Makeup Revolution Fast Base Stick Foundation

Makeup Revolution  Fast Base Stick Foundation

4.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Synthetic Wax, Cera Microcristallina, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylparaben, BHT ( /-) CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77492

on 8/15/2018 6:54:00 PM

I used to really dislike this foundation, as I used it with a beauty sponge the first time I tried it and applied it by drawing stripes on my face and dragging the beauty sponge around to blend it out, which made it patchy and irritated dry patches of my skin. However, when I did a makeup declutter earlier this year, I tried it again with a flat blending brush and was really impressed! This is now my go-to foundation.

For the price, the quality of this foundation is crazy. There are 18 shades, which for a drugstore foundation is really good, and they all have a matching concealer. It's creamy, it blends wonderfully with a brush (this is the only foundation I've ever preferred with a brush, everything else I prefer with a beauty sponge) and it's got really great coverage that doesn't look cakey. I've also found this foundation hides my pores, which I've never really had with any other foundation.

For £5, I wasn't expecting much, but this is a really amazing foundation. Definitely give it a go if you're considering it - all I dislike about it is that my skin looks very oily after 3-4 hours and I need to powder it down again, but I'm fine with that. You get a decent amount of product - mine has lasted me about 4 months and I've still got plenty left, even though I wear it most days. This foundation looks best with the matching fast base concealer in my opinion - I always have issues with how foundation sits on my nose, but this coupled with the matching concealer looks very nice and I'm yet to find any foundation - drugstore or high end - that can match this.

I don’t particularly like this product. I mean, I don’t usually have issues with what I put on my face, my face is normal with slighly oilier t-zone. Not full on oily, just that’s normally the only bit on my face i set with powder - once. Usually... not with this, nope.
Packaging - nice, colour range - impressive, application- convenient, blendability - good with a beauty sponge.
Initially it does look good, I liked the fact that it had a bit of a glow to it. Unfortunately it doesn’t wear well, after a couple of hours it starts getting oily, very oily, separates, gets into pores (i mean this was shocking to me, I never have problems with this).
I tried to like it but I just don’t - i was wearing it on holiday in the evening when I knew I would have make up on for max 2 hrs. That kinda worked then and that oiliness helped with skin being drier than usual (sun and sea). Other that that - it doesn’t last all day, definitely not looking good (and normally that’s the case on me, no touch ups needed...), I remember applying it in the morning before work and driving home on lunch to remove it of my face as I just couldn’t stand the way it looked. Also the colour - orange. I understand yellow undertones but this is orange.

on 8/13/2018 11:30:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Pros:
- Creamy, buildable formula
- Medium to full coverage
- Sleek, lightweight packaging
- Amazing price (€6, US$9, £5)
- 18 shades with a variety of undertones (shades are listed with undertones on the website linked below) I'm shade F1
- https://www.revolutionbeauty.com/en/Revolution-Fast-Base-Stick-Foundation---F1/m-6049.aspx
- Extremely quick application
- Easy to blend with both a brush and a beauty blender
- Small travel friendly pakaging
- Dewy / demi matte finish
- Didn't extenuate pores

Cons:
- Settles into some fine lines (smile lines0
- Gets oily after about 2 hours
- Melts in tube which can get messy

Overall:
I really like this foundation, nearly more than my Huda Beauty Faux Filter foundation! Some of my "cons" may not occur for you, eg. I have very deep smile lines so I always find that foundation settles into them. One of the main things that I like about this foundation is that it is the only foundation I own that does not make my nose look super oily and flaky. For the price, I think that this foundation is a must try :D

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

For reference; my favourite foundation is Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea, for which I wear Fair Neutral. I also wear Porcelain in Wet n Wild Photo Focus and Classic Ivory in L'Oréal Infallible Pro Glow. For Fast Base foundation I use F2 (C2 in the brand's concealers are dead-on shade matches).

Fast Base is wonderful for this time of year; My skin is dry and sensitive and the weather makes it worse, so I need something that won't feel heavy, or show up the dry patches and make my skin flake. This feels so light and silky on my skin and blending is easy (a damp beauty sponge is my preferred application method). Once blended, the results are a smooth satin finish, with build-able sheer to medium coverage. The feel and finished look is similar to a good BB/CC Cream. FYI; I don't think that this foundation will work for people with combination or oily skin, since it works so well on my dry skin.

I've found this to be transfer resistant once set, and I've worn with a primer, without one, with powder and alone; It is long lasting and gives a natural, un-cakey look any way I wear it, but I do recommend using a good setting spray for a really long wear time, as I prefer the natural look that a setting spray gives this foundation the most (I'm currently using Revolution's Ultra Hold one). I'm really liking this foundation and can't find any real negative points with it; the smell is a small niggle, but it fades before I can pinpoint it, so it's nowhere near as strong as reviewers & vloggers lead me to believe it would be.

Fast Base is not going to replace my favourite foundation as I find that a bit more moisturising, but Pro Glow and Photo Focus have both been replaced by it. When I'm cracking down on how much I spend and can't justify re-purchasing my pricier favourite foundation, I'll very happily buy this £5 stick again.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I been seeing makeup revolution range all over Instagram and on the blogs, and have been waiting to try out one of their new products! When they launched their fast base foundation sticks last week, I was dying to try these out! Available in 18 different shades, the fast base foundation sticks are the new and fastest way to apply foundation. The foundation melts into the skin covering up imperfections and giving an even and contoured complexion. I saw the YouTube tutorial of Tammi makeup, using the fast base foundation stick and since she is a similar tone to myself, I went for the shades F12 and F13. F12 is for medium to dark tones, with a neutral undertone. Whilst, F13 is for dark skin tones with a warm undertone. When applying F12, initially I was disappointed as due to the shade having a neutral undertone, the foundation sat quite pale on my face. I ended up adding the shade F13 over the lighter patches on my face and worked this in with a foundation contour brush. Mixing both F12 and F13 shades on my face gave me the perfect complexion that I was looking for. I am pleasantly surprised at the quality of the Face base foundation sticks. After using the stick I had high coverage and my face was left looking fresh, dewy and bright. However, due to the fact that I am in between colours, I would continue using this product more of a contouring tool, rather than for foundation use. I kept the product on for the rest of the night and can testify that this product does have longevity and I cannot believe that this product only costs £5! £5! Available at Superdrug and Tam beauty!

on 7/29/2018 4:58:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Absolutely amazing product! Will be buying this instead of my usual £30 liquid foundation from now on. It glides on smoothly, blends like a dream and has enough coverage that i don't need a concealer, even with my acne. I usually use this with a primer and powder, and it gives my face a really soft dewy look. Not too matte but never too shiny, which doesn't seem to change after wearing for several hours even though i'm super oily. I'm porcelain pale, and struggle to find brands that are light enough for my skin, but the palest shade of this foundation (F1) works great for me and my other pale friends.

My only gripe is that it does come off kind of easily, a scratch with my nail will leave a little line where there's no foundation whatsoever (more noticeably than other foundations i've tried), but since it's a stick and easy to carry around it's not hard to touch-up. I recommend using a good setting spray if you intend to wear this for a long time, it seems to work for me

I've been using this for about 3 weeks now and i've noticed no acne outbreaks as a result, which is a huge relief. The biggest selling point for me and the main reason this is now my regular foundation is the price. I got this from a drugstore for £5, thinking it would be low quality, but upon trying it a few times i went back and stocked up, buying 2 more and even a darker one that i use for contour. In conclusion: highly recommend ^_^

on 7/26/2018 1:10:00 PM

Wow! This stuff is heaven sent! It is full coverage, doesn’t crease or feel like you are wearing a mask. I am in shock of how lightweight it feels, yet the coverage it provides is incredible. Definitely a dupe. Inexpensive and always provides me with a flawless base. I do have to power my nose though, but with this foundation my skin looks like my skin but better! Great buy. Most definitely recommend it. Will be repurchasing.

on 6/30/2018 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had never used a stick foundation and decide to try it. This foundation set really well and gives a flawless finish. And really cheap ,got mine at ULTA

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Dry skinned girl here. This fdtn is emollient, blends and sets well. I wore it for almost 15 hours yesterday with zero touch ups as a test. Still looked darn near fresh! Normally I would be a cakey mess by then. Worn over TF Hangover Primer, this is amazing. Bought shade F11 for summer as I fake bake, but will definitely be buying lighter for winter. $9 at Ulta, and since they have coupons so often it can’t be beat.

on 6/23/2018 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this stick foundation. It gives good coverage and applies really well. I have dry/normal skin and gives me a lovely finish. It lasts really well without looking cakey! I finish with powder and it looks like velvet! Definitely a good buy if your can’t afford Hourglass’s stick foundation.