Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

3.9

Ummm... Tarte Shape Tape who?? I think a new cult favorite concealer is about to make its way.

This stuff is AMAZING. If you're like me and you find that a lot of concealers are too drying for the undereyes, this one is your guy! I've tried plenty of the cult favorite concealers including NARS Radiant Creamy, NARS Soft Matte, MAC ProLong Wear, Bobbi Brown Corrector, Tarte Shape Tape, Too Faced Born This Way (the OG one), Maybelline Fit Me, NYX HD, and I'm sure I'm missing out on a few others. Out of the ones I just listed, The NARS RCC and MAC PLW were my favorite. However, they would tend to look crepe-y under my eyes after a long day. Granted, I've only worn this twice but I can say that still looks flawless at the end of the day. I'm very impressed!

This new version is miles better than the OG one. I don't tend to go for a "full beat" look on a daily basis (semi-beat, maybe?), and I even thought the OG BTS concealer was just hard to work with because of how sheer it was. I always ended up with streaks or patchy spots because of how sheer that coverage was. Also, I found that it was prone to emphasize some dry patches that I didn't think I had with its really thin texture. So, I'm really glad that Too Faced came up with a bigger and better version of the concealer.because I do enjoy the corresponding foundation. I find that this newer one is good for both the undereyes and blemishes, whereas the older one is passable as an undereye concealer if you don't have much to cover and just unsuitable for any blemishes. Since the coverage is really high for this newer version, I literally just use 2-3 dots under my eyes and that's enough to blend down into a triangle. I also find that I don't need a whole lot for blemishes either, but I do always wear concealer on top of foundation.

Another thing that's blowing my mind is that this concealer is SUCH a good value. Tarte Shape Tape is a hefty amount of product at 10 mL for $27. In comparison, this new Too Faced one is 15 mL for $29. Sure, yes, it's expensive, but it is a much better value than a lot of higher end concealers that I can think of, especially given that it's basically half a foundation bottle.

For reference, I wear Golden Beige (NC30ish) in the foundation and the concealer in the same shade matches well. I chose the color Vanilla as my undereye concealer. I couldn't guess what MAC shade that might be, but I do know it's a tad darker than NARS RCC Vanilla and more peach as opposed to pink.

Run out and try this concealer guys!!!

bought this because of the hype and its generous amount in the tube.
im in between shades for this, story of my life, however it does oxidize on me so i go a shade lighter and then im fine. i think im gold beige in this line, as my usual natural beige is too dark.

today is my first time wearing it and it has lasted.
i dont do the instagram concealer thing, just a few dots here and there and im covered.

the size &price of this is soo good. 15 ml (.5 fl.oz) for $29 USD.

i dont need to powder this on my combo-slightly oily summertime skin

on 7/21/2018 2:32:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Terrific -- what I expected Shape Tape to be. But this is more moisturizing, yet doesn't crease on me if I set it lightly with my small duo fiber brush and lightweigt powder (Hourglass Ethereal, W3l lPeople, MAC Extra Dimension Highlighter). I ordered it before it was in stores, and lucked out with Vanilla. I considered trading it in -- it's a tad yellow and I'd rather go pink than yellow, but the site describes it as Neutral. And it's fine, the color.

Great coverage, easy to apply, really a great find! There's another listing ere for Too Faced Concealer, which is their other one. This one is the one with the long name and extra words. i wonder how long they yanked around "Sculpting."

Highly recommended.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Anyone else think Too Faced has been meh the past few years or so? Especially lacking in the complexion department with their garbage Born This Way foundation and mediocre Peach foundation. I saw good reviews for this concealer when I was in the market for a new one after Tarte Shape Tape ran out which to be quite honest, was good but not amazing for me to repurchase.

I was able to find my shade easily and can even get away with a few of them (although I wish it was more neutral like Shape Tape offers but I can make it work). I ended up with nude because I wanted it to be light enough to brighten but not too light that I can’t wear it on its own.

Packaging - the wand is HUGE so if you’re one of those people who applies the triangles under your eyes after your foundation, you might want to go easy or you’ll be blending this down your cheeks. I prefer to wear this under foundation.

Speaking of blendability - so easy to work with and spreads like a dream but might take a little bit more time with a brush. I find the best application technique is a combination of patting and lightly swiping. This concealer is meant to be blended, not pressed into the skin. The consistency a lot thinner and less drying than Tarte ST.

Coverage - gorgeous, natural luminous finish. For something so natural, it sure packs a punch as this is the highest coverage, non-caking concealer I’ve ever used. Heck, it even covered my huge sun spot which no other concealer or even FOUNDATION has ever done in the 8 year history of me wearing makeup. Toss the Shape Tape, toss the Prolongwear, toss the KVD, and GET THIS.

I’m planning to get the next shade up so I can use it all over the face on days I don’t feel like wearing foundation. If after you try this and you feel like doing the same, just a warning it won’t last all day as an all over coverage but as a concealer YASSSSS.

on 7/25/2018 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

This reminds me a lot of the Shape Tape but I think I like this better, because the shade range is far more suitable towards my deep golden skintone and because the formula isn't as dry. I wear Medium Golden - Sand and it's perfect for my undereyes as well as the demarcation lines around my mouth. It isn't ashy at all, conceals well and layers well too! It's a touch hydrating which is great for my undereyes, especially when I set it because the finish is perfect. The only thing is I won't use it to brighten the middle of my nose anymore because that hydration factor that's so great for my undereyes is not so great for my oily nose!  But all in all, I've finally foung my OG concealer and as an added bonus, you get quite a bit of product in some really lovely packaging. I will repurchase again and again!

on 8/2/2018 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

My favorite concealer at the moment. Super creamy and blendable! A little goes a long way. Definitely better than the shape tape, I find the shape tape to be too drying. This one is great and it works even on my oily skin!

on 8/2/2018 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm really loving this! Most TF liquid products in the past were way too yellow for my N22/25 skin tone, but this new concealer in "Nude" is perfect! It's very creamy, pigmented, and the blend ability is perfection. I love using it under my eyes, down the sides of my nose on cheeks, then buffing MAC Next to Nothing Powder all over.. I get a flawless look.. Definitely recommend.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am currently around NC35-40 with dry skin, wearing the shade Sand. It's a beautiful medium golden shade without any hue of orange.
Too Faced claims this concealer is "a hydrating, full-coverage, weightless, four-in-one formula that conceals, contours, highlights, and retouches" and for once, I agree wholeheartedly.
I wear this concealer on a day to day basis just underneath my eyes and a little on my cheeks. Because I don't wear any other base makeup, I really need my concealer to blend in nicely with a seamless colour match and this fits the bill perfectly.
This stuff is not drying at all, it does not crease into my under-eyes even after a very long day, it is gym proof (I wore it on one of my cardio days, so I can safely say it will survive heavy sweating and therefore crying as well) + it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything! It dries into a demi-matte finish by itself and is buildable, however if you do plan on building it up make sure that you wait a few minutes before applying layers so that it doesn't all cake together.. I speak from experience lol.
I have also taken this with me for retouches, it surprisingly looks really good despite being put on top of already powdered skin.
Overall, I'd say this concealer is definitely worth checking out. It's not everyday that I find a high coverage concealer that compliments dry skin instead of emphasizing it. :)

on 8/2/2018 10:41:00 PM

Final edit- Chanel Le Correcteur Concealer 10 beige knocks everything out the water. I returned my Too faced.

Ive tried shape tape, nars soft matte and creamy radiant, all of mac concealer and this is the best one out of all of these. It has beautiful low scores on cosdna for acne and irritation. This is full coverage like the shape tape but less dry. It has the creaminess of the nars radiant creamy concealer. The color i use is nude. Its a pinkier side but still yellower than creme brule in nars. Its a darker shade than "light" but same tone in the shape tape is the best i can describe it. Theres so many light shades to choose from but mostly caters to warmer undertones. Anyways ill update as i cont to use this.

pros:
natural and skin like
full coverage
does not break me out(good ingredients)
looks good all day
minimal creasing
bang for your buck, 0.50z for 29$ is a great price

cons:
looks heavy and masklike if not careful
color match for cool skintone is not great, a lot of warm and neutral ones
it smells kind of odd but doesn't linger
doe foot applicator is a bit big for my liking (i dab it on the back of my hands then use a brush or finger, i don't directly use the doe foot on my face)

edit-
ive been getting really dry undereyes and this clings a bit. It still looks great when used in tiny tiniest amounts. Im not sure if id repurchase because i havent been needing a full coverage concealer. Since i barely use any product because its sooo much coverage i doubt i finish before it expires. Its so hard to just use a little amount and i end up using too much and it looking very mask like.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THIS CONCEALER. The coverage is insane (think Marc Jacobs remarcable concentrate), yet it can continue to be blended out for a more natural finish. I honestly haven't touched my foundation more than a few times since buying this concealer because I just don't need to, and it honestly has saved at least a couple minutes every morning.

For reference I'm about NC20, pale and yellow. I bought this concealer first in Almond, then in Snow. Almond is between NC20 and NC25 and I really like it for my face, but I needed something lighter for under my eyes so I also got Snow, which I would put between NC15-NC20. This formula covers better than Tarte Shape Tape (which I also have in Light Sand) with less product, so I'm left with a more skin-like finish that looks incredibly natural. I wear this over Urban Decay's Optical Illusion primer and the color lasts all day. If I don't touch up with tissues around lunch I do get shiny, but I don't find this to be problematic because I like how natural it still looks even if I don't blot. I need full coverage anyhow due to acne scarring/uneven tone and large pores and this concealer does everything I want and nothing I don't need (settling into pores, lines, etc). It does transfer a little bit but I haven't ever worn a foundation that doesn't. And honestly, I've worn plenty of foundations that still transferred and didn't even look natural or cover as well, so this one is still a winner. AND it's cruelty free!!