Skinerals Organic Californium Sunless Bronzer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

1 review

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product is high up on my top favorite self tanners list.

Some basics as an fyi: I always apply at night an hour or so before bed. I shower and exfoliate first if I am applying on my natural fair skin, but no exfoliating if adding another layer to already "tanned" skin (unless i need to bring down darker areas, like aroubd my ankles or elbows). I wait 24 hours after shaving to do my legs. I use a mitt over disposable latex gloves. I use a separate tanner for my face than body. I add body lotion to elbows, ankles, heels before and after application. I start with my legs and work up in sections. I try to add extra to my shoulders and chest because thats where i would naturally get more sun.

Ok: onto Skinerals Californium!

It is a mousse, with a pump bottle. It comes out greenish, but doesn't have a real color guard. Since my skin is quite fair I can pretty much see where I've applied it because it leaves a slightly greenish cast. It doesn't dry very fast, compared to other self tanners, and stays a little bit sticky in hot weather (90 F & up) That's the only downside i experience.

It smells like maple syrup on application and the next 4-5 hours. There is a bit of self tanner/dha smell when I wake up in the morning, but not too strong. I prefer the maple syrup smell to the coconut/tropical in other tanners.

The color is natural. My skin feels soft and smooth, and not dried out (some dry out my skin).

Price is $25 on Amazon. One bottle lasts for a few full body tans, maybe 5 to 7?

To sum up: great color, easy application with mitt, no streaks, smells okay, lasts a few days, price okay.

Also, has great ratings on Amazon.