Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

3.7

on 2/2/2019 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I decided to purchase this after reading so many rave reviews about it and unfortunately I regret buying it. It was touted as being perhaps even better than Tarte shape Tape which is a staple of mine. This couldn't be further from the truth.

I bought a lighter shade specifically for use under my eyes and I find it creases right away upon application and after setting it with powder. As you can imagine, with the creasing it gives a weathered look to the eyes and just looks awful.

It is hydrating and full coverage, but that's no good if it creases like crazy. I almost wish it wasn't so generously sized so that I can use it up faster. As I bought a highlighting shade, I can't use it for blemishes or as a foundation unless I mix it with something darker.

I don't know how this works as a foundation or blemish concealer, but I wouldn't recommend it for use under the eyes if you have any fine lines. For my undereyes, I'll remain faithful to my holy grail full-coverage combo which is Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer with some Tarte Shape Tape mixed in. I get full coverage and absolutely no creasing with this combo even after a 15 hour work day. Moral of the story- if it aint broke, don't fix it. Lesson learned.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This was an definite no for me. I have used shape tape and liked it. NARS radiant creamy concealer has been a go too. I don’t have a lot to cover under my eyes, I do have acne. I wanted a concealer that could do both but I get it if it can’t and I don’t hold it against the concealer if it’s a one trick pony.
This concealer was very dry. Like I could only do one eye at a time but it always dried before I could blend it so it looked thick and flaky. The color match was not great. It was very yellow and I’m very neutral toned. I tried it as a spot concealer, and again, it dried very bunchy and flaky. I did not sculpt with it so maybe that’s ok.
I tried it with a damp sponge, brush, and fingers. It never looked better.
The packaging is giant. It looks like a baby foundation and the doe foot is huge. So on one hand you get a lot for your money. On the other hand, for how I would use it, it would dry out or expire before getting used up so I actually would prefer a smaller bottle. The doe foots seem very unsanitary as well. I’d rather those be in smaller bottles that I can use up in 6 months or so. If I get that much product I think a pump like MAC pro longwear would be much better. I returned this product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like the coverage but it really creases on me. Very reflective so very good for inner corner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was recommend this product and I'm so happy I purchased it! The BEST concealer I have ever used. It's not thick, doesn't settle, and covers well! I think for the price and the amount of product you get, it's absolutely worth it! The bottle is huge! I love the applicator. I mostly use this for under my eyes and a little goes a LOOOONG way. I'm around NC 25-30 and I bought light beige to lighten up my under eyes area.

I made sure to stock up during the 20% off at Sephora :)

on 10/12/2018 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

don't know how another brand could ever top this concealer. I don't even usually like too face but this is my holy grail. I don't know how I lived without it before. It is shape tape in coverage but not nearly as drying. Little bit goes a long way too much and you will get Cakey. But it doesn't settle in your lines and make you look older. So much comes in the bottle as well. half an ounce-that's half the size of a foundation for something you need a tiny dot of. Amazing

on 8/2/2018 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

My favorite concealer at the moment. Super creamy and blendable! A little goes a long way. Definitely better than the shape tape, I find the shape tape to be too drying. This one is great and it works even on my oily skin!