Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

3.1

on 2/12/2019 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Great product. I ave used drugstore, Maybelline Fit Me, Age Rewind and high end. Laura Mercier and Benefit Brightening. The drugstore concealers did nothing for my dark circles and bags. Both the Laura Mercier and Benefit were good nut Born This Way is outstanding. The trick is the tiniest dot and pat it on. No setting powder. Use it alone without foundation. Not cakey Shade match to Mac F&B perfect. I personally do not like the lighter undereye look. If I ever run out, which I highly doubt would repurchase.

This is the most disappointing concealer I have ever used, and clearly I am in the minority. For reference, I am 21, avid sunscreen and skincare user. I have dry skin that I moisturize well. I have very (very!) faint fine lines under my eyes. I have the pros and cons listed.

PROS:
-Packaging, doe foot applicator
-Thin and very easy to blend
-fantastic product vs. price ratio
-AMAZING coverage, better than shape tape imo

CONS:
-Creases immediately, creases with setting powder used immediately on top (I use LM translucent), creases after waiting for it to dry fully before setting, creases both using a sponge and brush to blend, creases in any weather, creases with both small and large amounts used.
-makes my under eyes appear ridiculously older and saggy as if gravity is pulling my skin down with this crap on
-Ridiculously yellow and inconsistent shades. I have one of the yellowest, light olive skin tones I have seen and none of these shades matched me. I'm an NC20. I tried Vanilla first (too dark and orangey yellow), then Snow (too pale) and finally Almond (too yellow but depth wise okay)- which I am forcing myself to use up

I am shocked at HOW bad this concealer looks on my face. I have never had a concealer look this bad on me. I've tried many drugstore concealers, and with setting powder they all look great. My HG is the tarte shape tape-don't know why I strayed bc that stuff does NOT crease even without powder. I do not understand how this manages to crease with setting, i am dumbfounded. Clearly, this works for many people, and if you're able to find a shade and this somehow looks good on your undereyes go for it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I’m really surprised that so many reviewers find this more drying than shape tape! For me the main difference is that this is less dry!
Having said that, I also find the coverage to be slightly compromised compared to shape tape. However, one of the things I both like and dislike (depending on the situation and time constraints) about shape tape is you really don’t have that much “setting time” before you have to start blending or it’ll just harden like calamine lotion. This gives a little more leeway, and there’s something about that time to set that makes a difference in coverage and longevity. If that makes sense?
So... I like this very much, excellent shade range to choose from, and I think the price is pretty good considering the fact that this is a lot of product for a concealer.
Of course, I’ve now found that this works best IN TANDEM with shape tape, meaning applied over it. Then set time then blend. So really what this has done is added one more step and product. But let’s face it if I was so concerned with a low maintenance routine and pared down cosmetic collection I probably wouldn’t be here on Makeup Alley.

All in all I’m impressed with this and I’m really glad it exsists because I can buy it at Sephora and the one Ulta in my city is kind of far, never has anything in stock and the website is a pain too. It’s good to have an alternative.

Bought this concealer because of the hype but honestly its overrated af. Its even drier than shape Tape so if u have dry skin, forget about it. It kinda reminds me of a cheap drugstore concealer cause the pigmentation is good, but it has a dry complex, and creases too much. Compared to Bye Bye Concealer by IT Cosmetics, i would definitely say they have same coverage and Born blends better but Byebye is better for dry skin. Still not sure if I will buy BornThisWay again.

on 11/15/2018 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

With all the glowing reviews I bought this concealer, in the shade Nude, with high hopes. The bottle was huge compared to the average concealer purchase, however I found the doe foot applicator was also fairly huge which is difficult for a targeted application. I dabbed some on the back of my hand and applied under my eyes with a small concealer brush and finger tapped it to blend, then baked with It finishing powder. The results were incredibly disappointing: it looked dry and highlighted every fine line. The color - oh, no. Nude was described as fair rosy. Not on me it wasn’t. Definite yellow cast.

So thinking it was application, I proceeded to test it over the next two weeks. Primer, under foundation, over foundation, baked, not baked; different foundations, nothing made a difference. Dry, scaly looking, yellow skin. High hopes dashed. A definite no for me.

on 10/22/2018 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

i am very surprised that this has taken the place of Tarte Shape Tape as my go to under eye concealer. I have been using Shape Tape for several years. I have trouble sleeping and so suffer with dark under eye circles that resist coverage. I love the Tarte but there is no doubt that it is more drying on my delicate under eye area than the Too Faced. This concealer is not quite as thick as the Shape Tape but looks more natural and I am willing to take the trade. I still use Shape Tape for my lids but am definitely a convert. Give it a try.

I have dry sensitive skin and the concealer broke me out and gave me pimples. The concealer also sets into my dry areas around my nose

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I've bought several concealers over the last 30+ years, but after a couple weeks they got shoved to the back of the drawer, and eventually tossed. By the time I needed concealer in my late 20's, my skin was already on the dry side, and everything I tried either eventually creased, got cakey, or disappeared in just an hour or two. This stuff doesn't. I am fortunate that Swan is a perfect mach. I wouldn't use it as a foundation as it's a heavier coverage than I want or need for all over, but a little of this and some mascara, and I could call it done and comfortably go on with my day. (I wouldn't, because I LIKE wearing make up, but I could.).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Will be returning to Sephora, unfortunately thought this would live up to the hype so purchased online vs trying in store.

Value for a concealer is amazing, was really hoping this would take the place of my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer however several things about this just doesn't work. I would be more likely to suggest this as a highlighting/contouring product if the undertones match you.

1. Packaging is very poor compared to any concealer I've used - too much product comes out on the want and it has a funnel-like opening that collects lots of product on the outside of it rather than wiping the applicator off as you pull it out of the container. Messy, kinda gross for high end make-up and wastes product

2. All of the light shades are quite clearly yellow toned, does not work for neutral skin, oxidizes slightly as well

3. ...it just doesn't really conceal at all lol. I found when using it on spots I would end up going over them again with my Amazing Cosmetics or NARS concealer. More foundation-y for highlighting/contouring than concealing. I like a lighter foundation but when I conceal a spot I don't want that area seeing the light of day til I take my makeup off.