CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly

CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly

3.2

Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Bis-Peg-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hypnea Musciformis (Algae) Extract, Gelidiella Acerosa Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract\Extrait D'Orge, Padina Pavonica Thallus Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Sucrose, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Hydrolyzed Rice Extract, Sorbitol, Sodium Polyaspartate, Ppg-6-Decyltetradeceth-30, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Caprylyl Glycol, Trehalose, Polysorbate 80, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Hexylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 11/16/2018 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This was a new face to clinique's long standing lineup of dramatically different moisturizers. This very hydrating jelly was cool and comfortable feeling to wear. It did not seem to offer long-lasting moisture, but definitely enough to help prevent tightness after washing/cleansing or to help ensure foundation went on smoothly. It does stay a little tacky, but not really enough to seem sticky. It feels refreshing much like moisture surge did, however not to as high of a degree (although it did seem to not hold as much of a silicone-y feeling to it, so that was nicer). It was more comfortable than the yellow DDMGel, and it did not have that awful chemical smell that the gel has.

At the price point of the dramatically different line, I was very excited to have a cheaper replacement to moisture surge. Sadly, I eventually realized that something about this product was causing me to breakout so I had to quit using it. It is worth a shot if you haven't tried it; you can get a mini size from about every vendor that offers this product.

on 11/12/2018 1:00:00 PM

I hated this product and the dramatically different line. I thought this would hydrate my skin but it did the opposite, it dried me out! I like to hydrate the neck to keep it moisturized but instead my neck was dry and red and kept flaking, and well as my face. This also broke me out horribly! There must be something in this line that my skin reacts to cause I do not like it.

on 11/4/2018 9:52:00 PM

Have been using this product for the last few days. Excellent under make-up. Makes skin smooth and hydrated. I think it has also improved the overall appearance of my skin. My face has been going through a tough time for the last few months. Lots of acne and sensitivity. Will definitely repurchase.

I have not bought a Clinique product in many years but this has really peaked my interest in the brand again.

on 10/16/2018 7:18:00 AM

I am not very impressed with this product. It feels nice on the skin but it doesn't provide much hydration. I have combination skin and I need to apply two layers to have a satisfactory hydratation. I prefer the dramatically different gel to be honest.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Tried a sample of this and was quite surprised! After a not-so-good experience with both DDML and DDMG I was reluctant to give the latest 'Dramatic Moisturizer' variation a spin. However it sinks in fast and leaves zero trace of stickiness behind on my skin. If anything it actually feels refreshing and instantly hydrating. For my specific skin type (oily to combination/normal) it is just the right amount of moisture and I am only using a small amount each time I apply. My t-zone does start to get oily by late afternoon time but this happens with pretty much anything I use and nothing a few sheets of blotting paper can't sort out. Ingredients are for the most part pretty good, the most remarkable being 'Sunflower Seed Cake - one of La Mer's 'Miracle Broth' ingredients.

SPF and make up both glide on fine over this, no piling or anything, but I think the best thing about this for me, living in a fairly polluted city, is the anti-pollution complex. It's reassuring to know that with the combination of SPF and this I am doing some small part in preventing premature skin ageing simply by applying this.

Might just have to stop by at Sephora this weekend and treat myself to the 1.7 oz tube (not as good value as 4.2 oz size but much easier to cut in half and scoop out any product at bottom - near impossible to do with tough plastic packaging of large size where loads of product sits at the bottom sides that pump cannot reach)

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 9/10/2018 6:50:00 PM

This is a light moisturizer suitable for those with oily skin. The slight tackiness after application dissipates after a while depending on the environment you're in.

The jelly feels good on it skin and didn't produce a lot of shine.

There's not a lot of anti-aging ingredients here and the clear bottle means you have to store it out of sunlight or strong light to keep the actives from degrading.

Not the cheapest but it's one of the better Clinique moisturizer for oily skin.

on 9/5/2018 10:45:00 AM

I have been using this everyday for a month now for my morning routine (i have dry/combo skin that tends to flake at the side of my lips)

- after a shower i will use cosrx hyaluronic pads to wipe my face

- top off with clinique dramatically hydrating jelly

- start putting on my base makeup (either straight to foundation or add on a YSL primer if i am in the mood)

It works on most days but on drier days i do see some peeling at the side of my lips

Really enjoy using it and wouldn't mind repurchasing

on 8/31/2018 10:47:00 PM

LOVE!!! My skin is combo-oily and this moisturizer has made me VERY happy. It's especially perfect for summer. It's so lightweight and non-greasy. The water-gel formula is fantastic. It leaves my skin feeling a little sticky at first (so 4 lippies instead of 5), but once the sticky feeling disappears my skin is soft and moisturized. This is a high-quality product and I'm so glad I tried it. I will absolutely buy this again. Highly Recommended!!

on 8/30/2018 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I think it is best for oily skins, as for my normal to dry skin, This felt like no hydration at all..my skin didn't like it, even in summer, I need something more emollient,,This product is a bit gimmicky I think...very few will find it really uselful !? It is like putting on a light moisturizer that evaporates in 10 mn...didn't work for me

Not in love with this. It’s very lightweight and even with a serum it doesn’t feel like quite enough moisturizing for my normal skin. No fragrance & relatively cheap - so if you don’t need much maybe this would work. Clinique moisture blur is better