Tarte Cosmetics Mermaid Skin Hyaluronic H20 Serum

No Image

3.0

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Tarte mermaid skin serum is a basic serum. You can choose to use this in your regular skin day/night routine, or just use it as a technique to refresh your dry skin for the day. The consistency is watery but you only need a little bit to cover your entire face. I love the packaging. Comes in a slender bottle with a pump. The colors on the bottle is so beautiful and honestly is what drew me in to purchasing this product in the first place. I have normal to dry skin and I use this in my skin night routine but mostly I use it on no makeup days just to add some moisture to my face. It is very expensive so I'm not sure I would purchase this because its sooo good. But if I saw this on sale I would definitely buy again. Other than that it may be a basic serum, but if you're into cute packaging then I say give this a try.

on 6/25/2018 10:26:00 AM

The TARTE Mermaid Skin Hyaluronic H2O Serum is about as basic for a serum as it gets. Other than the hyaluronic acid, vitamin b5, and algae this doesn't contain anything else for your skin. It is nice to use some basic products that you can use to make your own skincare routine with (like The Ordinary does). If you purchase the Tarte Mermaid Skin Hyaluronic H20 Serum it is good to use with other products because this isn't moisturizing enough on its own, unless you have very oily skin. The other thing I notice when I use this is that it left my skin feeling tight and feeling like there was a film over my skin. I applied my other skin care products after which helped alleviate this issue. I do like that this is fragrance free, but in my opinion for the price, it is really expensive for such a basic product. If you like the light texture and that it is fragrance free I would recommend checking out the Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Super Charged Concentrate or the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum. Both of these feature a light texture, lots of antioxidants, and are fragrance free. My video review can be seen here: