Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
Backstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body Foundation

3.5

on 4/19/2019 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don’t even know where to begin! This is the best versatile foundation out there!
First of all I can alternate the coverage- for everyday I’ll wear it as is, but if I want more I’ll mix it in with my farsali drops.

Second of all you get 50ml for 40$ which is the standard price for high end makeup BUT it’s almost double the amount.. sounds like a great deal

But let’s talk about my skin and the foundation.
I have oily textured skin, this foundation makes everything so smooth! It controls my oil even though my prep routine leans to hydrate and minimize pores. My powders helps my shine the most and this foundation works great with my kit.
It doesn’t separate on my face which is a major problem with most of the foundations I try, it covers most of my issues (without mixing anything for better coverage) but that’s a good thing because I actually like spot concealing, I don’t want to feel heavy all over.

Honestly as I was doing my makeup I felt like a model the finish is a natural kinda glass like but that’s not a bad thing even tho my skin is oily BECAUSE powder fixes everything lol

The last test this foundation need to pass is the sensitive skin part. If it makes me breakout I’ll update, and probably stop using it lol.

I recommend using a flat top dense brush, definitely not a sponge.

on 4/13/2019 10:09:00 PM

This foundation is good it is light on skin but will not suit oily skin

on 4/13/2019 8:32:00 PM

This product confuses me. I have oily skin and I do like how it looks after initial application. It applies wonderfully and looks great for the first half of my day (about 5 hours). This is where it won the extra lippie.

Where it lost all other lippies is that by after lunch my oils break through and this looks greasy. I might just have weird skin because this is supposed to be a oily skin dream - but it just doesn’t work. On top of it I notice once my oils come through, it combines with the foundation and oxidizes on me. It also disappears on my chin and lower cheeks (the area starting below my contour). I’ve tested this for months and been very good about not touching my face or that area so I know it isn’t that. I’ve also tried with different primers and powders - I haven’t had luck. What’s worse is that because it oxidizes, everything contour up is darker and oily looking, while below my contour is basically my skin. Even my husband asked what was going on with my face makeup when I got home from work and he rarely notices stuff like that!

I have to say this was a major miss for me because of all the surrounding hype and price tag. I can’t personally recommend this to anyone.

on 3/17/2019 7:15:00 AM

Let me start by saying I have combo skin (dry-oily), I am on my thirties and I live in a humid place.
This is one of those products i have mixed feelings about after several months using it.
I love the shade range, the medium coverage and how well it wears on those days that you feel your face melting due to heat and sweat.
From the begining I didnt like the wear time ( around 4-5 Hours in my case) and that it wasnt sponge friendly ( my favourite way of applying foundation).
However, during these last months of a very mild winter I have used it several times and been horrified of how patchy it looks and dissapears from my face. I even did a wear test one day ( stayed at home most of the day, running only 2 errands that didnt raje me more than an hour) and looking at my face every hour for 6 hours without another stich of make up on showed me that I wasnt freaking out for nothing. After only 2 hours i could see patches around my nose and chin. At three in my cheeks... at 4 it was a complete mess!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I think this foundation hasn't the proper fan base it deserves, because it is a very good one.
With a tremendous 60 shades selection....you will find the shade you need. *As a side note, Dior Star and Dior Nude ranges no longer exist (my beauty rep at Sephora confirmed me that they had to send back all the bottles and testers of these ones, to my big dismay as I loved both !).
Yes, Backstage is a light to medium coverage foundation, with an adjustable and layerable coverage.
On good skin days you can go w/ one layer, in ,my case i do 2 layers. It covers my hyperpigmenation quite well - but not entierely as EL Double Wear or Forever Undercover would do - but the effect is so natural... it looks like skin. if you get the right shade, it would be hard to discern if you are wearing foundation or not!
I was told I looked so good with no makeup on (and I was wearing this foundation !!:o)
It has a matte finish but not dull, and has a very lightweight feel. It's like having nothing on your skin. I love the sensation.
You don't need to powder it (I do it anyways as I have a nasty T-zone).
I have bought shade 3WO - a warm olive - as I am yellow undertoned, with a NW 15-20 fair/medium skintone, after trying it in the store many times on my hands.
A word of caution: don't be scared upon application as I was when I applied on my face.
At first sight I was freaking out as it SEEMS to go darker (at least one tone darker than what comes out the bottle) but instead of oxidizing more, it went somewhat lighter in shade and matched my skin perfectly. Just let it set dry.
It will look marvellous if you hydrate properly underneath. Lasts for a solid 18 hours without budging.
Please note this has no SPF in it - it has been made with fashion shows in mind so a lot of photoshooting, and as you know SPF gets flashback - so it's very good to use in the evening or for some occasions.
But for the day remember to use SPF underneath (I have to remind this to myself, as sometimes I skip it relying on the SPF contained in the foundation, SPF25 or 35 like in Forever is more than enough in winter...)
Another reason I am such a fan is the packaging: a super lighweight, travel-friendly plastic bottle!
So good to travel with, the bottle is super elegant and the rubbery feel makes you want to play with it forever: in addition it will not be bothered if you drop it on the tiled bathroom floor!
And the tiny nozzle allows you press the correct amount you need (not so easy with a pump); in addition it has 50 ml instead of the regular 30 ml for the same price. For me it ticks all the boxes!

on 12/11/2018 4:13:00 PM

I tried this base because the lady at sephora recomended it and I have to say THANK YOU BEAUTIFUL LADY! I have combination skin and for my everyday I like a sheer coverage, but every base I’ve tried ends up dissapearing by the end of the day on my T-zone, but this stayed with me until the very end, even though I was on a rush and didn’t set it or used a primer underneath (just my daily moisturizer and a spritz of rose water). This make up melts on my skin like heaven and it’s nearly invisible. It does cling on some dry spots around my nose so prepped skin is necessary. I wouldn’t personally recomend this for people with dry skin, but you can always try different ways until you find one that works for you. Also, though it says you can build coverage, to me, it doesn’t seem like a very good idea (haven’t tried it but it’s so thin I could mess it up i so many ways, since I’m fairly new to make-up), so I would go for a high coverage base instead. Finally, about the ingredients, I do have somewhat sensitive skin, but haven’t had any problems, though I’ve only had it for a few days. Do get a tester first because it seems to be common to get skin issues. TL;DR sheer coverage, great durability, not for dry skin, harsh ingredients so test first

on 11/9/2018 9:18:00 PM

I hate that this doesent have a pump and that it is sooo incredibly fragranced but since I have started retinol prescription no foundation adheres to my face. I have 48 of them sitting in my make up drawer from drug store to high end in every finish. I was starting to get so depressed because nothing was working anymore and I was trying so much new ones with all kinds of primers and moisturizers and setting sprays. It went on and on. I tried this in desperation and didn’t have a lot of hope bcus it is supposed to be matte and I now have dry skins due to retinol. But it sits and lasts sooo beautifully, it’s the only foundation that is adhered to my skin and sinking into everything. The only drawback is the fragrance as it is sooo incredibly strong which doesent Offend my senses but it must be doing note damage to my skin so sadly I only wear this when I really need to wear foundation. For now my skin is going makeup free ugh

on 9/26/2018 8:10:00 PM

Meh, very basic formula better for young, unlined complexions, not for dry skin. Its very thin but you need a few layers. I could not find a colour match, its either too yellow or too pink. I prefer some treatment ingredients but this has none. Its not as wearing as Revlon colorstay, which i love and is not as sophisticated at Shiseido Synchro skin, which is far better in formulation. I gave this away, it just didn't look like a high end foundation. Pls try, I would describe this as nothing special, better than no foundation.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is like the higher coverage version of MAC Face & Body but for oily skin. It controlled my oil well, keeping me fresh and matte all day! Impressed with how it wore. So lightweight!

I don't like the packaging; I find it gets messy quickly.

The coverage is beautiful and makes your skin look velvety smooth. I would recommend, mainly because the price makes it a pretty good deal compared to other high-end foundations.

on 9/9/2018 6:26:00 AM

This is a very simple basic formula that is packaged in a minimalistic simple bottle that is 1.7 oz/50 ml. Yet Dior achieves excellent aesthetics for both the packaging and for the finish of the product on the skin.

The foundation does apply fairly easily, is buildable and settles well. However, I find it a bit too "wet" and not as dry as the Armani Luminous Silk foundation after it has settled on the skin. It also oxidizes much more than it should.

The finish is natural (but letting almost no skin through even when applied in a very thin layer) unlike the Armani LS that lets the skin naturally come through, lending an exceptionally natural finish to the skin.

As it has been pointed out by a previous reviewer that the Armani LS has a more luminous and natural finish. It also contains a natural emulsifier (and an excellent hypoallergenic emollient) that does hydrate the skin, while the product from Dior is based solely on a silicone emulsifier and silicone oils, yet it feels heavier and more hydrating on the skin, but somehow not in a good way.

It sadly also caused blemishes on the site of application.

I find this foundation nice on the skin even after several hours it is in place and with minimal shine. That being said, I find this "shine" harsher than the one from the Armani LS which is more flattering even though this shine tends to appear faster on my skin when using the Armani LS.

I also find the colour range of Dior dark, also because the colours do oxidize fairly quickly after application.
In the summer/early autumn I use 7 (neutral) in Armani LS but the number 3.5 (neutral) and 3 (warm) in Dior Backstage are way too dark (and the numer 3 is way too yellow) even with a summer tan.

I also find that a fragrance-free product would have been a better choice. Unfortunately while the fragrance is not prominent, it does linger even after several hours after application and I do find it disturbing.

Maybe sunscreen should have been included?

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyurethane-35, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, BHT, Tocopherol