Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

3.9

on 1/3/2019 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this product. On the one hand, it does an excellent job at covering dark circles under my eyes, yet at the same time has a very visible heavy concealer look once applied. I wear the shade 'Snow', and find that it is a bit too light, but was the closest match to my skin out of the large selection of shades - too many in my opinion. This also creases on me and I find it very hard to blend. Lastly, the sponge tip applicator wand is simply awkward and not ideal for using as an under-eye concealer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This was an definite no for me. I have used shape tape and liked it. NARS radiant creamy concealer has been a go too. I don’t have a lot to cover under my eyes, I do have acne. I wanted a concealer that could do both but I get it if it can’t and I don’t hold it against the concealer if it’s a one trick pony.
This concealer was very dry. Like I could only do one eye at a time but it always dried before I could blend it so it looked thick and flaky. The color match was not great. It was very yellow and I’m very neutral toned. I tried it as a spot concealer, and again, it dried very bunchy and flaky. I did not sculpt with it so maybe that’s ok.
I tried it with a damp sponge, brush, and fingers. It never looked better.
The packaging is giant. It looks like a baby foundation and the doe foot is huge. So on one hand you get a lot for your money. On the other hand, for how I would use it, it would dry out or expire before getting used up so I actually would prefer a smaller bottle. The doe foots seem very unsanitary as well. I’d rather those be in smaller bottles that I can use up in 6 months or so. If I get that much product I think a pump like MAC pro longwear would be much better. I returned this product.

on 11/18/2018 11:24:00 PM

I bought this because I heard it's a good value for the amount of product you get in a concealer. I own this in Snow and it's a good light, yellow-toned shade. Since my skin is extremely sensitive, I'm glad that this does not break me out or irritate my skin, but since I'm also dehydrated, I was very surprised that it did not emphasize my flakes. Under the eyes it does look a little heavy, so I do not like using this with a brush, preferably a sponge. With a brush it just seems to be too much and cakes up. It does well all over the face as a foundation as well, if you'd prefer to use it in this way, sheered out. In my opinion, this would be a medium to heavy concealer, considering it is in a liquid formula.

on 11/15/2018 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

With all the glowing reviews I bought this concealer, in the shade Nude, with high hopes. The bottle was huge compared to the average concealer purchase, however I found the doe foot applicator was also fairly huge which is difficult for a targeted application. I dabbed some on the back of my hand and applied under my eyes with a small concealer brush and finger tapped it to blend, then baked with It finishing powder. The results were incredibly disappointing: it looked dry and highlighted every fine line. The color - oh, no. Nude was described as fair rosy. Not on me it wasn’t. Definite yellow cast.

So thinking it was application, I proceeded to test it over the next two weeks. Primer, under foundation, over foundation, baked, not baked; different foundations, nothing made a difference. Dry, scaly looking, yellow skin. High hopes dashed. A definite no for me.

on 11/8/2018 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The first thing that strikes you about this concealer is the size. It is the same size as your average foundation bottle, so that's pretty amazing. It cost me $41 Australian. I purchased this in the colour "snow" as I have very pale skin.

Anyway, as a concealer it's good, not amazing. I do not think this would work very well as a highlighter and I have not used it this way. I apply it as an under eye and general concealer using my Beauty Blender. It has a screw on lid and an applicator brush. I find it blends very easily and stays looking fresh the entire day. I doubt I would repurchase because it's good but not amazing. I can purchase better concealers at a cheaper price, although you do get a lot of product for $41.

on 11/5/2018 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I think this would be my perfect concealer if I could find a better shade match. I picked up the shade Snow as it looked OK in the store but at home it is too light and too yellow on me (I'm around NW18/20). But I can make it work if I mix with another darker neutral concealer. The other tricky part of this for me is that because it's so pigmented and high coverage, I don't like to apply direct to my under eyes. I pat on the back of my hand and then use a small concealer brush to apply under my eyes. This works pretty well as I'm not trying for the Youtuber level of coverage (I'm sixty with dark circles, bags and fine lines so overdoing the concealer is not flattering). As others have commented, it's long lasting, non drying and doesn't settle too much into lines. If you can find your shade match I think it's a brilliant concealer. I recently tried out the new Cover Fx Power Play concealer and although it doesn't have quite as much coverage, I've found a perfect color match in N Light 1, which is more neutral than yellow. It's also as long lasting as the Too Faced and non-drying.

This concealer doesn't work for me! It's too heavy for my undereyes and when I use it on my face to cover blemishes it never looks natural and sits in my pores. By the way, I have oily skin.The coverage is medium. I have the original born this way and I liked the finish better because it looks more natural and skin like. The latter has a light to medium coverage. In my opinion I don't think this is a dupe for Tarte Shape Tape. Shape Tape is thinner in concistency, quite oil absorbing and looks more natural than the Too Faced.
I think the Make Up Revolution concealer is an exact dupe for the Too Faced Concealer. The Too Faced isn't as matte as the Shape Tape. The Camouflage Concealer by Catrice comes closer to the Shape Tape in concistency. Even the Colourpop would be considered a dupe for the Shape Tape.
I have the shade Snow which is a neutral pale shade, that is way lighter than light sand -pale yellow toned (Shape Tape). If you have NC20 skin I would recommend the shade Almond. If you wear light in the original Born this way concealer and it matches you perfectly I would recommend the shade Vanilla. The shade Vanilla in the Nars concealer is less pale and more pink toned whereas the shade Fair 2 in Colourpop concealer is even paler, almost white, than the shade Snow. Keep in mind that the Too Faced concealer slightly oxidizes.
Overall, I would say if you didn't like Shape Tape then you probably love this one but if you love Shape Tape don't expect this concealer to perform the same way.

on 10/15/2018 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A great dupe for Tarte Shape Tape! The only difference is that Shape Tape is slightly thicker, but this one works great cause it has the same coverage as Shape Tape but isn’t as cakey! This didn’t crease under my eyes at the end of the day as much as Shape Tape does.

on 10/12/2018 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

don't know how another brand could ever top this concealer. I don't even usually like too face but this is my holy grail. I don't know how I lived without it before. It is shape tape in coverage but not nearly as drying. Little bit goes a long way too much and you will get Cakey. But it doesn't settle in your lines and make you look older. So much comes in the bottle as well. half an ounce-that's half the size of a foundation for something you need a tiny dot of. Amazing

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Pros:

- You get 15ml worth of product for the same price as concealers with half the amount
- This is crazy full coverage that stays full coverage even after blending
- minimal creasing and doesn't make your under eyes look dry like Shape Tape
- No need to set!! This will last all day without fading

Cons:

- the doe foot applicator is huge. Considering how full coverage this is you do not need a lot of product, seriously just the tiniest little dab is all I need for my eyes and they're really dark. Even if you use this for contour/highlight because of how far it blends out you still wouldn't need so big of an applicator. A lot of product gets wasted on the inner rim
- All the shades lean yellow