Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

on 11/8/2018 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The first thing that strikes you about this concealer is the size. It is the same size as your average foundation bottle, so that's pretty amazing. It cost me $41 Australian. I purchased this in the colour "snow" as I have very pale skin.

Anyway, as a concealer it's good, not amazing. I do not think this would work very well as a highlighter and I have not used it this way. I apply it as an under eye and general concealer using my Beauty Blender. It has a screw on lid and an applicator brush. I find it blends very easily and stays looking fresh the entire day. I doubt I would repurchase because it's good but not amazing. I can purchase better concealers at a cheaper price, although you do get a lot of product for $41.

on 11/5/2018 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I think this would be my perfect concealer if I could find a better shade match. I picked up the shade Snow as it looked OK in the store but at home it is too light and too yellow on me (I'm around NW18/20). But I can make it work if I mix with another darker neutral concealer. The other tricky part of this for me is that because it's so pigmented and high coverage, I don't like to apply direct to my under eyes. I pat on the back of my hand and then use a small concealer brush to apply under my eyes. This works pretty well as I'm not trying for the Youtuber level of coverage (I'm sixty with dark circles, bags and fine lines so overdoing the concealer is not flattering). As others have commented, it's long lasting, non drying and doesn't settle too much into lines. If you can find your shade match I think it's a brilliant concealer. I recently tried out the new Cover Fx Power Play concealer and although it doesn't have quite as much coverage, I've found a perfect color match in N Light 1, which is more neutral than yellow. It's also as long lasting as the Too Faced and non-drying.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

WOW! I was on the hunt for a new concealer for contouring and highlighting and this is IT!!

I think I chose a shade slightly too dark for my contouring... which is my own fault! Nevertheless I can easily blend together the two shades to make the darker shade a touch lighter and it's perfect.

It's super easy to blend, has a nice light scent and the applicator brush is perfect for me. It's slightly on the larger side but it's quite fluffy so super easy to apply and the handle is long enough to get into all those tighter places like under and around the eyes.

The overall coverage is extremely high and it's quite thick in consistency. I tend to start on the lighter side and build the product, which I can't seem to do to this level with any other concealer as it cakes/dries out or looks weirdly patchy and doesn't blend.

I use this over l'oreal infallible pro-glow foundation and it's perfect. I didn't find it at all drying and it didn't cake (especially under my eyes!). I set it with Laura Mercier translucent powder and Urban Decay all nighter setting spray.

This truly is the holy grail of concealers!!

on 9/1/2018 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Seriously confused why this has all good reviews on here? although the concealer is promising, i was so excited to receive this the minute it launched! the shade range is TERRIBLE i has the shade golden beige which was waaaaay to golden, i tried the shade light beige which oxidizes, i tried vanilla which is straight yellow, i tried almond which is also a very pale YELLOW, it doesn’t look realistic and makes you look like you’re visibly wearing makeup because of the coloring, it’s so tacky it never dries down? it reminds me of bye bye under eye by it cosmetics, it’s so wet and even when i set it with powder it just always has that sitting on top of your skin, extra layer look.. i wanted to love this because the packing is amazing, the amount of product you get is amazing and the idea of the concealer is amazing i’m so sad i don’t like this.. maybe if they came out with a matte version and different colors that don’t turn orange or yellow. I am olive skin toned so i’m pretty tan and warm so the fact they even look yellow on me is concerning for somebody who actually has pale or pink toned skin, it just won’t work out at all.

on 7/25/2018 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

This reminds me a lot of the Shape Tape but I think I like this better, because the shade range is far more suitable towards my deep golden skintone and because the formula isn't as dry. I wear Medium Golden - Sand and it's perfect for my undereyes as well as the demarcation lines around my mouth. It isn't ashy at all, conceals well and layers well too! It's a touch hydrating which is great for my undereyes, especially when I set it because the finish is perfect. The only thing is I won't use it to brighten the middle of my nose anymore because that hydration factor that's so great for my undereyes is not so great for my oily nose!  But all in all, I've finally foung my OG concealer and as an added bonus, you get quite a bit of product in some really lovely packaging. I will repurchase again and again!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Anyone else think Too Faced has been meh the past few years or so? Especially lacking in the complexion department with their garbage Born This Way foundation and mediocre Peach foundation. I saw good reviews for this concealer when I was in the market for a new one after Tarte Shape Tape ran out which to be quite honest, was good but not amazing for me to repurchase.

I was able to find my shade easily and can even get away with a few of them (although I wish it was more neutral like Shape Tape offers but I can make it work). I ended up with nude because I wanted it to be light enough to brighten but not too light that I can’t wear it on its own.

Packaging - the wand is HUGE so if you’re one of those people who applies the triangles under your eyes after your foundation, you might want to go easy or you’ll be blending this down your cheeks. I prefer to wear this under foundation.

Speaking of blendability - so easy to work with and spreads like a dream but might take a little bit more time with a brush. I find the best application technique is a combination of patting and lightly swiping. This concealer is meant to be blended, not pressed into the skin. The consistency a lot thinner and less drying than Tarte ST.

Coverage - gorgeous, natural luminous finish. For something so natural, it sure packs a punch as this is the highest coverage, non-caking concealer I’ve ever used. Heck, it even covered my huge sun spot which no other concealer or even FOUNDATION has ever done in the 8 year history of me wearing makeup. Toss the Shape Tape, toss the Prolongwear, toss the KVD, and GET THIS.

I’m planning to get the next shade up so I can use it all over the face on days I don’t feel like wearing foundation. If after you try this and you feel like doing the same, just a warning it won’t last all day as an all over coverage but as a concealer YASSSSS.