Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This concealer has definitely reached HG status, right up there with UD Naked Skin concealer, and the coverage is absolutely great. Unlike the foundation from the same line, it is hydrating without being greasy or oily. The packaging is also nice and it can also easily be used as foundation replacement. Even the price is somewhat justified, considering the amount that you get. As of late, this is the only concealer I`ve been using and I liked it so much that I even recommended it to my family members and friends. I wish this concealer was more popular cause it`s really a gem!
PROS :
- Great coverage
- Hydrating without greasiness
- Nice packaging
- Minimal creasing
CONS :
- Price ( for some )
- The applicator is bigger than most
- Can feel a bit heavy after the 8 hour mark

This is the most disappointing concealer I have ever used, and clearly I am in the minority. For reference, I am 21, avid sunscreen and skincare user. I have dry skin that I moisturize well. I have very (very!) faint fine lines under my eyes. I have the pros and cons listed.

PROS:
-Packaging, doe foot applicator
-Thin and very easy to blend
-fantastic product vs. price ratio
-AMAZING coverage, better than shape tape imo

CONS:
-Creases immediately, creases with setting powder used immediately on top (I use LM translucent), creases after waiting for it to dry fully before setting, creases both using a sponge and brush to blend, creases in any weather, creases with both small and large amounts used.
-makes my under eyes appear ridiculously older and saggy as if gravity is pulling my skin down with this crap on
-Ridiculously yellow and inconsistent shades. I have one of the yellowest, light olive skin tones I have seen and none of these shades matched me. I'm an NC20. I tried Vanilla first (too dark and orangey yellow), then Snow (too pale) and finally Almond (too yellow but depth wise okay)- which I am forcing myself to use up

I am shocked at HOW bad this concealer looks on my face. I have never had a concealer look this bad on me. I've tried many drugstore concealers, and with setting powder they all look great. My HG is the tarte shape tape-don't know why I strayed bc that stuff does NOT crease even without powder. I do not understand how this manages to crease with setting, i am dumbfounded. Clearly, this works for many people, and if you're able to find a shade and this somehow looks good on your undereyes go for it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I’m really surprised that so many reviewers find this more drying than shape tape! For me the main difference is that this is less dry!
Having said that, I also find the coverage to be slightly compromised compared to shape tape. However, one of the things I both like and dislike (depending on the situation and time constraints) about shape tape is you really don’t have that much “setting time” before you have to start blending or it’ll just harden like calamine lotion. This gives a little more leeway, and there’s something about that time to set that makes a difference in coverage and longevity. If that makes sense?
So... I like this very much, excellent shade range to choose from, and I think the price is pretty good considering the fact that this is a lot of product for a concealer.
Of course, I’ve now found that this works best IN TANDEM with shape tape, meaning applied over it. Then set time then blend. So really what this has done is added one more step and product. But let’s face it if I was so concerned with a low maintenance routine and pared down cosmetic collection I probably wouldn’t be here on Makeup Alley.

All in all I’m impressed with this and I’m really glad it exsists because I can buy it at Sephora and the one Ulta in my city is kind of far, never has anything in stock and the website is a pain too. It’s good to have an alternative.

Hands down the best concealer I’ve ever used. I can pop this on my undereyes (T zone), blend it out, set with a powder, and be good to go for the day... no foundation necessary. It’s amazing how well this covers up imperfections. This stuff would conceal your darkest secrets! I swear it’s a game changer. I’ve recommended it to all my friends and I will definitely repurchase. I have used only as a concealer and not as a contour.

on 11/30/2018 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- Full coverage
- LESS than a pea sized amount is more than enough to cover the under eye area and then some
- A lot of product
- Matte finish

Cons:
- Not natural looking
- Separates in dry spots (I have extremely oily skin but use retin A)
- Settles into any fine lines
- Very heavy
- Looks cakey on

Overall, it's a no for me. This product may be great for those looking for the "Instagram makeup" full coverage look. Me, I prefer a natural finish which this product does not deliver on.

I bought this because of the raving reviews all over the interne but I must say I‘m disappointed.
First of all the shades I swstched were all super yellow or orange. I picked the shade Porcelain which was the best match for my NC20 skin but still more yellow than I would’ve liked. Almond might have been better but that’s online only where I live so I didn’t want to take the risk...

First I don’t like the packaging. Too bulky and the applicator is too big and picks up too much product. Now if you use the „typical YT-Guru amount“ you’ll probably find the applicator perfect. But I use what I would consider a normal amount, probably half what you see people on YT use - so still a fair amount for "outside people". But I still have to be careful to not apply too much which I rarely come across when it comes to concealers.

Now I could overlook all of the above if the concealer was amazing, but it really isn’t anything special. It’s hydrating for sure and initially it lookes good and smooth but as far as coverage and lasting power go it’s pretty mediocre. I‘d say it‘s medium coverage and lasts only for a couple of hours before creasing. I don’t know what it is but when I wear this concealer my mascara budges like crazy, so after only 4-5 hours I have black lines and dots underneath my eyes.

It’s not a horrible concealer but really not worth the hype imo. I wouldn’t repurchase it or recommend it to anyone. As a reference some concealers that I like are the Mac Pro Longwear in NC15/20 and the Nars pot concealer in Vanilla.
Those have higher coverage and last an entire day on me and I don’t get that weird mascara smudging underneath my eyes whith them.

I apply all my liquid concealer with a brush btw as this works best for me. Application of this concealer with a BB looks really nice, too but as I had more concerns with the staying power and not the initial look application didn't really make a difference for me. I do set my concealer with a good amount of powder but I don't bake.

Bought this concealer because of the hype but honestly its overrated af. Its even drier than shape Tape so if u have dry skin, forget about it. It kinda reminds me of a cheap drugstore concealer cause the pigmentation is good, but it has a dry complex, and creases too much. Compared to Bye Bye Concealer by IT Cosmetics, i would definitely say they have same coverage and Born blends better but Byebye is better for dry skin. Still not sure if I will buy BornThisWay again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like the coverage but it really creases on me. Very reflective so very good for inner corner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was recommend this product and I'm so happy I purchased it! The BEST concealer I have ever used. It's not thick, doesn't settle, and covers well! I think for the price and the amount of product you get, it's absolutely worth it! The bottle is huge! I love the applicator. I mostly use this for under my eyes and a little goes a LOOOONG way. I'm around NC 25-30 and I bought light beige to lighten up my under eyes area.

I made sure to stock up during the 20% off at Sephora :)

on 10/22/2018 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

i am very surprised that this has taken the place of Tarte Shape Tape as my go to under eye concealer. I have been using Shape Tape for several years. I have trouble sleeping and so suffer with dark under eye circles that resist coverage. I love the Tarte but there is no doubt that it is more drying on my delicate under eye area than the Too Faced. This concealer is not quite as thick as the Shape Tape but looks more natural and I am willing to take the trade. I still use Shape Tape for my lids but am definitely a convert. Give it a try.