Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

4.3

on 11/15/2018 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

With all the glowing reviews I bought this concealer, in the shade Nude, with high hopes. The bottle was huge compared to the average concealer purchase, however I found the doe foot applicator was also fairly huge which is difficult for a targeted application. I dabbed some on the back of my hand and applied under my eyes with a small concealer brush and finger tapped it to blend, then baked with It finishing powder. The results were incredibly disappointing: it looked dry and highlighted every fine line. The color - oh, no. Nude was described as fair rosy. Not on me it wasn’t. Definite yellow cast.

So thinking it was application, I proceeded to test it over the next two weeks. Primer, under foundation, over foundation, baked, not baked; different foundations, nothing made a difference. Dry, scaly looking, yellow skin. High hopes dashed. A definite no for me.

on 11/5/2018 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I think this would be my perfect concealer if I could find a better shade match. I picked up the shade Snow as it looked OK in the store but at home it is too light and too yellow on me (I'm around NW18/20). But I can make it work if I mix with another darker neutral concealer. The other tricky part of this for me is that because it's so pigmented and high coverage, I don't like to apply direct to my under eyes. I pat on the back of my hand and then use a small concealer brush to apply under my eyes. This works pretty well as I'm not trying for the Youtuber level of coverage (I'm sixty with dark circles, bags and fine lines so overdoing the concealer is not flattering). As others have commented, it's long lasting, non drying and doesn't settle too much into lines. If you can find your shade match I think it's a brilliant concealer. I recently tried out the new Cover Fx Power Play concealer and although it doesn't have quite as much coverage, I've found a perfect color match in N Light 1, which is more neutral than yellow. It's also as long lasting as the Too Faced and non-drying.

on 10/22/2018 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

i am very surprised that this has taken the place of Tarte Shape Tape as my go to under eye concealer. I have been using Shape Tape for several years. I have trouble sleeping and so suffer with dark under eye circles that resist coverage. I love the Tarte but there is no doubt that it is more drying on my delicate under eye area than the Too Faced. This concealer is not quite as thick as the Shape Tape but looks more natural and I am willing to take the trade. I still use Shape Tape for my lids but am definitely a convert. Give it a try.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I've bought several concealers over the last 30+ years, but after a couple weeks they got shoved to the back of the drawer, and eventually tossed. By the time I needed concealer in my late 20's, my skin was already on the dry side, and everything I tried either eventually creased, got cakey, or disappeared in just an hour or two. This stuff doesn't. I am fortunate that Swan is a perfect mach. I wouldn't use it as a foundation as it's a heavier coverage than I want or need for all over, but a little of this and some mascara, and I could call it done and comfortably go on with my day. (I wouldn't, because I LIKE wearing make up, but I could.).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have shape tape, effercernes, maquicomplete, Mac Pro longwear concealer, It concealer, Cle de Peau concealer, Osmosis, BE serum concealer, Nars radiant, and probably more. These are just in my current use pile. If there is a new concealer I will try it because I have very bad undereye circles. I also have some pigmentation marks that I conceal so the concealer must be multi-purpose. Also If it's crease free I will do cartwheels. This concealer does what others have failed to do. Cover, conceal, highlight and do it without creasing!

I had a little trouble with the colors offered. I'm NC 20 so I tried light beige, medium beige, vanilla and some other light colors. I thought light beige was wrong but it turned out to be the one because the colors oxidize a little. Darker colors were too dark and vanilla and lower were white on me.

Amount in the tube is awesome and like a foundation so I can use this on all spots without worrying about the amount. And it is available at many stores. I've been using this for 3 weeks so I think I have used it long enough to have an opinion.

on 7/21/2018 2:32:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Terrific -- what I expected Shape Tape to be. But this is more moisturizing, yet doesn't crease on me if I set it lightly with my small duo fiber brush and lightweigt powder (Hourglass Ethereal, W3l lPeople, MAC Extra Dimension Highlighter). I ordered it before it was in stores, and lucked out with Vanilla. I considered trading it in -- it's a tad yellow and I'd rather go pink than yellow, but the site describes it as Neutral. And it's fine, the color.

Great coverage, easy to apply, really a great find! There's another listing ere for Too Faced Concealer, which is their other one. This one is the one with the long name and extra words. i wonder how long they yanked around "Sculpting."

Highly recommended.