Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

4.3

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This concealer has definitely reached HG status, right up there with UD Naked Skin concealer, and the coverage is absolutely great. Unlike the foundation from the same line, it is hydrating without being greasy or oily. The packaging is also nice and it can also easily be used as foundation replacement. Even the price is somewhat justified, considering the amount that you get. As of late, this is the only concealer I`ve been using and I liked it so much that I even recommended it to my family members and friends. I wish this concealer was more popular cause it`s really a gem!
PROS :
- Great coverage
- Hydrating without greasiness
- Nice packaging
- Minimal creasing
CONS :
- Price ( for some )
- The applicator is bigger than most
- Can feel a bit heavy after the 8 hour mark

on 1/3/2019 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this product. On the one hand, it does an excellent job at covering dark circles under my eyes, yet at the same time has a very visible heavy concealer look once applied. I wear the shade 'Snow', and find that it is a bit too light, but was the closest match to my skin out of the large selection of shades - too many in my opinion. This also creases on me and I find it very hard to blend. Lastly, the sponge tip applicator wand is simply awkward and not ideal for using as an under-eye concealer.

Hands down the best concealer I’ve ever used. I can pop this on my undereyes (T zone), blend it out, set with a powder, and be good to go for the day... no foundation necessary. It’s amazing how well this covers up imperfections. This stuff would conceal your darkest secrets! I swear it’s a game changer. I’ve recommended it to all my friends and I will definitely repurchase. I have used only as a concealer and not as a contour.

I bought this because of the raving reviews all over the interne but I must say I‘m disappointed.
First of all the shades I swstched were all super yellow or orange. I picked the shade Porcelain which was the best match for my NC20 skin but still more yellow than I would’ve liked. Almond might have been better but that’s online only where I live so I didn’t want to take the risk...

First I don’t like the packaging. Too bulky and the applicator is too big and picks up too much product. Now if you use the „typical YT-Guru amount“ you’ll probably find the applicator perfect. But I use what I would consider a normal amount, probably half what you see people on YT use - so still a fair amount for "outside people". But I still have to be careful to not apply too much which I rarely come across when it comes to concealers.

Now I could overlook all of the above if the concealer was amazing, but it really isn’t anything special. It’s hydrating for sure and initially it lookes good and smooth but as far as coverage and lasting power go it’s pretty mediocre. I‘d say it‘s medium coverage and lasts only for a couple of hours before creasing. I don’t know what it is but when I wear this concealer my mascara budges like crazy, so after only 4-5 hours I have black lines and dots underneath my eyes.

It’s not a horrible concealer but really not worth the hype imo. I wouldn’t repurchase it or recommend it to anyone. As a reference some concealers that I like are the Mac Pro Longwear in NC15/20 and the Nars pot concealer in Vanilla.
Those have higher coverage and last an entire day on me and I don’t get that weird mascara smudging underneath my eyes whith them.

I apply all my liquid concealer with a brush btw as this works best for me. Application of this concealer with a BB looks really nice, too but as I had more concerns with the staying power and not the initial look application didn't really make a difference for me. I do set my concealer with a good amount of powder but I don't bake.

on 11/18/2018 11:24:00 PM

I bought this because I heard it's a good value for the amount of product you get in a concealer. I own this in Snow and it's a good light, yellow-toned shade. Since my skin is extremely sensitive, I'm glad that this does not break me out or irritate my skin, but since I'm also dehydrated, I was very surprised that it did not emphasize my flakes. Under the eyes it does look a little heavy, so I do not like using this with a brush, preferably a sponge. With a brush it just seems to be too much and cakes up. It does well all over the face as a foundation as well, if you'd prefer to use it in this way, sheered out. In my opinion, this would be a medium to heavy concealer, considering it is in a liquid formula.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Not sure what the hype is about with this concealer. I would say it's just okay. Every time I've used it it has looked textured and dry, and I do not have dry skin. I would recommend the Cover FX Power Play Concealer over this. It's not as full coverage, but can be built up, and even 3 layers of it would look more natural than this does. Plus, better shades!

on 11/3/2018 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- hydrating
- weightless
- full coverage
- blendable
- little goes a long way

CONS

- creases a tad bit

COMMENTS: Aside from a bit of creasing (and if that is pretty minimal), this is a fantastic product. This is what I wanted Shape Tape to be. It blends like a dream and covers so well. A little goes a very long way. I love the amount of product you get, too.

Will repurchase.

Best. Concealer. Ever. Covers dark under eye circles like no other. Brightens up your whole complexion. Easy to apply and blend. Great color selection. A decent bit of product for the $29 price tag. Was about to repurchase the usual MAC pro long wear, but so glad I reached for this instead. So hydrating just like you’re born that way :)

on 10/11/2018 4:23:00 PM

Unfortunately I think that this is breaking me out.
I haven't changed anything else with my makeup/skincare routine and now that I have stopped using this concealer, pimples are starting to disappear.
I like it under my eyes tought and I'm going to repurchase it after I run out. It covers my dark under eye circles nicely, doesn't crease or look dry and stays on pretty well.

on 9/4/2018 11:20:00 AM

I wear shade Snow in the foundation, and I found that the same shade works for me in this concealer as well. I would have gone for Swan, that seemed like a good match too, but they didn't have it in stock. I'm glad I picked Snow though, I think it's the better match for me.

I gave it a 5 star rating based on the performance alone, as there are 2 things that I'm not too fond of: the price (but I guess it's forgivable, as the size makes up for it), and the bottle. I really don't like the opening, or the too-big doe foot applicator. Together, they make for a big mess :s

But back to the product itself, it's pretty great for covering under eye circles and camouflaging tiny bags. I tried using it to cover redness from a pimple, but it rubbed off the foundation I had on it already, so I will probably not use it for face concealing. But for eyes, it's the best I've used. It covers fully, it looks smooth and stays this way without creasing or fading. I have tiny bags, and they get camouflaged with this concealer. And you only need a very tiny bit, as it's thick and spreads easily. I can see this lasting me a very long time.