Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
Backstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body Foundation

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyurethane-35, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, BHT, Tocopherol

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have Combo Skin with an extremely oily T-Zone with an Asian Olive complexion. I have the W3 and am about NW30-35.

Pros:
- It is a great natural looking foundation; my partner approves of it and saids it evens out my skin and makes it look so healthy (he knows nothing of makeup so if he loves my skin when I'm wearing this foundation then it's a thumbs up for me).
- Light buildable coverage - would not recommend for someone who wants full glam coverage.
- Sturdy packaging but because the foundation is so runny, you get foundation gunk outside the nozzle and will have to wipe it but very travel friendly.
- You get 50ml instead of the average 30ml, since I don't like full coverage, I only use 1 layer so this will last me a while.
- Gives you a satin/matte finish and feels quite silicone-y in texture when you apply it.
- Does not oxidse (I always go a shade lighter than my neck and adjust with bronzer, that way, you can never go wrong).
- Long wear, did not break up on my face although can settle in to smile lines.
- I got shiny (not sweaty) on my T-Zone (which is inevitable for me) but wasn't too bad, nothing powder can't fix.

Cons:
- It is stupidly expensive for a foundation.
- I do not recommend this for someone with sensitive skin; it has alcohol which can argivate the skin, numerous silicone based products which can clog up pores (Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone), it is very Fragence based (Phenoxyethanol, BHT & Other Perfume Frangrances) and numerous allergens (Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol).
- It has a strong Grandma's house mixed with artifical flowers smell when you put it on.
- Would not recommend this as an everyday foundation as I feel it will break me out, I will have to thoroughly wash this off every use.
- I would prep the skin quite well before use so that it doesn't exaggerate dry skin, enlarge pores and oil control.

Overall:
- I would repurchase but will only use it for special occasions as it's so beautiful on but so full of ingredients which is not good for regular use.
- If you are looking for affordable alternatives, I would go for Essence #insta perfect liquid makeup or the Nyx Total Control Drop Foundation.

on 11/15/2018 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Okay: i was totally not expecting to love this one so much but damn! it's light, super buildable coverage, super long lasting, gorgeous satin-matte finish and it's pretty affordable (it's dior). over the weekend i went to a music festival and with the crazy sweating and 20 min downpour, all the makeup melted off my face except for the base. I WAS SHOOK.
nonetheless i think this foundation isn't for everyone. i have super oily acne prone skin and it does control the oil. besides the acne, the texture of my skin is pretty good, so i don't have issues with that. i'm currently using a retinoid which causes peeling and purging, so i really have to exfoliate before using this. after moisturiser, i buff the foundation in with a sigma f80 until even. it has a bit of a powdery finish and it's okay to blend powder products over it. to prevent cakiness, i try not to powder and use UD all nighter to set the face. everything sets perfectly and lasts all. day.

on 11/10/2018 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. The texture of it is pretty thin and the coverage is great. Even though I’m a beauty blender or brush user I apply this with my fingers. It melts in to my skin and covers all imperfections but never gets cakey. It’s like a serum with coverage. I’d say it’s high medium coverage but doesn’t look like makeup. I’m no youngster and I have some skin issues. Fine lines. Wrinkles. Redness. This doesn’t settle into lines/wrinkles, covers my redness. And while it’s a matte finish it’s not dry matte is a satin matte. I do powder it because I gave 12-14 hour days. And it stays almost perfect. I just love this stuff.

on 8/28/2018 10:58:00 PM

I wanted to love this foundation. I was looking for something that would feel light on the skin and last all day. Sadly this foundation made me breakout immediately. I have highly sensitive skin and the strong perfume smell was not pleasing. If they can make this foundation with cleaner ingredients, then I would consider trying it again. For the price and brand, I expected more.

on 7/24/2018 11:38:00 PM

Love, Love, Love...

I watched the whole meghan- royal- wedding and insta went crazy when Daniel Martin let out the scoop that meghan wore Dior.. I told myself ima gonna get the whole backstage pass on the wedding makeup!!! woo hoo!! .. and I sure did when it launched recently!!! Meghan looked natural with all her freckles coming thru and was nice.

I was matched to 2W and it works like a dream on me. It virtually glided on my skin like butter. I have combo skin and this works well. I use my MAC stippling brush and just blend outwards . It gives you sheer to heavy coverage depending on how much you add. So it goes from sheer to heavy and doesnt look cakey!! Now that's a deal to me!! I've also use this on my decolletage and my skin looks even toned from face to shoulders .

The price is ok for a high end brand.. no issues there. It stayed a good 12 hours on me straight thru work and all nite partying .. im a happy camper. Smells like a scented perfume and nice, but I was not affected at all. No breakouts .. no allergies ..thank goodness !!!

Cons
The packaging. The rubberized bottle looks cheap for a brand like Dior.. Dior compromised on looks but certainly didnt compromise on the quality itself.

Recommend?