4.2

price range

Reviews

3.0

9 years ago

As I have normal-dry/dehydrated skin, this product is not for me. However, despite having said this, I've tried this product and I love the matte finish it gives. It spreads very thinly and covers very very thinly as well. As I don't need heavy coverage, the consistency is actually perfect for me. However, due to my skin type, my skin pulls and tightens after about 4 hours. If not because of this, this could definitely be a keeper. So not for dry skins. I got 2x 30ml bottles in a GWP and it's a great pity I can't use this.

About reviewer (151 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

2.0

10 years ago

This product is not user friendly, the squeezy pump thing doesn't work and every single time i get too much product, also there's no right way to apply it.. i tried with my fingers, cosmetic sponges, foundation brushes and nothing works. product fades away too quickly like evaporates or something, once you try to blend it, it's none-existant. since it's colorless, you don't even know where it went. i didn't see a dramatic difference on my face, in my opinion it's not worth the money. i got 2 bottles 2 years ago and i haven't even finished one yet.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

amazing unique product that beautifies the face in a very natural way evening and illuminating the skin, can be used as a tinted moisturiser as well, WONDERFUL ON DARK CIRCLES!!! the only complaint is the pump quite hard to push.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal

HairBlond

EyesGreen

11 years ago

A very great product that acts 3 ways, Moisturizer, Sunscreen and Primer. It moisturizes dry areas and protects skin with an SPF17. It primes the skin well, but it kinda accentuate redness (blemishes) but it will make concealers or foundations glide easily and making it more skin like. My only comment is that IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE! for the quality you get. SHU UEMURA IS A VERY HIGH QUALITY BRAND BUT FOR THE PRICE,THE BEAUTY OF PACKAGING AND IMPACT OF USING THE BRAND, IT IS EXPENSIVE. Girls, sometimes we buy expensive brands so we can also gain praises on using it. (e.g. chanel and dior)

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBlack

11 years ago

Love this. I purchased the bottle since my face can't tolerate high SPF products. (I don't think it's healthy to wear high SPF anyway.) I wanted something to protect my skin a little, since I wear wide-brimmed hats in the summer whenever I can. This feels like a light moisturizer on my skin. I wear it with nothing underneath, but shall see if I need additional moisture in the winter. Shu's UV Underbase evens out skin tone very, very slightly, but I can't say it does anything for the pores. Does not cause acne, whiteheads, or irritation. I'm the type who does not wear primer, foundation or powder, so this is perfect for me.

About reviewer (436 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

11 years ago

I originally bought this product due to all the rave reviews in the numerous Asian magazines that I've read. After trying it out, I have to say it is a wonderful product, but it's just not for me. The good thing about this tinted moisturizer is that it is great at retaining moisture in your skin (like a moisturizer should). This product works wonders for my flaky patches where a pimple used to be; not only does it make the patch less noticeable color-wise, it also keeps it fairly well moisturized thus making the flakiness less noticeable. The problem, though, lies with my oily T-zone which just does not sit well with this product because it is so moisturizing. My face tends to turn into a oil slick before half the day is even over, especially during the summer. So overall, it is really not worth it for me to dish out so much money to buy this product, which I can only use in the dead of winter or just topically on my dry patches (when I get them). However, for the same reason, I would not hesitate to recommend this product to people with dry skin.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

12 years ago

This product does nothing to even out my skin tone, I use it to "thin" out think foundation formulas such as px virtual skin (which is hard to apply on it's own). It's also good to mix with normal foundations to create a foundation tint for those who prefer tinted moustrisers or only need a very light coverage. This means that UV underbase can be used to create a lighter coverage foundaton out of any type of foundation without loosing colour because it is tinted (If foundation is mixed with moustriser, colour is lost and not all foundations mix well with moustriser). I don't think UV underbase can be used alone to even out skin tone because the tint is very very light (almost invisible) but I like it for the SPF and how it combines so well with any type of founation. I personally prefer to use this product mixed with founation rather than wearing it under founation because it does not really do anything as a makeup base (other than SPF properties of course) because it does not feel like a primer/base.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

13 years ago

Great stuff! Light and airy feels like nothing on the skin. Slightly even out skin tone, don't expect any coverage it's not for that purpose. Will buy again especially it has SPF =) I have SPF 17 PA++ it's good enough for daily use.

About reviewer (119 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

EyesBlack

13 years ago

I'm on my 2nd bottle of this stuff. My first bottle had an SPF 17 but I think they reformulated recently and now my bottle says SPF 10. I love using this in place of foundation, it works as both a sunscreen and tinted moisturizer for me. Does not leave me greasy and my skin feels very comfortable with this on. I get so many compliments when I wear *only* UV Underbase with some finishing powder, on my good skin days of course. Its very slightly tinted and not too heavy. Stays on too so I don't have to retouch during the day. I truly love this stuff, although it was sold to me as a "base" I've been wearing this mostly as a tinted moisturizer. The mousse style texture takes a while to get used to but a teensy amount like smaller than a US quarter size is enough to cover my face and jaw. It comes in one color but when blended properly it's not a problem on my Chanel Beige, Stila 30 watts, GA LSF 5.5 skintone. I hope Shu never discontinues this product and I will continue to rebuy!

About reviewer (426 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

13 years ago

I highly recommend this. It makes your skin soft, moisturized and dewy. I loved using it by itself because it made my skin look great, with a light dusting of powder. I don't think the container lasts that long, for the hefty price tag, you won't get that many uses out of this. But other than that, it's a great product! <p> One con is that it can get a bit messy getting the product out when the container is almost empty.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

Age25-29