Boscia Cactus Water Moisturizer

Boscia Cactus Water Moisturizer

3.0

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Carbomer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sodium PCA, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Potassium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Saccharide Isomerate, Propanediol, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Coccinia Indica Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Solanum Melongena (Eggplant) Fruit Extract, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Flower/Leaf Extract, Myrothamnus Flabellifolia Leaf/Stem Extract, Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Citric Acid, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I received a sample of this in my Sephora box and have to say... I would never buy this. This moisturizer is a light gel-cream without much scent at all. It goes on feeling cool and slimy, and in a few minutes, it dries, leaving a sticky and filmy finish. My skin feels tight and occluded, and still dry. This, to me, hardly qualifies as a moisturizer so I don’t know what its function is. Pass!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Two wishes to make this product a keeper: a pump dispenser so I don't have to buy an airless jar to decant the product into, and a matte finish. I can't fault Boscia too much for the second one because most gel moisturizers on the market right now leave a glossy finish (I guess it's "dewy"?). What an odd trend. I mean the moisture level is right but oily skinned folks don't want to look shiny.

OK I have a third wish - the consistency can cause minor pilling or streaks in products I might put on afterwards (specifically a shine-stopping lotion, or where my eye cream overlaps). If you've ever cracked open an aloe leaf it's sticky, so I suspect the same "cactus water" that is boosting the formula is causing this secondary issue. It's not a sticky moisturizer in isolation per-say, it just doesn't universally play well with others.

These are all small things taken alone, but combined it's enough to prevent a repurchase in spite of the otherwise good things about it (covered well in the No BS Beauty review).

on 6/24/2018 11:52:00 AM

Boscia recently released it's new Cactus Water Moisturizer and I was able to get several mini-sizes to try out. First of all, the texture of the Cactus Water Moisturizer is so amazing and very much a gel or jelly texture. It smooths over face easily and absorbs quickly. The formula that they have used for this moisturizer is also high in quality, they have included antioxidants, emollients, moisturizers, and a couple peptides. I also love that this is fragrance free and really has no scent. The disappointment is that Boscia chose to package this in a jar which exposed all these impressive ingredients to expose to light and air which causes these good ingredients to degrade from the first time you use it. For as much as this costs they could afford to use much more effective packaging.
My review can be seen here: