ColourPop Super Shock - Issa

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking at several of the Super Shock eyeshadows with a darker (on the Colourpop site, where pictures are quite crappy) base color, and bought a couple to test out, one of which was Issa. For those unfamiliar with the Super Shock, they are cream shadows, so they are best applied with fingers. The texture is like something between a powder and a cream - very smooth, non-sticky, non-oily, easy-to-blend texture. If you've ever tried the L'Oreal Infallible crea shadows - kinda like that, but a more creamy and less stiff texture. This shade in an *Ultra metallic* shade, which can actually be blended with a brush, but I find fingers work quite well too.

In the pan, this is a looks like a warm purple color with veeery fine multicolor shimmer, most of which is blue. It is an interesting color in the right light conditions! On the skin, the base is deep, warm purple (at least one me, NC20, warm skin tone) that blends out into a warm purple, and there is a sky blue shimmer. The very fine multishimmer makes this shadow look almost oily (in a good way!). In artificial lighting this is just a warm, pretty purple.

The Ultra metallic shades have very fine shimmers, which didn't give any fallout on me whatsoever. The eyeshadow was easy to blend and I didn't have any issues applying it over the powder eyeshadow I had underneath. Actually, this applied well over all kinds of textures I tested it over: bare skin, powder eyeshadow, glitter eyeshadow. Stayed all day without any fading and did not require a primer - I love that. Would definitely recommend it if it looks like something you'd like. I myself really want more of the Ultra metallic shades.

In the picture above, I'm wearing some Soba from MAC in the crease - a golden brown color with very small golden shimmer, and then just Issa over my whole lid and below lower lash line. I think it resulted in a very pretty sunset look, using only 2 eyeshadows.

A small comment about the packaging. I'm not a big fan of it. I like the look of it, but it's a bit bulky, and sometimes, the shadows can fall out - not good. You can often just push them back into the packaging, but I mean: it shouldn't happen! Often, the cream spins around in the box... not good. I don't know how easy it is to crack any of these, or how fast they will dry out. Will probably report back if I have any news on either. Right now though, this is the best cream texture eyshadow I've ever tried though

Last thing: I also bought the color Bae, which is another Super Shock eyesadow, but with an Ultra-Glitter finish. In the packaging, these two colors look exactly the same but there is a small difference in color and type of shimmer in them. Do you need both? I don't know, but I feel more drawn to Issa, personally.

Top Rated Eye Shadow