Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other
Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
Backstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body Foundation

3.5

on 4/13/2019 8:32:00 PM

This product confuses me. I have oily skin and I do like how it looks after initial application. It applies wonderfully and looks great for the first half of my day (about 5 hours). This is where it won the extra lippie.

Where it lost all other lippies is that by after lunch my oils break through and this looks greasy. I might just have weird skin because this is supposed to be a oily skin dream - but it just doesn’t work. On top of it I notice once my oils come through, it combines with the foundation and oxidizes on me. It also disappears on my chin and lower cheeks (the area starting below my contour). I’ve tested this for months and been very good about not touching my face or that area so I know it isn’t that. I’ve also tried with different primers and powders - I haven’t had luck. What’s worse is that because it oxidizes, everything contour up is darker and oily looking, while below my contour is basically my skin. Even my husband asked what was going on with my face makeup when I got home from work and he rarely notices stuff like that!

I have to say this was a major miss for me because of all the surrounding hype and price tag. I can’t personally recommend this to anyone.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I think this foundation hasn't the proper fan base it deserves, because it is a very good one.
With a tremendous 60 shades selection....you will find the shade you need. *As a side note, Dior Star and Dior Nude ranges no longer exist (my beauty rep at Sephora confirmed me that they had to send back all the bottles and testers of these ones, to my big dismay as I loved both !).
Yes, Backstage is a light to medium coverage foundation, with an adjustable and layerable coverage.
On good skin days you can go w/ one layer, in ,my case i do 2 layers. It covers my hyperpigmenation quite well - but not entierely as EL Double Wear or Forever Undercover would do - but the effect is so natural... it looks like skin. if you get the right shade, it would be hard to discern if you are wearing foundation or not!
I was told I looked so good with no makeup on (and I was wearing this foundation !!:o)
It has a matte finish but not dull, and has a very lightweight feel. It's like having nothing on your skin. I love the sensation.
You don't need to powder it (I do it anyways as I have a nasty T-zone).
I have bought shade 3WO - a warm olive - as I am yellow undertoned, with a NW 15-20 fair/medium skintone, after trying it in the store many times on my hands.
A word of caution: don't be scared upon application as I was when I applied on my face.
At first sight I was freaking out as it SEEMS to go darker (at least one tone darker than what comes out the bottle) but instead of oxidizing more, it went somewhat lighter in shade and matched my skin perfectly. Just let it set dry.
It will look marvellous if you hydrate properly underneath. Lasts for a solid 18 hours without budging.
Please note this has no SPF in it - it has been made with fashion shows in mind so a lot of photoshooting, and as you know SPF gets flashback - so it's very good to use in the evening or for some occasions.
But for the day remember to use SPF underneath (I have to remind this to myself, as sometimes I skip it relying on the SPF contained in the foundation, SPF25 or 35 like in Forever is more than enough in winter...)
Another reason I am such a fan is the packaging: a super lighweight, travel-friendly plastic bottle!
So good to travel with, the bottle is super elegant and the rubbery feel makes you want to play with it forever: in addition it will not be bothered if you drop it on the tiled bathroom floor!
And the tiny nozzle allows you press the correct amount you need (not so easy with a pump); in addition it has 50 ml instead of the regular 30 ml for the same price. For me it ticks all the boxes!

on 9/26/2018 8:10:00 PM

Meh, very basic formula better for young, unlined complexions, not for dry skin. Its very thin but you need a few layers. I could not find a colour match, its either too yellow or too pink. I prefer some treatment ingredients but this has none. Its not as wearing as Revlon colorstay, which i love and is not as sophisticated at Shiseido Synchro skin, which is far better in formulation. I gave this away, it just didn't look like a high end foundation. Pls try, I would describe this as nothing special, better than no foundation.

on 9/9/2018 6:26:00 AM

This is a very simple basic formula that is packaged in a minimalistic simple bottle that is 1.7 oz/50 ml. Yet Dior achieves excellent aesthetics for both the packaging and for the finish of the product on the skin.

The foundation does apply fairly easily, is buildable and settles well. However, I find it a bit too "wet" and not as dry as the Armani Luminous Silk foundation after it has settled on the skin. It also oxidizes much more than it should.

The finish is natural (but letting almost no skin through even when applied in a very thin layer) unlike the Armani LS that lets the skin naturally come through, lending an exceptionally natural finish to the skin.

As it has been pointed out by a previous reviewer that the Armani LS has a more luminous and natural finish. It also contains a natural emulsifier (and an excellent hypoallergenic emollient) that does hydrate the skin, while the product from Dior is based solely on a silicone emulsifier and silicone oils, yet it feels heavier and more hydrating on the skin, but somehow not in a good way.

It sadly also caused blemishes on the site of application.

I find this foundation nice on the skin even after several hours it is in place and with minimal shine. That being said, I find this "shine" harsher than the one from the Armani LS which is more flattering even though this shine tends to appear faster on my skin when using the Armani LS.

I also find the colour range of Dior dark, also because the colours do oxidize fairly quickly after application.
In the summer/early autumn I use 7 (neutral) in Armani LS but the number 3.5 (neutral) and 3 (warm) in Dior Backstage are way too dark (and the numer 3 is way too yellow) even with a summer tan.

I also find that a fragrance-free product would have been a better choice. Unfortunately while the fragrance is not prominent, it does linger even after several hours after application and I do find it disturbing.

Maybe sunscreen should have been included?

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyurethane-35, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, BHT, Tocopherol

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although it leaks a bit when you first use it, the formula is brilliant here.

If you are into your medium coverage, semi-matte foundations - I think you might really love this one. I have dry skin, so did not know what to expect at first, but as long as I exfoliate/moisturize well and use a moderate amount of product - I truly get picture perfect results. Skin looks like skin, but a much better version of it.

I also like the fact that there are 40 shades in the range; 1.5 N turned out to be a perfect match for my light-neutral complexion. Blended easily, set relatively fast and you can easily use either fingers or brushes to add more/less coverage. It is a very buildable formula, just don't get carried away. I personally do not set it with powder, so if you have normal, combo or even oily skin - I think you will love just how long-wearing this product is. I'll leave a link to my in-depth review for those of you who want more details, application tips and makeup look (https://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/09/05/Dior-Backstage-Face-Body-Foundation-Review). Hope this helps!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I just want to say HALLELUJAH

Dior FINALLY FINALLY after years and years (seriously like 10years) of waiting... has released shades that are light enough for my fair skintone.

I don't even care about the formula and the foundation. I'm just so happy Dior finally has a shade range greater than 7 shades. What a miracle 2018 is!! What took them so long? Chanel can you please do this too?