Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

4.3

on 2/12/2019 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Great product. I ave used drugstore, Maybelline Fit Me, Age Rewind and high end. Laura Mercier and Benefit Brightening. The drugstore concealers did nothing for my dark circles and bags. Both the Laura Mercier and Benefit were good nut Born This Way is outstanding. The trick is the tiniest dot and pat it on. No setting powder. Use it alone without foundation. Not cakey Shade match to Mac F&B perfect. I personally do not like the lighter undereye look. If I ever run out, which I highly doubt would repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I’m really surprised that so many reviewers find this more drying than shape tape! For me the main difference is that this is less dry!
Having said that, I also find the coverage to be slightly compromised compared to shape tape. However, one of the things I both like and dislike (depending on the situation and time constraints) about shape tape is you really don’t have that much “setting time” before you have to start blending or it’ll just harden like calamine lotion. This gives a little more leeway, and there’s something about that time to set that makes a difference in coverage and longevity. If that makes sense?
So... I like this very much, excellent shade range to choose from, and I think the price is pretty good considering the fact that this is a lot of product for a concealer.
Of course, I’ve now found that this works best IN TANDEM with shape tape, meaning applied over it. Then set time then blend. So really what this has done is added one more step and product. But let’s face it if I was so concerned with a low maintenance routine and pared down cosmetic collection I probably wouldn’t be here on Makeup Alley.

All in all I’m impressed with this and I’m really glad it exsists because I can buy it at Sephora and the one Ulta in my city is kind of far, never has anything in stock and the website is a pain too. It’s good to have an alternative.

on 11/8/2018 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The first thing that strikes you about this concealer is the size. It is the same size as your average foundation bottle, so that's pretty amazing. It cost me $41 Australian. I purchased this in the colour "snow" as I have very pale skin.

Anyway, as a concealer it's good, not amazing. I do not think this would work very well as a highlighter and I have not used it this way. I apply it as an under eye and general concealer using my Beauty Blender. It has a screw on lid and an applicator brush. I find it blends very easily and stays looking fresh the entire day. I doubt I would repurchase because it's good but not amazing. I can purchase better concealers at a cheaper price, although you do get a lot of product for $41.

on 9/16/2018 7:51:00 AM

Fabulous concealer and long lasting but blend well into your skin with lightening fast speed. It dries quickly and takes years off your looks if you have dark shadows. This was recommended by an Ulta makeup artist for my under eye circles .It puts the cheaper drugstore products to shame ! The Ulta consultant assured me it would last me at least a year as a mere speck goes a long way. The submersible sponge applicator can be kept clean by dotting concealet from applicator sponge to a clean concealer brush and fyi..Sephora has a great one !

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Well, another less than stellar rating! I give this a neutral 3 only because the coverage seemed like it would be very good and texture seemed fine BUT there were no shades at all for my NW20 skin. None. I swatched every single lighter shade and not a single one would have worked under my eyes. The Ulta sales rep said I wasn’t the first she couldn’t match! Pity, I would have bought. Bring out some cool shades please! I’ve no idea how people with very cool skin tone are using this without it being terribly obviously makeup?

on 8/2/2018 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm really loving this! Most TF liquid products in the past were way too yellow for my N22/25 skin tone, but this new concealer in "Nude" is perfect! It's very creamy, pigmented, and the blend ability is perfection. I love using it under my eyes, down the sides of my nose on cheeks, then buffing MAC Next to Nothing Powder all over.. I get a flawless look.. Definitely recommend.