer purchase, however I found the doe foot applicator was also fairly huge which is difficult for a targeted application. I dabbed some on the back of my hand and applied under my eyes with a small concealer brush and finger tapped it to blend, then baked with It finishing powder. The results were incredibly disappointing: it looked dry and highlighted every fine line. The color - oh, no. Nude was described as fair rosy. Not on me it wasn’t. Definite yellow cast.

So thinking it was application, I proceeded to test it over the next two weeks. Primer, under foundation, over foundation, baked, not baked; different foundations, nothing made a difference. Dry, scaly looking, yellow skin. High hopes dashed. A definite no for me.

on 11/8/2018 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The first thing that strikes you about this concealer is the size. It is the same size as your average foundation bottle, so that's pretty amazing. It cost me $41 Australian. I purchased this in the colour "snow" as I have very pale skin.

Anyway, as a concealer it's good, not amazing. I do not think this would work very well as a highlighter and I have not used it this way. I apply it as an under eye and general concealer using my Beauty Blender. It has a screw on lid and an applicator brush. I find it blends very easily and stays looking fresh the entire day. I doubt I would repurchase because it's good but not amazing. I can purchase better concealers at a cheaper price, although you do get a lot of product for $41.

on 11/5/2018 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I think this would be my perfect concealer if I could find a better shade match. I picked up the shade Snow as it looked OK in the store but at home it is too light and too yellow on me (I'm around NW18/20). But I can make it work if I mix with another darker neutral concealer. The other tricky part of this for me is that because it's so pigmented and high coverage, I don't like to apply direct to my under eyes. I pat on the back of my hand and then use a small concealer brush to apply under my eyes. This works pretty well as I'm not trying for the Youtuber level of coverage (I'm sixty with dark circles, bags and fine lines so overdoing the concealer is not flattering). As others have commented, it's long lasting, non drying and doesn't settle too much into lines. If you can find your shade match I think it's a brilliant concealer. I recently tried out the new Cover Fx Power Play concealer and although it doesn't have quite as much coverage, I've found a perfect color match in N Light 1, which is more neutral than yellow. It's also as long lasting as the Too Faced and non-drying.

on 10/12/2018 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

don't know how another brand could ever top this concealer. I don't even usually like too face but this is my holy grail. I don't know how I lived without it before. It is shape tape in coverage but not nearly as drying. Little bit goes a long way too much and you will get Cakey. But it doesn't settle in your lines and make you look older. So much comes in the bottle as well. half an ounce-that's half the size of a foundation for something you need a tiny dot of. Amazing

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Used it for the first time yesterday and my oh my, do I love it! I had it on for 12 hours and it didn’t budge, didn’t crease. It looked the same to when I first applied it in the morning. The coverage is good, a little goes a long way. I think I like this one than tarte shape tape.

on 8/2/2018 10:41:00 PM

Final edit- Chanel Le Correcteur Concealer 10 beige knocks everything out the water. I returned my Too faced.

Ive tried shape tape, nars soft matte and creamy radiant, all of mac concealer and this is the best one out of all of these. It has beautiful low scores on cosdna for acne and irritation. This is full coverage like the shape tape but less dry. It has the creaminess of the nars radiant creamy concealer. The color i use is nude. Its a pinkier side but still yellower than creme brule in nars. Its a darker shade than "light" but same tone in the shape tape is the best i can describe it. Theres so many light shades to choose from but mostly caters to warmer undertones. Anyways ill update as i cont to use this.

pros:
natural and skin like
full coverage
does not break me out(good ingredients)
looks good all day
minimal creasing
bang for your buck, 0.50z for 29$ is a great price

cons:
looks heavy and masklike if not careful
color match for cool skintone is not great, a lot of warm and neutral ones
it smells kind of odd but doesn't linger
doe foot applicator is a bit big for my liking (i dab it on the back of my hands then use a brush or finger, i don't directly use the doe foot on my face)

edit-
ive been getting really dry undereyes and this clings a bit. It still looks great when used in tiny tiniest amounts. Im not sure if id repurchase because i havent been needing a full coverage concealer. Since i barely use any product because its sooo much coverage i doubt i finish before it expires. Its so hard to just use a little amount and i end up using too much and it looking very mask like.

on 7/25/2018 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

This reminds me a lot of the Shape Tape but I think I like this better, because the shade range is far more suitable towards my deep golden skintone and because the formula isn't as dry. I wear Medium Golden - Sand and it's perfect for my undereyes as well as the demarcation lines around my mouth. It isn't ashy at all, conceals well and layers well too! It's a touch hydrating which is great for my undereyes, especially when I set it because the finish is perfect. The only thing is I won't use it to brighten the middle of my nose anymore because that hydration factor that's so great for my undereyes is not so great for my oily nose!  But all in all, I've finally foung my OG concealer and as an added bonus, you get quite a bit of product in some really lovely packaging. I will repurchase again and again!