Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

4.5

This concealer doesn't work for me! It's too heavy for my undereyes and when I use it on my face to cover blemishes it never looks natural and sits in my pores. By the way, I have oily skin.The coverage is medium. I have the original born this way and I liked the finish better because it looks more natural and skin like. The latter has a light to medium coverage. In my opinion I don't think this is a dupe for Tarte Shape Tape. Shape Tape is thinner in concistency, quite oil absorbing and looks more natural than the Too Faced.
I think the Make Up Revolution concealer is an exact dupe for the Too Faced Concealer. The Too Faced isn't as matte as the Shape Tape. The Camouflage Concealer by Catrice comes closer to the Shape Tape in concistency. Even the Colourpop would be considered a dupe for the Shape Tape.
I have the shade Snow which is a neutral pale shade, that is way lighter than light sand -pale yellow toned (Shape Tape). If you have NC20 skin I would recommend the shade Almond. If you wear light in the original Born this way concealer and it matches you perfectly I would recommend the shade Vanilla. The shade Vanilla in the Nars concealer is less pale and more pink toned whereas the shade Fair 2 in Colourpop concealer is even paler, almost white, than the shade Snow. Keep in mind that the Too Faced concealer slightly oxidizes.
Overall, I would say if you didn't like Shape Tape then you probably love this one but if you love Shape Tape don't expect this concealer to perform the same way.

on 10/15/2018 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A great dupe for Tarte Shape Tape! The only difference is that Shape Tape is slightly thicker, but this one works great cause it has the same coverage as Shape Tape but isn’t as cakey! This didn’t crease under my eyes at the end of the day as much as Shape Tape does.

on 9/16/2018 7:51:00 AM

Fabulous concealer and long lasting but blend well into your skin with lightening fast speed. It dries quickly and takes years off your looks if you have dark shadows. This was recommended by an Ulta makeup artist for my under eye circles .It puts the cheaper drugstore products to shame ! The Ulta consultant assured me it would last me at least a year as a mere speck goes a long way. The submersible sponge applicator can be kept clean by dotting concealet from applicator sponge to a clean concealer brush and fyi..Sephora has a great one !

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have shape tape, effercernes, maquicomplete, Mac Pro longwear concealer, It concealer, Cle de Peau concealer, Osmosis, BE serum concealer, Nars radiant, and probably more. These are just in my current use pile. If there is a new concealer I will try it because I have very bad undereye circles. I also have some pigmentation marks that I conceal so the concealer must be multi-purpose. Also If it's crease free I will do cartwheels. This concealer does what others have failed to do. Cover, conceal, highlight and do it without creasing!

I had a little trouble with the colors offered. I'm NC 20 so I tried light beige, medium beige, vanilla and some other light colors. I thought light beige was wrong but it turned out to be the one because the colors oxidize a little. Darker colors were too dark and vanilla and lower were white on me.

Amount in the tube is awesome and like a foundation so I can use this on all spots without worrying about the amount. And it is available at many stores. I've been using this for 3 weeks so I think I have used it long enough to have an opinion.