Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
Backstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body Foundation

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyurethane-35, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, BHT, Tocopherol

on 4/19/2019 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don’t even know where to begin! This is the best versatile foundation out there!
First of all I can alternate the coverage- for everyday I’ll wear it as is, but if I want more I’ll mix it in with my farsali drops.

Second of all you get 50ml for 40$ which is the standard price for high end makeup BUT it’s almost double the amount.. sounds like a great deal

But let’s talk about my skin and the foundation.
I have oily textured skin, this foundation makes everything so smooth! It controls my oil even though my prep routine leans to hydrate and minimize pores. My powders helps my shine the most and this foundation works great with my kit.
It doesn’t separate on my face which is a major problem with most of the foundations I try, it covers most of my issues (without mixing anything for better coverage) but that’s a good thing because I actually like spot concealing, I don’t want to feel heavy all over.

Honestly as I was doing my makeup I felt like a model the finish is a natural kinda glass like but that’s not a bad thing even tho my skin is oily BECAUSE powder fixes everything lol

The last test this foundation need to pass is the sensitive skin part. If it makes me breakout I’ll update, and probably stop using it lol.

I recommend using a flat top dense brush, definitely not a sponge.

on 3/30/2019 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

UPDATE: WHILE I LOVE THE COLOR MATCH AND CONSISTENCY OF THIS FOUNDATION, SADLY IT BROKE ME OUT. I WAS HOPING IT WASN'T THE FOUNDATION AND I DID A PROCESS OF ELIMINATION OF PRODUCTS (SKIN CARE AND MAKEUP) TO BE SURE. I USED THE FOUNDATION FOR ALMOST A MONTH AND MY SKIN JUST WASN'T HAVING IT:( ONCE I READ THE INGREDIENT LIST IT MADE SENSE. IT WAS A GRADUAL PROCESS STARTING WITH VERY SMALL SPOTS AND AREAS OF IRRITATION (NOT ALL AT ONCE) AND EVENTUALLY ENDED UP ALL OVER MY CHIN, NOSE AND CHEEKS (VERY MINIMALLY ON MY FOREHEAD WHICH IS WHERE I APPLIED IT THE LIGHTEST). I DID FIND A SUITABLE ALTERNATIVE IN COVER FX (SHADE G+40) WHICH IS EQUALLY STUNNING EXCEPT WITHOUT ALL THE HARSH INGREDIENTS (FORMULAS ARE VEGAN AND CLEAN).

Love, love, love this foundation for many reasons, but specifically because I found my perfect shade (2WO). Light/medium warm olive skin is notoriously difficult to color match. There just aren’t a lot of options out there for my skin tone and I end up having to settle with what I hate the least in foundations. Not this one. It’s buildable without being cakey, not matte nor dewey, but rather a nice satin finish on my skin (I’m mostly dry with slight combo in T-zone). I apply with a sponge as that’s my favorite method of applying. Even though there isn’t a pump (it’s similar packaging to Mac’s Face and Body) I can gauge pretty well what a pump is for me and one “pump” (pour) applied with my sponge covers my entire face with coverage similar to a tinted moisturizer or bb cream. A second pour gives me beautiful medium coverage. If I’m having a bad allergy day and fussing with my nose then inevitably it will disappear from that area or get a little patchy, but that’s true for any foundation. I have tried many, many foundations over the years, both high-end and drug store, and have not had one not get patchy or disappear after wiping my mouth with a napkin or blowing my nose throughout the day. I don’t set it with anything after applying because of my dry skin and it still looks beautiful at the end of my work day. It doesn’t transfer during everyday tasks such as talking on the phone or hugging someone. I can’t say enough about this foundation and thank you hardly seems like enough, but thank you Dior for this amazing product; it’s my holy grail foundation. P.S. it photographs beautifully:)

on 1/23/2019 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a 50 year old with very good skin however when I put this on my husband said I looked tired and all my lines were amplified.

Off it came and into the bin it went. Shame because the texture was nice and it wore well.

on 9/1/2018 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation so much, it’s pretty long wearing for how liquidy/sheer the texture is & sits well on my textured oily skin, best shade match i’ve ever had ! 2WO for olive undertones, if they just had a 1 or 1.5 WO i think it’d be my EXACT skin tone.

I'm going to compare the Dior Backstage Face and Body with the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation in this review, mostly because the GA LS is my HG in terms of its finish and how well it photographs, but also because I feel like the hype around the Dior Face and Body being very 'skin-like' puts it in the same class of foundations as the GA LS (which looks almost hyper-real on my skin).

I got matched to the shade 2N in the Dior F&B. I used my fingers to apply the product, starting from the centre of my face, and spreading it out towards the edges, and then patting it in again on top with my fingers to get rid of any streaks. The application was super easy using my fingers, which is something this foundation has in common with the GA LS.

The finish of the foundation right upon application was quite gorgeous, very luminous without being ultra-dewy, and the finish remained pretty much the same after it had set on my face. I would say that the GA LS has a better finish than this foundation, though. It is more luminous, and makes your skin look genuinely healthy. The Dior F&B does that too, but not *as much*. It has a slightly more matte finish compared to the GA LS, and that's with a hydrating primer and moisturiser under it. It also did seem to have some pore-blurring qualities to it as well, which the GA LS does not, but I'm not the best person to report back on that because I don't have many visible pores. It is also most definitely very skin-like and didn't look like I have foundation on at all.

However, the Dior F&B took its sweet time to set, which surprised me because I'd read that you have to work fast with this foundation or it'll set and won't budge after. Mine was pretty tacky and movable after I had done my colour correcting under my eyes and started going in with my concealer on top. Which obviously meant that when I went in with my concealer (miniscule quantities of Tarte Shape, used with fingers again), entire patches of the Dior F&B started pulling off when I was trying to pat in the concealer on top! It was quite weird, but I was able to add some more foundation on top, wait for it to set, and then go in with my concealer with a brush this time and it didn't give me any problems. I've never run into this problem with my GA LS; I have layered several products over it with my fingers without it coming away from my face or moving around. Hey, but the good news is that the Dior F&B is definitely buildable! But then again, so is the GA LS...

So far, so okay. I powdered on top, did the rest of my makeup, set everything with a setting spray, and I was done. Overall, I saw that my face was looking a little more matte than I am used to with the GA LS, but it was still quite healthy-looking and luminous, and the rest of my products layered on top of the foundation without any problems once it had set.

However, once I started looking at my face in my magnifying mirror (I do that once I've finished my makeup, to catch any mistakes or whatever), I could definitely see that people with dry skin will perhaps not like this product. I take extremely good care of my skin, keep it exfoliated and moisturised, and my skin is more combination to normal than anything, but somehow this foundation found tiny dry bits on my face that I didn't even know I had and sort of clung to them, or started breaking apart around them. It wasn't obvious at all without a magnifying mirror, but it was a little weird still. I would say though that the GA LS is only slightly more forgiving in this regard, really, because it is also not very friendly towards dry bits on your face either.

On to how the foundation wore throughout the night. I live in the Middle East, it was 37 degrees Celsius out, and we were going to be partying in a club and getting all sweaty and gross. And yet, somehow, I only needed to blot my face ONCE during this entire time of walking around in very hot parking lots to get to the club, and dancing to at least 20 to 30 songs once inside. The foundation truly doesn't budge once it has set! Hallelujah! My oily T-zone was shine-free throughout the night! This is a huge deal because even the YSL All-Hours would break apart on my T-zone after partying. So definitely a thumbs up to the Dior for managing to do what multiple primers and foundations together have failed to do before. My GA LS would have dissolved and disappeared in this situation hours before, so the Dior F&B is definitely kicking ass in terms of longevity here.

A few things that I forgot to add before: the scent of the Dior F&B really bothered me at first. It was almost overwhelming, and I'm only very mildly sensitive to scents. It didn't irritate my skin, but it was definitely unnecessary and has the potential to irritate sensitive skins. The scent goes away after a while, but it's annoying while it lasts, especially if you're sensitive to that kind of stuff. The GA LS doesn't have an overwhelming scent, and doesn't irritate my skin as well, but both products have high quantities of alcohol in them, so if your skin can't tolerate that, keep far, far away from both of them.

Also, the Dior is properly cheap compared to the GA LS. And you get more product. And I know Wayne Goss said recently in one of his videos that that doesn't mean anything because you'll burn through it faster because of its sheer coverage, but I don't agree with that. I think it's pretty similar to the GA LS in terms of coverage, and one bottle of that lasts me a good year and a half.

Would I recommend this product? Sure. I do like it, I am happy I bought it, especially because of its longevity while it looks skin-like, but will it replace my LS? Nope. Not even by a mile. I'll probably end up mixing both to achieve the ultimate foundation for myself, but at the end of the day, even though I will repurchase this, I'm pretty sure I'll be back to using my LS as soon as the weather gets better just for its finish and how beautiful it ma

on 7/15/2018 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought the Dior backstage foundation about a week ago and I’ve tried everything to make it work. I’ve tried exfoliating, cleansing, all different types of primers, hydration creams etc etc. however for me it is way too drying. I’m only 20 years old and this foundation gives me crows feet and laughing lines because it’s so dry...
The coverage level is light and i think it could look quite natural on someone with oily skin, for me it looked very chalky. My skin isn’t even THAT dry - I will never get patches of dry skin or anything like that but if I didn’t moisturise I probably would...
Overall I definitely do not recommend to someone with dry skin, if you have oily skin get a tester before buying!!!!
Ps. I got the colour 3 Warm

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I jumped on this because I saw that they had olive skin tones in their line up! I have been using Cover FX and even though it is still my go to foundation, I couldn’t resist trying this one by Dior. 2WO is actually a very good match, in fact it is an even BETTER match than my Cover FX in G40. This one has a slightly yellower tone, while Cover FX appears olive- neutral next to it. The package is in a squeeze bottle, unlike the other Dior foundations which are so luxuriously packaged. To me, I don’t find this as a disadvantage because the quality of the product is good, easy to travel with, and the dispenser does its job to where you can squeeze as little or as much as you can (unlike bottle or dropper types). But for others who prefer pumps or want a beautiful bottle, I can see why it may be a turn off to some. The cost is actually cheaper than my Cover FX (44$ vs 40$) which I find surprising considering it is Dior! I have paid upwards to 65-70$ for foundation so being able to get a more affordable foundation is refreshing— meaning, I am not afraid to use what I need! The foundation is creamy, not watery, and I can describe it as medium buildable coverage if you use a beauty-blender. I do like how they put instructions on their box to achieve the look that you want! The finish is more matte than my Cover FX and almost powdery-blurring in nature. I would agree it is skin like but more matte. I do have to use some Marc Jacobs Dew drops (Dew You) if I build this up to give some dimension because it would make me look super matte (too obvious I am wearing makeup). It has good oil control, lasts roughly 8 hours but it does get slightly patchy around the sides of my nose, chin and between my brows. I also make sure my skin is exfoliated because it can make dry patches more obvious. And depending on the type of primer or sunscreen, it sometimes aggregates on certain spots and don’t look so smooth. Don’t get me wrong, I still love this and will keep this in rotation for its finish and shade. It is nice to have because different events call for different looks, it just depends on what look I am going for. Despite its caveats, I still recommend it. It’s like getting the perfect pair of jeans where it may be fitting to some but not to all.