Olaplex #4 Shampoo

Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Potassium Cocoyl Glycinate, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Potassium Cocoate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycereth-26, Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate, Propanediol, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Extract, Origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract, Morinda Citrofolia Fruit Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Cocamidopropylamine Oxide, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Panthenol, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Acrylates Copolymer, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Pseudozyma Epicola/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil Ferment Filtrate, Pseudozyma Epicola/Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil Ferment Extract Filtrate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Amodimethicone, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-10, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Polyquaternium-11, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, C11-15 Pareth-7, Laureth-9, Glycerin, Trideceth-12, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silantriol, Acetic Acid, Citral, Benzoic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Pentasodium Triphosphate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-DI-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorophenesin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Quaternium-95, PEG-8, PEG-8/SMDI Copolymer, Palmitoyl Myristyl Serinate, Citric Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Biotin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil.

I love it! I've been experimenting with this shampoo by pairing it with the Olaplex #5 and also with other conditioners from different brands. And I still see excellent results every time. My hair is smoother, softer, and much less frizzy and tangly from using this. It makes a difference.

(But I find I get the very best results when I do the whole Olaplex 3-4-5 routine with the #3 treatment followed by the #4 and #5 s&c.)

This shampoo has a very thick and rich texture and it lathers up SO MUCH. Tons of lather! Rinses out easily, though. And it leaves my hair feeling cleansed but not stripped.

For reference my hair is thick, wavy-textured, color-treated and I heat-style it regularly. I love trying out new products and this one is a winner for me!

I will absolutely buy this again and again. A+++++++

I have amazing results with Olaplex 2 followed by deep conditioner, so I thought I'd try the s&c.

The shampoo smells lovely, but the smell does not linger in the hair. I first tried it on a day when I had come home from the beach. My hair was loaded with leave in conditioner, coconut oil, salt water and nasty red tide from the ocean. I ended up shampooing twice because I did not feel like the shampoo was cleaning all the stuff from my hair. My hair felt heavy and coated after shampoo. However, it soaked up the Olaplex 5 conditioner. I ended up keeping the conditioner in for hours. When I finally rinsed, my hair was super silky and shiny like it is whenever I do the Olaplex 2 treatment.

I tried the combo on another day but without leaving the conditioner in for so long (10 minutes). Hair once again came out great.

Then, I tried the shampoo with my regular hair mask. That was a bust. My hair tends to feel silky after washing and then dries out in the following days. After using Olaplex shampoo with a different conditioner, my hair felt less silky than normal after washing, and dried out more than normal over the following days. And it felt coated.

After using Olaplex s&c together, my hair initially dries too poufy for my liking, but it responds much better than normal to styling. My unruly pieces become silky smooth with one pass of the iron.

I love the conditioner (which is thick and more like a masque IMO), but the shampoo is nothing special. Certainly not worth $28 for me. I should note that I do have well water, so that could possibly be a factor in why I do not love this shampoo.

If I was tying to get the most bang for my dollar with Olaplex, my vote would be for #2, followed by #5. #2 is a must and gives the most dramatic result. #5 is nice to have because it is convenient - you don't really need to follow up with a mask, so great when you don't have a ton of time. But for $28 - I'll pass on this shampoo. 3 stars only because its effects seem to be masked when used with the coordinating conditioner, or to wash out Olaplex 2.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am a huge Olaplex fan. I was one of the first to review it when it first launched years ago. Olaplex literally saved my hair and I still use it religiously to this day. I will never betray the brand by using other "bond repair" products.

The shampoo however, was not a let down, yet more so it just didn't amaze me. I actually found it to be a little bit drying. Most shampoos tend to dry out my hair unless they are full of silicone, so this was no surprise. I want to point out that NO ONE should use this in lieu of #1, #2, or even #3. Shampoo is only on your hair for a few minutes, meaning that magical active ingredient that repairs your hair only has a few minutes to work its magic. You will need the more heavy duty products listed for a more intensive treatment. The shampoo can't fix everything alone.

Now with all that being said... I think people with colored hair would really like it because it's gentle with no sulfates. But I am blonde, with no worries of fading dye. I also think most people would find this to be a moisturizing formula (my hair just hates most shampoos). I am seeing SO many wonderful reviews on it. I think maybe I will apply a hot oil treatment before using this again to see if that counteracts any dryness from it. Olaplex is a really wonderful brand, I trust them.

This review is for both the S and C. My initial impression? Is this my hair? If it’s not then I’m not giving it back because it feels amazing! I didn’t recognize it the first few times I used these. It truly doesn’t feel like my hair.
My hair: 2a/2b , recently BKT treated, fine but very course, extremely frizzy in humid weather, and is pretty dry at the ends. It loves cones, and does well with protein. I also dye my hair every 6 weeks with Koleston Perfect 4n and 10v developer w/Olaplex 1. Heat styling is very minimal and consists of an occasional curling iron through my hair to define my waves or simply to make my growing-out bangs behave. Even before BKT, getting my haircut every 6-8 weeks still left me with dry,frazzled ends which resulted me always needing to get more cut off than I would have liked. Enter Olaplex S/C. Wow. Just wow. If my results stay like this I’m thinking I may be able to go longer between haircuts and not need as much cut off.
Now I didn’t even know this magic potion Olaplex 4 and 5 existed until I saw it on HB and knew I had to give it a try, especially because 1&2 have been staples of mine for some time. I’ve been using it for about a week and a half and here’s my main takeaways:
- Shampoo seems to be one that will be very long lasting. Because as many other have mentioned, the smallest amount is needed. It also lathers really well for a sulphate free formula.
- Conditioner is pretty thick, feels moisturizing when applied but doesn’t have a lot of slip at first. Simply combing it through seems to help a lot. You do tend to need a little more than the shampoo. I’ve let it sit on my hair for the recommended 3 minutes or so, longer (like 20). Of course longer seems to yield more intensified results. Someone mentioned on HB a couple days ago some useful ”hacks” from an Olaplex educator. I tried not rinsing it out all of the way and it helped a Iittle. Also tried applying the smallest amount to damp hair without rinsing. Could see that being beneficial for days when your hair feels a lil crunchy or someone who has extremely damaged hair.
- Heat seems to enhance the effects and make hair even smoother.

The results I have experienced include EXTREMELY soft hair, more shine,less frizz, better manageability and smoother ends. With almost no effort. I followed my usual routine of Solerma (It smells like old lady but is the best leave in ever!), a little Ouai leave in to mask that smell, then Ouai Air dry foam. When dry I do a small small amount of LP nourishing oil. The only con I can think of (besides the price sucking ,who wants to pay $28 for S/C right?) is that I still need small amounts of hairspray to keep my hair from being super fuzzy. But that’s not really a con because this isn’t technically an anti frizz product.
Overall, this truly is such a significant advance in technology, because the last time I felt my hair this soft was probably when I was like 10 and had virgin hair. I’ve tried nearly everything to combat the course texture and inevitable damage to my hair and nothing worked until Olaplex. And this shampoo and Conditioner’s cumulative effects have been like nothing I have ever experienced.Like I said before, it doesn’t feel like my hair. Its weird but happy weird. It’s healthy, not dry and has seemed to mend my split ends. If anything changes, I’ll be sure to update my review. As of now, LOVING this!

I will try to keep this short and simple. I have used the shampoo and conditioner (#4 & #5) for two weeks on my fine, thin, highlighted hair and this shampoo is not worth it. As far as I can tell, it does not repair my hair permanently with whatever bond technology it has. My ends are pretty fried and this smooths them a bit but they are back to frizzy the next day. I do like the conditioner (#5) when used with another shampoo so I would buy that again but not this at $28.00 US a bottle.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Alrighty, I've only used this once, but so far I love it. I have super long, highlighted, fine, abundant hair. It's prone to dryness, breakage, and flyaways, as each strand is so fine and I have a *slight* wave (1a/2a). I'm an avid user of Olaplex 1+2, which has helped mitigate a lot of the damage I've incurred through heat-styling and color services, so I'm not sure how I JUST found out Olaplex had recently released a shampoo and conditioner.

Scent: Faint, realistic fresh (not sweet) pineapple/citrus scent. Barely there, but very pleasant.

Texture: Thick, viscous. A little goes a LONG way. My hair is almost to my waist, and a quarter-sized amount was more than enough. SO MUCH LATHER!

Result: Hair feels super "clean" but not stripped, moisturized, soft, and very "light"--volumized and not heavy. A lot of movement/silkiness.

Overall, this has to be one of the best shampoo and conditioners I've ever used. I'm trying to temper my excitement as it's only been one time, but so far I am absolutely loving this.

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

User of in salon Olaplex # 1 an 2, home user of Olaplex #3 since July 0f 2015. This is my holy grail of shampoos..feels like you are giving your scalp and hair a spa treatment - start with a small amount as this creamy shampoo expands with water. Rinses clean and leaves scalp and hair clean but not stripped.