Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

3.4

on 2/2/2019 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I decided to purchase this after reading so many rave reviews about it and unfortunately I regret buying it. It was touted as being perhaps even better than Tarte shape Tape which is a staple of mine. This couldn't be further from the truth.

I bought a lighter shade specifically for use under my eyes and I find it creases right away upon application and after setting it with powder. As you can imagine, with the creasing it gives a weathered look to the eyes and just looks awful.

It is hydrating and full coverage, but that's no good if it creases like crazy. I almost wish it wasn't so generously sized so that I can use it up faster. As I bought a highlighting shade, I can't use it for blemishes or as a foundation unless I mix it with something darker.

I don't know how this works as a foundation or blemish concealer, but I wouldn't recommend it for use under the eyes if you have any fine lines. For my undereyes, I'll remain faithful to my holy grail full-coverage combo which is Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer with some Tarte Shape Tape mixed in. I get full coverage and absolutely no creasing with this combo even after a 15 hour work day. Moral of the story- if it aint broke, don't fix it. Lesson learned.

on 1/3/2019 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this product. On the one hand, it does an excellent job at covering dark circles under my eyes, yet at the same time has a very visible heavy concealer look once applied. I wear the shade 'Snow', and find that it is a bit too light, but was the closest match to my skin out of the large selection of shades - too many in my opinion. This also creases on me and I find it very hard to blend. Lastly, the sponge tip applicator wand is simply awkward and not ideal for using as an under-eye concealer.

This is the most disappointing concealer I have ever used, and clearly I am in the minority. For reference, I am 21, avid sunscreen and skincare user. I have dry skin that I moisturize well. I have very (very!) faint fine lines under my eyes. I have the pros and cons listed.

PROS:
-Packaging, doe foot applicator
-Thin and very easy to blend
-fantastic product vs. price ratio
-AMAZING coverage, better than shape tape imo

CONS:
-Creases immediately, creases with setting powder used immediately on top (I use LM translucent), creases after waiting for it to dry fully before setting, creases both using a sponge and brush to blend, creases in any weather, creases with both small and large amounts used.
-makes my under eyes appear ridiculously older and saggy as if gravity is pulling my skin down with this crap on
-Ridiculously yellow and inconsistent shades. I have one of the yellowest, light olive skin tones I have seen and none of these shades matched me. I'm an NC20. I tried Vanilla first (too dark and orangey yellow), then Snow (too pale) and finally Almond (too yellow but depth wise okay)- which I am forcing myself to use up

I am shocked at HOW bad this concealer looks on my face. I have never had a concealer look this bad on me. I've tried many drugstore concealers, and with setting powder they all look great. My HG is the tarte shape tape-don't know why I strayed bc that stuff does NOT crease even without powder. I do not understand how this manages to crease with setting, i am dumbfounded. Clearly, this works for many people, and if you're able to find a shade and this somehow looks good on your undereyes go for it!

on 10/11/2018 4:23:00 PM

Unfortunately I think that this is breaking me out.
I haven't changed anything else with my makeup/skincare routine and now that I have stopped using this concealer, pimples are starting to disappear.
I like it under my eyes tought and I'm going to repurchase it after I run out. It covers my dark under eye circles nicely, doesn't crease or look dry and stays on pretty well.

on 9/9/2018 5:45:00 PM

Best concealer I’ve ever used wavy btter than shape tape , mac plw , bars etc ! Longwearing but not drying

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I've bought several concealers over the last 30+ years, but after a couple weeks they got shoved to the back of the drawer, and eventually tossed. By the time I needed concealer in my late 20's, my skin was already on the dry side, and everything I tried either eventually creased, got cakey, or disappeared in just an hour or two. This stuff doesn't. I am fortunate that Swan is a perfect mach. I wouldn't use it as a foundation as it's a heavier coverage than I want or need for all over, but a little of this and some mascara, and I could call it done and comfortably go on with my day. (I wouldn't, because I LIKE wearing make up, but I could.).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Well, another less than stellar rating! I give this a neutral 3 only because the coverage seemed like it would be very good and texture seemed fine BUT there were no shades at all for my NW20 skin. None. I swatched every single lighter shade and not a single one would have worked under my eyes. The Ulta sales rep said I wasn’t the first she couldn’t match! Pity, I would have bought. Bring out some cool shades please! I’ve no idea how people with very cool skin tone are using this without it being terribly obviously makeup?

on 9/1/2018 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have it in 3 shades for concealing and contouring and it goes on beautifully. Coverage wise this is the only concealer I've ever used that completely covers the melasma on the top of my cheek bones from my last pregnancy. It even holds up reasonably well to the heat and humidity of the south. For under eye concealing this is the perfect creamy consistency not too watery not to thick. It does crease a little like every other concealer but it doesnt highlite every line you never knew you had and covers dark circles well. It doesn't separate in my oiler t-zone or dry out under the eye either. Typically I use this to conceal redness around my nose and chin, cover melasma and to brighten the under eye area. I use very little on top of a light coverage TM and my skin looks great. I've also used this with a heavier hand in 3 shades for a full coverage face with contour and it blended great and gave full natural coverage without feeling heavy. You dont need a ton of product because it blends out easily and is very pigmented. Love the oversized doe foot applicator and the generous amount of product for the price. There is a big shade selection especially for a concealer but I do find that all 2 faced concealers and foundation formulas are pretty yellow so test before you buy. The shade I expected to be in was way too
golden for me but the shade below worked fine. This does oxidize a bit so going a shade lighter worked out well and is something to keep in mind. I'll definitely repurchase.