4.1

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Octyldodecyl Ricinoleate, Quaternium-91, Cetrimonium Chloride, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetyl Esters, Isododecane, Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate, Fragrance (Parfum), Panthenol, Phospholipids, Dimethicone PEG-7 Isostearate, Pseudozyma Epicola/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil Ferment Filtrate, Pseudozyma Epicola/Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil Ferment Extract Filtrate, Tocopheryl Linoleate/Oleate, Quaternium-95, Propanediol, Punica Granatum Extract, Morinda Citrifolia Fruit Extract, PEG-8, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Polysilicone-15, C11-15 Pareth-7, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, PEG-45M, PEG-7 Amodimethicone, Amodimethicone, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Laureth-9, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, PEG-4, Phenoxyethanol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Trideceth-12, Sodium Polyaspartate, Citral, Potassium Sorbate, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Silica, Acetic Acid, Etidronic Acid, Sodium Acetate, Chlorphenesin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-4 Dilaurate, PEG-4 Laurate, BHT, Sodium Dehydroacetate, PEG-8/SMDI Copolymer, Palmitoyl Myristyl Serinate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Ahnfeltiopsis Concinna Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Tocopherol, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Biotin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil.

on 1/5/2019 7:12:00 PM

I have fine, dry and wavy hair but a ton of it. My hair dries much bigger and poufier than normal after using Olaplex conditioner and/or shampoo. I was blaming the shampoo for this, but when I started using the conditioner with a different shampoo, I found that both Olaplex s&c have this effect on me (this does not happen with Olaplex 2, which I love).

I usually wash my hair before bed because sleeping on it takes some of the bulk out. Not so when I use Olaplex s&c. This stuff gives my hair so much (unwanted) frizz and volume and I wake up with huge hair. It forms almost a perfect circle from puffiness and frizz. I end up saturating it with giant globs of castor or almond oil to weigh it down.

Now the good part - when I use Olaplex shampoo and conditioner together (or just the conditioner), even though my hair dried into a puffball nightmare, it takes well to heat styling. It is silky and smooth in 1-2 passes of the iron, rather than leaving my hair a bit parched with broken bits sticking up. I MUST iron after using it, otherwise my hair is too big and frizzy to deal with.

Maybe this product does help with damage - but just like Olaplex 2 - the moisture issues might need to be addressed with a separate product for some hair types. To save time, I have been layering this with a deep conditioning mask. But going forward, would probably not repurchase and just stick to using Olaplex 2 occasionally.

I was going to give this fewer stars due to the puffball that it turns my hair into when left to dry naturally. But it is useful for when I intend to flat iron.

So for me - 3 stars, solely for the protection it seems to offer from heat styling.

on 1/1/2019 6:51:00 PM

After reading so many great reviews about Olaplex No 5 I decided to try it. My hair is thick and now prone to dryness from coloring, blow drying and styling tools. I've used this once and it did nothing for me. In fact my hair felt stiff and hard to comb through when wet. After styling my hair it actually looked brassy, dry and not soft at all. I Will never use this product again.

on 8/13/2018 6:17:00 PM

I love it! I've been experimenting with this conditioner by pairing it with the Olaplex #4 and also with other shampoos from different brands. And I still see excellent results every time. My hair is smoother, softer, and much less frizzy and tangly from using this. It makes a difference.

(But I find I get the very best results when I do the whole Olaplex 3-4-5 routine with the #3 treatment followed by the #4 and #5 s&c.)

This conditioner has a very thick and rich texture. It provides excellent slip and detangles very easily. Rinses out nicely as well.

For reference my hair is thick, wavy-textured, color-treated and I heat-style it regularly. It has a tendency to get dried-out, so I'm always looking for good conditioners. This one is a winner for me!

I will absolutely buy this again and again. A+++++++

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

If you're familiar with my reviews you'll know I've been using Olaplex since they first launched. It saved my hair. I've documented it quite well. My hair went from feeling like straw, breaking off in sections, and generally scary looking. This does not include my massive hairloss (nothing to do with coloring it). My hair today is thick, healthy, soft, and completely transformed thanks to Olaplex. I still bleach the hell out of it. The difference is night and day.

Now with all that being said, the #5 conditioner didn't blow me away. The #4 shampoo didn't overly impress me either. But TO BE FAIR there is only so little you can do with basics like shampoo and conditioners. Neither are meant to transform your hair. I still highly rec using #1, #2, and even #3. Why? Because they stay on your hair longer, giving the active more of a chance to work its magic. They are simply more intensive treatments. If you have really damaged hair, please take my advice.

The conditioner isn't bad by any means. It does leave my hair soft. I found it to be light, it didn't leave a film once rinsed. I find it to be more hydrating than using #2 or #3. So as far as conditioner goes, it gets the job done. I really hope Olaplex releases a masque version in the future.

I would recommend leaving this in your hair for at least 10 minutes. Give the active a chance to work on your hair before rinsing it down the drain.

on 7/17/2018 7:52:00 PM

I left a review of the shampoo which I don't like. I have used this conditioner with the No. 4 shampoo and the results are not great so I am blaming it on the shampoo as I have used this conditioner with my Davines Oi shampoo and the results are much better. I also use the Davines Oi leave in and with all three I get very smooth, soft hair. I have fine, thin, highlighted hair that is pretty fried at the ends and this makes them look smoother and less frizzy. It is expensive at $28.00 but it does not weigh my hair down at all (which is close to a miracle for my fine, limp locks) and that is almost worth the price. I don't think this permanently repairs my hair as the ends go back to looking frizzy and dry the next day but this conditioner does the temporary trick. I have also tried No. 3 which does pretty much nothing for me so for the home line of Olaplex, the conditioner is the only one I would repurchase.

on 7/15/2018 6:45:00 AM

It is rare that something wows me when it comes to hair products, because my hair is genetically pouffy, thin, and I also damaged it for years with coloring and heat. Even worse after my last set of fusion extensions, which ripped it off and left it lifeless and just blah.
I had Olaplex 1 and 2 used a few times at various salons, it was ok. I bought Olaplex 3 a couple times and that was completely useless for me, did nothing.
But I still had to try the conditioner, well I will eventually buy the shampoo too, but for starters I wanted to see what the conditioner is all about.

I am really impressed. I used it twice so far, and I can say that I have never, ever gotten such nice results from a conditioner before!
My hair actually has weight now! It doesn't feel as rough as it normally does after blow drying, and when I run my hand through it it feels healthier and thicker. Like, I can tell some repairing has taken place!

The product is very creamy and spreads easily, and the scent is very faint. They say to leave it on for 3 minutes, but I leave it a bit longer, depending on how much time I have available.

I do use my regular leave-ins afterwards, but I will maybe try using a tiny bit of this conditioner as a leave-in, see what happens.

Anyway, I am now extremely tempted to buy the matching shampoo as well. And I have a feeling these 2 will be the only hair washing products I will be using going forward, together with some toning shampoo.

The only con is the price, which is pretty steep given the size of the bottles, but hey, if it actually works.... it's worth it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Alrighty, I've only used this once, but so far I love it. I have super long, highlighted, fine, abundant hair. It's prone to dryness, breakage, and flyaways, as each strand is so fine and I have a *slight* wave (1a/2a). I'm an avid user of Olaplex 1+2, which has helped mitigate a lot of the damage I've incurred through heat-styling and color services, so I'm not sure how I JUST found out Olaplex had recently released a shampoo and conditioner.

Scent: Faint, realistic fresh (not sweet) pineapple/citrus scent. Barely there, but very pleasant.

Texture: Thick, creamy. Relatively squeezable from the bottle and very spreadable. A little goes a LONG way. My hair is almost to my waist, and a quarter-sized amount was more than enough--provided a lot of slip.

Result: Hair feels super "clean" but not stripped, moisturized, soft, and very "light"--volumized and not heavy. A lot of movement/silkiness. I also used a little bit as a leave-in.

Overall, this has to be one of the best shampoo and conditioners I've ever used. I'm trying to temper my excitement as it's only been one time, but so far I am absolutely loving this.

on 6/30/2018 5:09:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

User of Olaplex 1,2 and 3 sinceJuly of 2016. ordered the shampoo and conditioner as soon as it was announced. conditioner is creamer. A little spreads very quickly, rinses to leav hair detangled and smooth. My new holy grail of rinse out conditioners ( I did use the olaplex #4 Shampoo).