Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Filtered by age: 36-43
Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

on 2/2/2019 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I decided to purchase this after reading so many rave reviews about it and unfortunately I regret buying it. It was touted as being perhaps even better than Tarte shape Tape which is a staple of mine. This couldn't be further from the truth.

I bought a lighter shade specifically for use under my eyes and I find it creases right away upon application and after setting it with powder. As you can imagine, with the creasing it gives a weathered look to the eyes and just looks awful.

It is hydrating and full coverage, but that's no good if it creases like crazy. I almost wish it wasn't so generously sized so that I can use it up faster. As I bought a highlighting shade, I can't use it for blemishes or as a foundation unless I mix it with something darker.

I don't know how this works as a foundation or blemish concealer, but I wouldn't recommend it for use under the eyes if you have any fine lines. For my undereyes, I'll remain faithful to my holy grail full-coverage combo which is Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer with some Tarte Shape Tape mixed in. I get full coverage and absolutely no creasing with this combo even after a 15 hour work day. Moral of the story- if it aint broke, don't fix it. Lesson learned.

on 1/3/2019 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this product. On the one hand, it does an excellent job at covering dark circles under my eyes, yet at the same time has a very visible heavy concealer look once applied. I wear the shade 'Snow', and find that it is a bit too light, but was the closest match to my skin out of the large selection of shades - too many in my opinion. This also creases on me and I find it very hard to blend. Lastly, the sponge tip applicator wand is simply awkward and not ideal for using as an under-eye concealer.

on 11/2/2018 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Finally something that I would buy again.... I'm 39 with horribly dark circles, lines, bags, crow feet... the lot. I've been on my own personal mission to find a concealer that does its job right.
I've tried all the high Street best brands to the higher end products from rodial cream concealer, mac pro longwear to hudda beauty's overachiever concealer and none of them perform like this does.
I used the colour light beige for my mac nc30 skin tone and it did not oxidise like the hudda one did. It matched my skin tone quite well although it was slightly lighter which didn't bother me.
I only use this under my eyes and it covered my darkness, not completely with one sweep-I did have to layer it twice.
I don't set my concealer and it does crease.
It does fade slightly as the day goes on, but at the end of the day (which is usually 11 hours of working and running around) I can look in the mirror and not be embarrassed by my dark circles but it does have faded cracked conceal.
Overall I'm happy that I've found this after so many years of being disappointed and for the price and amount you get it's a bonus!!

Edit: so after wearing this for a while, I have changed my mind.... I don't know how to make it stay put without it aging my eyes.... The concealer if set with powder ages me terribly and if set with a spray disapeaers I'd rather have dak eye bags than have eye bags that stand out a mile....

Second edit: almond oil is my friend! I have found out how to make this work.... I use a dab of sweet almond oil before I put btw on and massage it in, let it settle into the skin for 5 mins whilst I do other 'face' stuff like eye brows, then i go in with a small dot of btw concealer and a dot of yellow collection 2000 corrector, I don't know why it work, but it's somehow kept it on the face without looking dry, or cracked or faded!! Just don't over do it with the oil or it will only last 3 hours max.

on 9/9/2018 5:45:00 PM

Best concealer I’ve ever used wavy btter than shape tape , mac plw , bars etc ! Longwearing but not drying

on 9/1/2018 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have it in 3 shades for concealing and contouring and it goes on beautifully. Coverage wise this is the only concealer I've ever used that completely covers the melasma on the top of my cheek bones from my last pregnancy. It even holds up reasonably well to the heat and humidity of the south. For under eye concealing this is the perfect creamy consistency not too watery not to thick. It does crease a little like every other concealer but it doesnt highlite every line you never knew you had and covers dark circles well. It doesn't separate in my oiler t-zone or dry out under the eye either. Typically I use this to conceal redness around my nose and chin, cover melasma and to brighten the under eye area. I use very little on top of a light coverage TM and my skin looks great. I've also used this with a heavier hand in 3 shades for a full coverage face with contour and it blended great and gave full natural coverage without feeling heavy. You dont need a ton of product because it blends out easily and is very pigmented. Love the oversized doe foot applicator and the generous amount of product for the price. There is a big shade selection especially for a concealer but I do find that all 2 faced concealers and foundation formulas are pretty yellow so test before you buy. The shade I expected to be in was way too
golden for me but the shade below worked fine. This does oxidize a bit so going a shade lighter worked out well and is something to keep in mind. I'll definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love it. I hate shape tape. I bought this in Swan and use it as foundation as well. It covers everything, doesn't sweat off and doesn't crease (I do set my under-eye area). Now, I've only been using this for about two weeks because prior to this I was using the Seam concealer which is a Korean brand. It has spf in it. I love that one too, but the tube is so small compared to this.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THIS CONCEALER. The coverage is insane (think Marc Jacobs remarcable concentrate), yet it can continue to be blended out for a more natural finish. I honestly haven't touched my foundation more than a few times since buying this concealer because I just don't need to, and it honestly has saved at least a couple minutes every morning.

For reference I'm about NC20, pale and yellow. I bought this concealer first in Almond, then in Snow. Almond is between NC20 and NC25 and I really like it for my face, but I needed something lighter for under my eyes so I also got Snow, which I would put between NC15-NC20. This formula covers better than Tarte Shape Tape (which I also have in Light Sand) with less product, so I'm left with a more skin-like finish that looks incredibly natural. I wear this over Urban Decay's Optical Illusion primer and the color lasts all day. If I don't touch up with tissues around lunch I do get shiny, but I don't find this to be problematic because I like how natural it still looks even if I don't blot. I need full coverage anyhow due to acne scarring/uneven tone and large pores and this concealer does everything I want and nothing I don't need (settling into pores, lines, etc). It does transfer a little bit but I haven't ever worn a foundation that doesn't. And honestly, I've worn plenty of foundations that still transferred and didn't even look natural or cover as well, so this one is still a winner. AND it's cruelty free!!