Lancôme L'Absolu Laquer-274 Beige Sensation

No Image

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this color for fall/winter! I am usually not a lip gloss girl but this one won me over! Lasted a good 5-6 hours on my lips 👄 which for is awesome! Since I don’t have time to do touch ups at work! Got a few other colors for the summertime! I will definitely repurchase this product.. it’s pricey but worth it!

on 6/25/2018 5:46:00 PM

What, am I the only one who's tried this? Oh, well. Sick to death of crusty, pruny, yucky matte lipsticks, I've gone back to lip gloss (and balms and regular lipstick), I was looking for a lip gloss that would not be too thick and gloppy. I decided to try this one.

This is the new Lancome lip gloss. According to their blurb, this is a : " ... brilliant lip lacquer that combines the comfort and shine of a gloss, the pigment of a lipstick, and the lasting power of a stain. The high-shine finish and vivid color payoff are buildable from sheer to full coverage in as little as three coats. Lancôme’s innovative oil-in-water emulsion is lightweight and non-sticky, providing up to six hours of wear. Enriched with glycerin, this formula keeps lips feeling hydrated throughout the day."

Well, butter my buns and call me a biscuit. The product actually lives up to the claims. No, really. It does (at least, it did for me). I applied it at Ulta at about 3pm. By the time I got home (a lot later), and after having eaten and drank, I was surprised to see that some color was still on, and that my lips looked soft and satiny. And they felt comfortable, too. It is glossy, but not gloppy, if you know what I mean. You can put one layer, or build it up to full color. I got the shade 274, Beige Sensation, a pinky brown. A bit dark for summer, but I can make it work (one layer).

I would definitely recommend this gloss.