Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
Backstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body Foundation

3.3

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyurethane-35, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, BHT, Tocopherol

on 12/8/2018 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this based on the rave reviews on youtube. I always wanted foundation that is lightweight with just little bit of coverage, meanwhile it gotta work on my oily skin ;) This worked great in the beginning, even though the color i chose (#2 warm olive) is slightly too dark for me (NC25/shiseido O40). But later on I noticed my skin seems a bit dull by midday, friends at work keep telling me i look tired whenever Im wearing this foundation. My face also seems to start to get oily within 3-4 hours.

Packaging is cute and clean basically, in a basic bottle. However, you MUST open the cap first and cover the opening of the bottle when you shake it. Otherwise it will be all over the place when you remove the cap.

Overall I dont think I will repurchase. Im just not wow by how it makes me look tired in just few hours lol plus it got no spf, so i gotta put on another extra layer of spf underneath.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Giving this two stars because when first applied it was the most gorgeous finish I've ever seen. It evened out my complexion but still looked exactly like bare skin and it wasn't too matte or too dewy.

However, two hours later it had started separating around my entire face and oxidized. By the end of the day my face was covered in whiteheads and clogged pores. I resembled my early high school days before I took Accutane. So if you have normal skin that is not acne prone I recommend this, otherwise it's a total bust.

I'm torn on the packaging. On one hand I love how it holds more than a standard foundation but is still streamlined and takes up less space. On the other hand, because it is a squeeze tube and the formula is very thin the foundation would get these air bubbles that made it leak out if you shook it as directed.

on 9/27/2018 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Holy grail product for me ! I have combination/oily skin and this is one of the only foundation that stays matte all day, just a little shine after 10+ hours. Looks very natural, like I don’t have foundation on, but covers imperfections pretty well for a light-medium coverage (applied with a dry beauty blender). Don’t settle in my fine line, waterproof (shower, sport or rain) and stays all day, I’m impressed how well it look at the end of the day, pretty good price for 50ml of a Dior foundation. I wear the shade 1N for the moment, in winter I will probably be more a 0N or 0W for a NC15 (Mac) The only negative point is the bottle when the foundation is new, after shaking, a little product comes out alone but this stops after a few uses. The ingredients are not the best (alcool denat, parfum...) but my skin don’t react badly and no breakouts after 1 month of use. I’m happy my research of the perfect foundation is over !

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is like the higher coverage version of MAC Face & Body but for oily skin. It controlled my oil well, keeping me fresh and matte all day! Impressed with how it wore. So lightweight!

I don't like the packaging; I find it gets messy quickly.

The coverage is beautiful and makes your skin look velvety smooth. I would recommend, mainly because the price makes it a pretty good deal compared to other high-end foundations.

on 9/23/2018 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is not like MAC or MUFE f&b foundations. Those melt into the skin and don't have that silicony formula that almost every other foundations have. It's what sets them apart. I would say this foundation is extremely similar to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua but slightly more matte, so somewhere in between Vitalumiere Aqua and Perfection Velvet. It also has that slightly floral scent like the Chanel.

It's a decent foundation for those with normal to combo skin but nothing extraordinary. Excellent color selection and decent for every day. Photographs well because no spf.

On another note, I bought this with the Dior Forever and Ever primer and the two are so incompatible! It caused the foundation to sit on top of the skin evidently and slide around, wipe right off. I tried with the Nars Radiance primer and it works much better. Also just on top of regular moisturizer and it works well too.

on 9/18/2018 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I am very disappointed by this DIOR foundation. It has very light coverage. If I want to build it to medium, it looks cakey on me.
My oil breaks through by 3 hours of wear even with a primer. Price is reasonable for 50ml, but you need a lot for one application.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Horrible grandma scent, emphasizes texture. Even with a wide shade range I could not match my shade.

My Shade: I tried 1N but it was not a good match, oxidised very dark and orange.
Other shades that work for me: TF BTW Porcelain, EL Doublewear 1N2 Ecru, MAC C1.

I have to be honest, I tried this because Meghan Markle supposedly wore it to her wedding - and I am glad I did! Dior Face And Body is a lovely light-medium coverage foundation. I found it applied best with a damp beauty blender. It looks skin like, my freckles show through, but the skin tone is evened out and the skin looks natural, healthy and fresh. It is almost like a real-life Instagram filter! It wore well throughout the day, and didn’t fade or seperate. It did become shinier throughout the day, but not overly so. A light dusting of powder or some blotting paper would be enough to fix this. The only downside to this product is that I believe it caused some small whiteheads on my face and it is quite expensive. However I would definitely recommend this product to those who are not sensitive or breakout prone. But for the price, I would personally prefer a product which doesn’t break me out. I also find the colour range runs dark. I am N15/Nars Mont Blanc and the shade 1N was much too dark and orange for my skin. Paler people will definitely have trouble finding their shade. While this product isn’t for me, it has many pros, and if it didn’t break me out I would be recommending it.

on 8/27/2018 10:00:00 PM

If, like me, you like to really blend your foundation into the skin with a brush like Sigma F80, you might not like this. I received a deluxe sample with a recent Sephora order and was very excited to try it. Sadly, after 3 tries with three different moisturizers with sunscreen underneath, I'm going to throw it out. It was so bad that if I had been going to work those days I would have washed it off.
You have to put this on quickly in sections and leave it alone otherwise it will "pull off" onto itself. It's a very, very strange texture that can quickly look blotchy and patchy. Blending makes it worse and worse. I like to have foundation in the center of my face and blend it out really well to the edges for a light look and there is no way to do this with this foundation. Get a sample or make sure you can return it.

on 7/24/2018 11:38:00 PM

Love, Love, Love...

I watched the whole meghan- royal- wedding and insta went crazy when Daniel Martin let out the scoop that meghan wore Dior.. I told myself ima gonna get the whole backstage pass on the wedding makeup!!! woo hoo!! .. and I sure did when it launched recently!!! Meghan looked natural with all her freckles coming thru and was nice.

I was matched to 2W and it works like a dream on me. It virtually glided on my skin like butter. I have combo skin and this works well. I use my MAC stippling brush and just blend outwards . It gives you sheer to heavy coverage depending on how much you add. So it goes from sheer to heavy and doesnt look cakey!! Now that's a deal to me!! I've also use this on my decolletage and my skin looks even toned from face to shoulders .

The price is ok for a high end brand.. no issues there. It stayed a good 12 hours on me straight thru work and all nite partying .. im a happy camper. Smells like a scented perfume and nice, but I was not affected at all. No breakouts .. no allergies ..thank goodness !!!

Cons
The packaging. The rubberized bottle looks cheap for a brand like Dior.. Dior compromised on looks but certainly didnt compromise on the quality itself.

Recommend?