Marc Jacobs Enamored Hydrating Lip Gloss Stick

Diisostearyl Malate, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate/Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyethylene, Mica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Simethicone, Tocopherol, Caryodendron Orinocense Seed Oil, Tin Oxide, BHT, Limonene, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

I like the look/feel of this gloss stick. But...it has very poor staying power for me. Within 20 minutes the color was mostly gone from my lips. I don't mind reapplying now and then but this one just required too much maintenance.

I really love these! I have picked up 2 in the last month or so, and will definitely be grabbing a few more flattering pinky mauve, plummy shades. The packaging is a little bulky, but I still give the overall product 4+ stars.. They are hydrating, but still have a pretty good overall wear time before needing to be reapplied. Definitely recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product is similar to Chantecaille Lip Chics - it looks and applies like a lipstick but has the sheen, texture and zero staying power of a gloss.
The pros:
- The shade I have is GORGEOUS - One Mauve Time is a cool mauved MLBB with teeny tiny gold micro glitter that provides enough glow and dimension to keep this from being too purple/flat/corpse-like.
- The gloss aspect offers both moisture and a perfect glow - not thick/gloppy/sticky like a liquid gloss.
- For a gloss, these are really well pigmented.

Cons:
- This product is not cheap - US $28.
- Staying power, as mentioned above, is minimal. On me this is gone after an hour, even without eating/drinking/smooching.
- Packaging: Outer gloss case is cheap plastic and overly bulky (I guess to make it seem like there's product inside), click mechanism is not necessary and breaks easily.
- Shade selection is limited.

All in all, I am so in love with the shade and texture that I would buy this again. But I wouldn't be happy about the price and the poor durability so I am now on a hunt for a cheaper dupe....

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After the recent debacle of MJ's Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon, you think I'd have been hesitant to buy another lip product from Marc. Then I saw these and my reluctance vanished. I do not like or wear lip gloss (too high-maintenance), but I love the look, especially for summer. And in these sticks is all the goodness of gloss without the mess. I bought One Mauve Time and Candy Bling, the latter of which I thought a bit out of my comfort zone--it looked quite bright, which is not my thing. I was pleasantly surprised. This product comes in faux-lipgloss packaging--the tube is in the end that would be the top. It's clever and easy to see the color you're choosing, but it's another chunky space-waster. The product, though, made me ignore that. The stick clicks up and is not retractable, which I'm sure some won't like (bot it will keep the stick from breaking off like similar products do). However, it clicks up the tiniest amount--you'll think it's couldn't possibly be enough for even one application, but it's good for two or three, depending on how much you apply. Candy Bling is a beautiful, sheer, lightly shiny, cool raspberry shade on my lips. There is a light smell of peppermint, but I didn't find it bothersome. The texture of these is heaven--between that of a Fresh Tinted Balm and a Chantecaille Lip Chic--and it feels cushy and wonderful on the lips. The pigment is also between that of Fresh and Chantecaille--a little more pigmented (and less waxy) than the Fresh balm, but not as much as a Lip Chic--and it's easy to deepen the color with another swipe or two. Given the texture, it requires more frequent reapplication, but I'm okay with that. The formula applies smoothly and easily, with no patchiness or bleeding (hooray!), and as it wears off, it leaves a pretty stain. The amount of shimmer varies from shade to shade, but in none that I have (which now includes Black Cherry Baby) is it over-the-top or gritty. I found it lightly hydrating--again, more than Fresh and less than Chantecaille--and my lips were not dry at the end of the day. I've always been a fan of sheer lip color and I'm totally over the matte look, so these are perfect for me, especially for summer. However, I can imagine using them to lighten/darken/increase the depth of other lipsticks, so I think i'll get plenty of use from them. Given the emollient texture, I'd imagine they would melt if left in a hot car/elsewhere on a hot day, but I carried mine around all day and had no issues. There are pricey at $28 and I'm not a huge fan of the packaging (and don't forget the click up/no retracting, if that would make you crazy), but I love these enough that I would repurchase. I'm already planning to pick up another shade or two. (Ingredients are listed via the link above.)

The Marc Jacobs Enamored Hydrating Lip Gloss Stick is a slightly hydrating lip gloss (just like the name). The color is very subtle but with a couple swipes it is slightly buildable and lasts for two to three hours unless you are eating or drinking. I will say that the color can bleed a little into fine lines. This contains peppermint which is not overwhelming but does make my lips feel dry after the color fades off. If you are going to pick this up I would recommend picking up one of the darker shades because the lighter ones seem to get the color washed out when you apply them. My review and swatch can be seen here: