Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Filtered by age: 19-24
Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

3.5

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This concealer has definitely reached HG status, right up there with UD Naked Skin concealer, and the coverage is absolutely great. Unlike the foundation from the same line, it is hydrating without being greasy or oily. The packaging is also nice and it can also easily be used as foundation replacement. Even the price is somewhat justified, considering the amount that you get. As of late, this is the only concealer I`ve been using and I liked it so much that I even recommended it to my family members and friends. I wish this concealer was more popular cause it`s really a gem!
PROS :
- Great coverage
- Hydrating without greasiness
- Nice packaging
- Minimal creasing
CONS :
- Price ( for some )
- The applicator is bigger than most
- Can feel a bit heavy after the 8 hour mark

This is the most disappointing concealer I have ever used, and clearly I am in the minority. For reference, I am 21, avid sunscreen and skincare user. I have dry skin that I moisturize well. I have very (very!) faint fine lines under my eyes. I have the pros and cons listed.

PROS:
-Packaging, doe foot applicator
-Thin and very easy to blend
-fantastic product vs. price ratio
-AMAZING coverage, better than shape tape imo

CONS:
-Creases immediately, creases with setting powder used immediately on top (I use LM translucent), creases after waiting for it to dry fully before setting, creases both using a sponge and brush to blend, creases in any weather, creases with both small and large amounts used.
-makes my under eyes appear ridiculously older and saggy as if gravity is pulling my skin down with this crap on
-Ridiculously yellow and inconsistent shades. I have one of the yellowest, light olive skin tones I have seen and none of these shades matched me. I'm an NC20. I tried Vanilla first (too dark and orangey yellow), then Snow (too pale) and finally Almond (too yellow but depth wise okay)- which I am forcing myself to use up

I am shocked at HOW bad this concealer looks on my face. I have never had a concealer look this bad on me. I've tried many drugstore concealers, and with setting powder they all look great. My HG is the tarte shape tape-don't know why I strayed bc that stuff does NOT crease even without powder. I do not understand how this manages to crease with setting, i am dumbfounded. Clearly, this works for many people, and if you're able to find a shade and this somehow looks good on your undereyes go for it!

I bought this because of the raving reviews all over the interne but I must say I‘m disappointed.
First of all the shades I swstched were all super yellow or orange. I picked the shade Porcelain which was the best match for my NC20 skin but still more yellow than I would’ve liked. Almond might have been better but that’s online only where I live so I didn’t want to take the risk...

First I don’t like the packaging. Too bulky and the applicator is too big and picks up too much product. Now if you use the „typical YT-Guru amount“ you’ll probably find the applicator perfect. But I use what I would consider a normal amount, probably half what you see people on YT use - so still a fair amount for "outside people". But I still have to be careful to not apply too much which I rarely come across when it comes to concealers.

Now I could overlook all of the above if the concealer was amazing, but it really isn’t anything special. It’s hydrating for sure and initially it lookes good and smooth but as far as coverage and lasting power go it’s pretty mediocre. I‘d say it‘s medium coverage and lasts only for a couple of hours before creasing. I don’t know what it is but when I wear this concealer my mascara budges like crazy, so after only 4-5 hours I have black lines and dots underneath my eyes.

It’s not a horrible concealer but really not worth the hype imo. I wouldn’t repurchase it or recommend it to anyone. As a reference some concealers that I like are the Mac Pro Longwear in NC15/20 and the Nars pot concealer in Vanilla.
Those have higher coverage and last an entire day on me and I don’t get that weird mascara smudging underneath my eyes whith them.

I apply all my liquid concealer with a brush btw as this works best for me. Application of this concealer with a BB looks really nice, too but as I had more concerns with the staying power and not the initial look application didn't really make a difference for me. I do set my concealer with a good amount of powder but I don't bake.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Not sure what the hype is about with this concealer. I would say it's just okay. Every time I've used it it has looked textured and dry, and I do not have dry skin. I would recommend the Cover FX Power Play Concealer over this. It's not as full coverage, but can be built up, and even 3 layers of it would look more natural than this does. Plus, better shades!

on 10/15/2018 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A great dupe for Tarte Shape Tape! The only difference is that Shape Tape is slightly thicker, but this one works great cause it has the same coverage as Shape Tape but isn’t as cakey! This didn’t crease under my eyes at the end of the day as much as Shape Tape does.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Used it for the first time yesterday and my oh my, do I love it! I had it on for 12 hours and it didn’t budge, didn’t crease. It looked the same to when I first applied it in the morning. The coverage is good, a little goes a long way. I think I like this one than tarte shape tape.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

WOW! I was on the hunt for a new concealer for contouring and highlighting and this is IT!!

I think I chose a shade slightly too dark for my contouring... which is my own fault! Nevertheless I can easily blend together the two shades to make the darker shade a touch lighter and it's perfect.

It's super easy to blend, has a nice light scent and the applicator brush is perfect for me. It's slightly on the larger side but it's quite fluffy so super easy to apply and the handle is long enough to get into all those tighter places like under and around the eyes.

The overall coverage is extremely high and it's quite thick in consistency. I tend to start on the lighter side and build the product, which I can't seem to do to this level with any other concealer as it cakes/dries out or looks weirdly patchy and doesn't blend.

I use this over l'oreal infallible pro-glow foundation and it's perfect. I didn't find it at all drying and it didn't cake (especially under my eyes!). I set it with Laura Mercier translucent powder and Urban Decay all nighter setting spray.

This truly is the holy grail of concealers!!

I have dry sensitive skin and the concealer broke me out and gave me pimples. The concealer also sets into my dry areas around my nose

on 9/1/2018 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Seriously confused why this has all good reviews on here? although the concealer is promising, i was so excited to receive this the minute it launched! the shade range is TERRIBLE i has the shade golden beige which was waaaaay to golden, i tried the shade light beige which oxidizes, i tried vanilla which is straight yellow, i tried almond which is also a very pale YELLOW, it doesn’t look realistic and makes you look like you’re visibly wearing makeup because of the coloring, it’s so tacky it never dries down? it reminds me of bye bye under eye by it cosmetics, it’s so wet and even when i set it with powder it just always has that sitting on top of your skin, extra layer look.. i wanted to love this because the packing is amazing, the amount of product you get is amazing and the idea of the concealer is amazing i’m so sad i don’t like this.. maybe if they came out with a matte version and different colors that don’t turn orange or yellow. I am olive skin toned so i’m pretty tan and warm so the fact they even look yellow on me is concerning for somebody who actually has pale or pink toned skin, it just won’t work out at all.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am currently around NC35-40 with dry skin, wearing the shade Sand. It's a beautiful medium golden shade without any hue of orange.
Too Faced claims this concealer is "a hydrating, full-coverage, weightless, four-in-one formula that conceals, contours, highlights, and retouches" and for once, I agree wholeheartedly.
I wear this concealer on a day to day basis just underneath my eyes and a little on my cheeks. Because I don't wear any other base makeup, I really need my concealer to blend in nicely with a seamless colour match and this fits the bill perfectly.
This stuff is not drying at all, it does not crease into my under-eyes even after a very long day, it is gym proof (I wore it on one of my cardio days, so I can safely say it will survive heavy sweating and therefore crying as well) + it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything! It dries into a demi-matte finish by itself and is buildable, however if you do plan on building it up make sure that you wait a few minutes before applying layers so that it doesn't all cake together.. I speak from experience lol.
I have also taken this with me for retouches, it surprisingly looks really good despite being put on top of already powdered skin.
Overall, I'd say this concealer is definitely worth checking out. It's not everyday that I find a high coverage concealer that compliments dry skin instead of emphasizing it. :)