Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
Backstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body Foundation

1 review

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyurethane-35, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, BHT, Tocopherol

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have Combo Skin with an extremely oily T-Zone with an Asian Olive complexion. I have the W3 and am about NW30-35.

Pros:
- It is a great natural looking foundation; my partner approves of it and saids it evens out my skin and makes it look so healthy (he knows nothing of makeup so if he loves my skin when I'm wearing this foundation then it's a thumbs up for me).
- Light buildable coverage - would not recommend for someone who wants full glam coverage.
- Sturdy packaging but because the foundation is so runny, you get foundation gunk outside the nozzle and will have to wipe it but very travel friendly.
- You get 50ml instead of the average 30ml, since I don't like full coverage, I only use 1 layer so this will last me a while.
- Gives you a satin/matte finish and feels quite silicone-y in texture when you apply it.
- Does not oxidse (I always go a shade lighter than my neck and adjust with bronzer, that way, you can never go wrong).
- Long wear, did not break up on my face although can settle in to smile lines.
- I got shiny (not sweaty) on my T-Zone (which is inevitable for me) but wasn't too bad, nothing powder can't fix.

Cons:
- It is stupidly expensive for a foundation.
- I do not recommend this for someone with sensitive skin; it has alcohol which can argivate the skin, numerous silicone based products which can clog up pores (Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone), it is very Fragence based (Phenoxyethanol, BHT & Other Perfume Frangrances) and numerous allergens (Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol).
- It has a strong Grandma's house mixed with artifical flowers smell when you put it on.
- Would not recommend this as an everyday foundation as I feel it will break me out, I will have to thoroughly wash this off every use.
- I would prep the skin quite well before use so that it doesn't exaggerate dry skin, enlarge pores and oil control.

Overall:
- I would repurchase but will only use it for special occasions as it's so beautiful on but so full of ingredients which is not good for regular use.
- If you are looking for affordable alternatives, I would go for Essence #insta perfect liquid makeup or the Nyx Total Control Drop Foundation.