Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
Backstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body Foundation

2.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyurethane-35, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, BHT, Tocopherol

on 4/19/2019 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don’t even know where to begin! This is the best versatile foundation out there!
First of all I can alternate the coverage- for everyday I’ll wear it as is, but if I want more I’ll mix it in with my farsali drops.

Second of all you get 50ml for 40$ which is the standard price for high end makeup BUT it’s almost double the amount.. sounds like a great deal

But let’s talk about my skin and the foundation.
I have oily textured skin, this foundation makes everything so smooth! It controls my oil even though my prep routine leans to hydrate and minimize pores. My powders helps my shine the most and this foundation works great with my kit.
It doesn’t separate on my face which is a major problem with most of the foundations I try, it covers most of my issues (without mixing anything for better coverage) but that’s a good thing because I actually like spot concealing, I don’t want to feel heavy all over.

Honestly as I was doing my makeup I felt like a model the finish is a natural kinda glass like but that’s not a bad thing even tho my skin is oily BECAUSE powder fixes everything lol

The last test this foundation need to pass is the sensitive skin part. If it makes me breakout I’ll update, and probably stop using it lol.

I recommend using a flat top dense brush, definitely not a sponge.

on 3/17/2019 7:15:00 AM

Let me start by saying I have combo skin (dry-oily), I am on my thirties and I live in a humid place.
This is one of those products i have mixed feelings about after several months using it.
I love the shade range, the medium coverage and how well it wears on those days that you feel your face melting due to heat and sweat.
From the begining I didnt like the wear time ( around 4-5 Hours in my case) and that it wasnt sponge friendly ( my favourite way of applying foundation).
However, during these last months of a very mild winter I have used it several times and been horrified of how patchy it looks and dissapears from my face. I even did a wear test one day ( stayed at home most of the day, running only 2 errands that didnt raje me more than an hour) and looking at my face every hour for 6 hours without another stich of make up on showed me that I wasnt freaking out for nothing. After only 2 hours i could see patches around my nose and chin. At three in my cheeks... at 4 it was a complete mess!

on 12/25/2018 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Oh god, I hate this stuff. I got a sample of it after wanting to try it for months, and I'm so glad I didn't spend money on the bottle. I tried putting this on with a brush and my fingers (which Dior recommends), and both times the foundation clung to the tiny hairs on my skin and in the corners of my nose. Iy emphasized my pores and looked generally god awful. I didn't try a sponge as every review I've read or watched says that it just soaked up the product, and that seems like such a waste to me. I work N1, which seemed to be a good match for my NC20 skin. Where the foundation looked okay, it felt nice, but I couldn't get over how terrible it looked everywhere else. I'll be sticking with my Estee Lauder Double Wear.

on 9/2/2018 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'll start this review by saying I only apply foundation with a dry sponge or brush, so this may work better with a damp sponge/fingers.

This did not blend well at all & oxidized fairly quickly on me. It seemed to stay streaky no matter how hard I tried to blend so I guess it just dries down very quickly? I'm not sure but it looked pretty blotchy. The color match also seemed good until 20 minutes later when it started to look kind of orangey, which really puts even more emphasis into the streakiness.

This was the first foundation I have tried by Dior & I may try a different one but this one was just awful. Would not recommend.

on 8/30/2018 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this foundation! Looks beautiful on my dry skin. I love the look of it and the lasting power, shade range, but took off a lippie because I really only got it to work using a very precise application method, which is also quite time-consuming, so if I’m in a hurry, this would certainly not be my go-to foundation. The method goes like this:

I apply a thick sunscreen for my dry skin, then immediately apply a light layer of this using my fingers. I give it a few minutes to set then go in with a second layer to spot conceal my problem areas. Then I give that another few minutes to set, then dab those areas with a flat top kabuki brush. That’s when I reach perfection with this, then apply a setting powder. The result really is perfect, but as mentioned earlier, is time-consuming.

I haven’t tried this in the winter though, so that’ll be the ultimate test for my dry skin. I will update this post once I’ve had a chance to wear this for a while in the winter weather.

This is Dior , so I hope to get DIOR standard , this product is not high end foundation, it is more like a quality of a middle range brands.
It sits on my skin, just like cheap foundation does.
In drugstore foundation, I can never get color that i want.
On middle range foundation, I hate the quality and the texture of the products.
In this foundation, I can work the color, but seriously I hate the texture.
I really don't like this foundation.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This foundation oxidises. I bought one in warm olive (4). Too dark. Exchanged it for warm (3). Still looked dark. Now ordering warm (2) so hopefully this one won’t look too dark on me. I love how light it feels and how it looks on my skin. Combined with skin fx matte setting powder, my skin looks flawless even after 7 hrs of wear.

on 7/27/2018 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

i have oily skin and this foundation sucks on my skin. I was more oily and it just felt disgusting on my skin. I wore it couple of times and every time my skin hated it. I dont know how this foundation has such good reviews but it didnt work for my skin.

on 7/16/2018 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have currently been on a foundation testing kick, trying everything under the sun. This foundation was one of them.

I'm a NC20 with very yellow undertones. I tried this with a sample of 1N. The color looks very pink in the bottle but changed a bit on my skin and looked fine, tone-wise.

Everyone mentioned a scent, and I'm highly sensitive to scents, but barely noticed one with this, even upon application.

I applied it with a RT brush, since brush application was recommended. I think it applied very well, thin and lightweight, I was surprised, since my oily but dry skin prefers a damp sponge.

However, from there, it went a bit mediocre. I found that areas got very dry, and when I went to fix the dryness, the foundation woukd just flake off with the skin. I applied this over Smashbox primerizer, a more moisturizing primer, yet it still flaked in spots. A little did go a long way.

By noon, my face was getting too shiny for my liking so I washed it off, and found myself with a small breakout forming on my chin already. I find this bipolar foundation; it goes on smooth but dries fast on the skin. But then after an hour or two, becomes oily (on my skin).

Since I had been testing different foundations, I can say that this foundation looked identical on my skin as the CoverGirl Ready Set, Gorgeous foundation I wore just the day before. Starts out matte but becomes more natural finish on the skin. Save yourself some $$$ and try that first!!

Anyone wants my Dior sample to try, let me know, since I wont use it again! Glad to give it away.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I jumped on this because I saw that they had olive skin tones in their line up! I have been using Cover FX and even though it is still my go to foundation, I couldn’t resist trying this one by Dior. 2WO is actually a very good match, in fact it is an even BETTER match than my Cover FX in G40. This one has a slightly yellower tone, while Cover FX appears olive- neutral next to it. The package is in a squeeze bottle, unlike the other Dior foundations which are so luxuriously packaged. To me, I don’t find this as a disadvantage because the quality of the product is good, easy to travel with, and the dispenser does its job to where you can squeeze as little or as much as you can (unlike bottle or dropper types). But for others who prefer pumps or want a beautiful bottle, I can see why it may be a turn off to some. The cost is actually cheaper than my Cover FX (44$ vs 40$) which I find surprising considering it is Dior! I have paid upwards to 65-70$ for foundation so being able to get a more affordable foundation is refreshing— meaning, I am not afraid to use what I need! The foundation is creamy, not watery, and I can describe it as medium buildable coverage if you use a beauty-blender. I do like how they put instructions on their box to achieve the look that you want! The finish is more matte than my Cover FX and almost powdery-blurring in nature. I would agree it is skin like but more matte. I do have to use some Marc Jacobs Dew drops (Dew You) if I build this up to give some dimension because it would make me look super matte (too obvious I am wearing makeup). It has good oil control, lasts roughly 8 hours but it does get slightly patchy around the sides of my nose, chin and between my brows. I also make sure my skin is exfoliated because it can make dry patches more obvious. And depending on the type of primer or sunscreen, it sometimes aggregates on certain spots and don’t look so smooth. Don’t get me wrong, I still love this and will keep this in rotation for its finish and shade. It is nice to have because different events call for different looks, it just depends on what look I am going for. Despite its caveats, I still recommend it. It’s like getting the perfect pair of jeans where it may be fitting to some but not to all.