Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
Backstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body Foundation

3.6

on 4/13/2019 10:09:00 PM

This foundation is good it is light on skin but will not suit oily skin

on 4/13/2019 8:32:00 PM

This product confuses me. I have oily skin and I do like how it looks after initial application. It applies wonderfully and looks great for the first half of my day (about 5 hours). This is where it won the extra lippie.

Where it lost all other lippies is that by after lunch my oils break through and this looks greasy. I might just have weird skin because this is supposed to be a oily skin dream - but it just doesn’t work. On top of it I notice once my oils come through, it combines with the foundation and oxidizes on me. It also disappears on my chin and lower cheeks (the area starting below my contour). I’ve tested this for months and been very good about not touching my face or that area so I know it isn’t that. I’ve also tried with different primers and powders - I haven’t had luck. What’s worse is that because it oxidizes, everything contour up is darker and oily looking, while below my contour is basically my skin. Even my husband asked what was going on with my face makeup when I got home from work and he rarely notices stuff like that!

I have to say this was a major miss for me because of all the surrounding hype and price tag. I can’t personally recommend this to anyone.

on 3/17/2019 7:15:00 AM

Let me start by saying I have combo skin (dry-oily), I am on my thirties and I live in a humid place.
This is one of those products i have mixed feelings about after several months using it.
I love the shade range, the medium coverage and how well it wears on those days that you feel your face melting due to heat and sweat.
From the begining I didnt like the wear time ( around 4-5 Hours in my case) and that it wasnt sponge friendly ( my favourite way of applying foundation).
However, during these last months of a very mild winter I have used it several times and been horrified of how patchy it looks and dissapears from my face. I even did a wear test one day ( stayed at home most of the day, running only 2 errands that didnt raje me more than an hour) and looking at my face every hour for 6 hours without another stich of make up on showed me that I wasnt freaking out for nothing. After only 2 hours i could see patches around my nose and chin. At three in my cheeks... at 4 it was a complete mess!

on 12/11/2018 4:13:00 PM

I tried this base because the lady at sephora recomended it and I have to say THANK YOU BEAUTIFUL LADY! I have combination skin and for my everyday I like a sheer coverage, but every base I’ve tried ends up dissapearing by the end of the day on my T-zone, but this stayed with me until the very end, even though I was on a rush and didn’t set it or used a primer underneath (just my daily moisturizer and a spritz of rose water). This make up melts on my skin like heaven and it’s nearly invisible. It does cling on some dry spots around my nose so prepped skin is necessary. I wouldn’t personally recomend this for people with dry skin, but you can always try different ways until you find one that works for you. Also, though it says you can build coverage, to me, it doesn’t seem like a very good idea (haven’t tried it but it’s so thin I could mess it up i so many ways, since I’m fairly new to make-up), so I would go for a high coverage base instead. Finally, about the ingredients, I do have somewhat sensitive skin, but haven’t had any problems, though I’ve only had it for a few days. Do get a tester first because it seems to be common to get skin issues. TL;DR sheer coverage, great durability, not for dry skin, harsh ingredients so test first

on 12/8/2018 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this based on the rave reviews on youtube. I always wanted foundation that is lightweight with just little bit of coverage, meanwhile it gotta work on my oily skin ;) This worked great in the beginning, even though the color i chose (#2 warm olive) is slightly too dark for me (NC25/shiseido O40). But later on I noticed my skin seems a bit dull by midday, friends at work keep telling me i look tired whenever Im wearing this foundation. My face also seems to start to get oily within 3-4 hours.

Packaging is cute and clean basically, in a basic bottle. However, you MUST open the cap first and cover the opening of the bottle when you shake it. Otherwise it will be all over the place when you remove the cap.

Overall I dont think I will repurchase. Im just not wow by how it makes me look tired in just few hours lol plus it got no spf, so i gotta put on another extra layer of spf underneath.

on 9/23/2018 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is not like MAC or MUFE f&b foundations. Those melt into the skin and don't have that silicony formula that almost every other foundations have. It's what sets them apart. I would say this foundation is extremely similar to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua but slightly more matte, so somewhere in between Vitalumiere Aqua and Perfection Velvet. It also has that slightly floral scent like the Chanel.

It's a decent foundation for those with normal to combo skin but nothing extraordinary. Excellent color selection and decent for every day. Photographs well because no spf.

On another note, I bought this with the Dior Forever and Ever primer and the two are so incompatible! It caused the foundation to sit on top of the skin evidently and slide around, wipe right off. I tried with the Nars Radiance primer and it works much better. Also just on top of regular moisturizer and it works well too.

on 9/9/2018 6:26:00 AM

This is a very simple basic formula that is packaged in a minimalistic simple bottle that is 1.7 oz/50 ml. Yet Dior achieves excellent aesthetics for both the packaging and for the finish of the product on the skin.

The foundation does apply fairly easily, is buildable and settles well. However, I find it a bit too "wet" and not as dry as the Armani Luminous Silk foundation after it has settled on the skin. It also oxidizes much more than it should.

The finish is natural (but letting almost no skin through even when applied in a very thin layer) unlike the Armani LS that lets the skin naturally come through, lending an exceptionally natural finish to the skin.

As it has been pointed out by a previous reviewer that the Armani LS has a more luminous and natural finish. It also contains a natural emulsifier (and an excellent hypoallergenic emollient) that does hydrate the skin, while the product from Dior is based solely on a silicone emulsifier and silicone oils, yet it feels heavier and more hydrating on the skin, but somehow not in a good way.

It sadly also caused blemishes on the site of application.

I find this foundation nice on the skin even after several hours it is in place and with minimal shine. That being said, I find this "shine" harsher than the one from the Armani LS which is more flattering even though this shine tends to appear faster on my skin when using the Armani LS.

I also find the colour range of Dior dark, also because the colours do oxidize fairly quickly after application.
In the summer/early autumn I use 7 (neutral) in Armani LS but the number 3.5 (neutral) and 3 (warm) in Dior Backstage are way too dark (and the numer 3 is way too yellow) even with a summer tan.

I also find that a fragrance-free product would have been a better choice. Unfortunately while the fragrance is not prominent, it does linger even after several hours after application and I do find it disturbing.

Maybe sunscreen should have been included?

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyurethane-35, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, BHT, Tocopherol

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Horrible grandma scent, emphasizes texture. Even with a wide shade range I could not match my shade.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although it leaks a bit when you first use it, the formula is brilliant here.

If you are into your medium coverage, semi-matte foundations - I think you might really love this one. I have dry skin, so did not know what to expect at first, but as long as I exfoliate/moisturize well and use a moderate amount of product - I truly get picture perfect results. Skin looks like skin, but a much better version of it.

I also like the fact that there are 40 shades in the range; 1.5 N turned out to be a perfect match for my light-neutral complexion. Blended easily, set relatively fast and you can easily use either fingers or brushes to add more/less coverage. It is a very buildable formula, just don't get carried away. I personally do not set it with powder, so if you have normal, combo or even oily skin - I think you will love just how long-wearing this product is. I'll leave a link to my in-depth review for those of you who want more details, application tips and makeup look (https://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/09/05/Dior-Backstage-Face-Body-Foundation-Review). Hope this helps!

on 8/30/2018 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this foundation! Looks beautiful on my dry skin. I love the look of it and the lasting power, shade range, but took off a lippie because I really only got it to work using a very precise application method, which is also quite time-consuming, so if I’m in a hurry, this would certainly not be my go-to foundation. The method goes like this:

I apply a thick sunscreen for my dry skin, then immediately apply a light layer of this using my fingers. I give it a few minutes to set then go in with a second layer to spot conceal my problem areas. Then I give that another few minutes to set, then dab those areas with a flat top kabuki brush. That’s when I reach perfection with this, then apply a setting powder. The result really is perfect, but as mentioned earlier, is time-consuming.

I haven’t tried this in the winter though, so that’ll be the ultimate test for my dry skin. I will update this post once I’ve had a chance to wear this for a while in the winter weather.