Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation

Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
Backstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body Foundation

3.3

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyurethane-35, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, BHT, Tocopherol

on 4/19/2019 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don’t even know where to begin! This is the best versatile foundation out there!
First of all I can alternate the coverage- for everyday I’ll wear it as is, but if I want more I’ll mix it in with my farsali drops.

Second of all you get 50ml for 40$ which is the standard price for high end makeup BUT it’s almost double the amount.. sounds like a great deal

But let’s talk about my skin and the foundation.
I have oily textured skin, this foundation makes everything so smooth! It controls my oil even though my prep routine leans to hydrate and minimize pores. My powders helps my shine the most and this foundation works great with my kit.
It doesn’t separate on my face which is a major problem with most of the foundations I try, it covers most of my issues (without mixing anything for better coverage) but that’s a good thing because I actually like spot concealing, I don’t want to feel heavy all over.

Honestly as I was doing my makeup I felt like a model the finish is a natural kinda glass like but that’s not a bad thing even tho my skin is oily BECAUSE powder fixes everything lol

The last test this foundation need to pass is the sensitive skin part. If it makes me breakout I’ll update, and probably stop using it lol.

I recommend using a flat top dense brush, definitely not a sponge.

on 3/30/2019 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

UPDATE: WHILE I LOVE THE COLOR MATCH AND CONSISTENCY OF THIS FOUNDATION, SADLY IT BROKE ME OUT. I WAS HOPING IT WASN'T THE FOUNDATION AND I DID A PROCESS OF ELIMINATION OF PRODUCTS (SKIN CARE AND MAKEUP) TO BE SURE. I USED THE FOUNDATION FOR ALMOST A MONTH AND MY SKIN JUST WASN'T HAVING IT:( ONCE I READ THE INGREDIENT LIST IT MADE SENSE. IT WAS A GRADUAL PROCESS STARTING WITH VERY SMALL SPOTS AND AREAS OF IRRITATION (NOT ALL AT ONCE) AND EVENTUALLY ENDED UP ALL OVER MY CHIN, NOSE AND CHEEKS (VERY MINIMALLY ON MY FOREHEAD WHICH IS WHERE I APPLIED IT THE LIGHTEST). I DID FIND A SUITABLE ALTERNATIVE IN COVER FX (SHADE G+40) WHICH IS EQUALLY STUNNING EXCEPT WITHOUT ALL THE HARSH INGREDIENTS (FORMULAS ARE VEGAN AND CLEAN).

Love, love, love this foundation for many reasons, but specifically because I found my perfect shade (2WO). Light/medium warm olive skin is notoriously difficult to color match. There just aren’t a lot of options out there for my skin tone and I end up having to settle with what I hate the least in foundations. Not this one. It’s buildable without being cakey, not matte nor dewey, but rather a nice satin finish on my skin (I’m mostly dry with slight combo in T-zone). I apply with a sponge as that’s my favorite method of applying. Even though there isn’t a pump (it’s similar packaging to Mac’s Face and Body) I can gauge pretty well what a pump is for me and one “pump” (pour) applied with my sponge covers my entire face with coverage similar to a tinted moisturizer or bb cream. A second pour gives me beautiful medium coverage. If I’m having a bad allergy day and fussing with my nose then inevitably it will disappear from that area or get a little patchy, but that’s true for any foundation. I have tried many, many foundations over the years, both high-end and drug store, and have not had one not get patchy or disappear after wiping my mouth with a napkin or blowing my nose throughout the day. I don’t set it with anything after applying because of my dry skin and it still looks beautiful at the end of my work day. It doesn’t transfer during everyday tasks such as talking on the phone or hugging someone. I can’t say enough about this foundation and thank you hardly seems like enough, but thank you Dior for this amazing product; it’s my holy grail foundation. P.S. it photographs beautifully:)

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I think this foundation hasn't the proper fan base it deserves, because it is a very good one.
With a tremendous 60 shades selection....you will find the shade you need. *As a side note, Dior Star and Dior Nude ranges no longer exist (my beauty rep at Sephora confirmed me that they had to send back all the bottles and testers of these ones, to my big dismay as I loved both !).
Yes, Backstage is a light to medium coverage foundation, with an adjustable and layerable coverage.
On good skin days you can go w/ one layer, in ,my case i do 2 layers. It covers my hyperpigmenation quite well - but not entierely as EL Double Wear or Forever Undercover would do - but the effect is so natural... it looks like skin. if you get the right shade, it would be hard to discern if you are wearing foundation or not!
I was told I looked so good with no makeup on (and I was wearing this foundation !!:o)
It has a matte finish but not dull, and has a very lightweight feel. It's like having nothing on your skin. I love the sensation.
You don't need to powder it (I do it anyways as I have a nasty T-zone).
I have bought shade 3WO - a warm olive - as I am yellow undertoned, with a NW 15-20 fair/medium skintone, after trying it in the store many times on my hands.
A word of caution: don't be scared upon application as I was when I applied on my face.
At first sight I was freaking out as it SEEMS to go darker (at least one tone darker than what comes out the bottle) but instead of oxidizing more, it went somewhat lighter in shade and matched my skin perfectly. Just let it set dry.
It will look marvellous if you hydrate properly underneath. Lasts for a solid 18 hours without budging.
Please note this has no SPF in it - it has been made with fashion shows in mind so a lot of photoshooting, and as you know SPF gets flashback - so it's very good to use in the evening or for some occasions.
But for the day remember to use SPF underneath (I have to remind this to myself, as sometimes I skip it relying on the SPF contained in the foundation, SPF25 or 35 like in Forever is more than enough in winter...)
Another reason I am such a fan is the packaging: a super lighweight, travel-friendly plastic bottle!
So good to travel with, the bottle is super elegant and the rubbery feel makes you want to play with it forever: in addition it will not be bothered if you drop it on the tiled bathroom floor!
And the tiny nozzle allows you press the correct amount you need (not so easy with a pump); in addition it has 50 ml instead of the regular 30 ml for the same price. For me it ticks all the boxes!

on 11/15/2018 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Okay: i was totally not expecting to love this one so much but damn! it's light, super buildable coverage, super long lasting, gorgeous satin-matte finish and it's pretty affordable (it's dior). over the weekend i went to a music festival and with the crazy sweating and 20 min downpour, all the makeup melted off my face except for the base. I WAS SHOOK.
nonetheless i think this foundation isn't for everyone. i have super oily acne prone skin and it does control the oil. besides the acne, the texture of my skin is pretty good, so i don't have issues with that. i'm currently using a retinoid which causes peeling and purging, so i really have to exfoliate before using this. after moisturiser, i buff the foundation in with a sigma f80 until even. it has a bit of a powdery finish and it's okay to blend powder products over it. to prevent cakiness, i try not to powder and use UD all nighter to set the face. everything sets perfectly and lasts all. day.

on 11/10/2018 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. The texture of it is pretty thin and the coverage is great. Even though I’m a beauty blender or brush user I apply this with my fingers. It melts in to my skin and covers all imperfections but never gets cakey. It’s like a serum with coverage. I’d say it’s high medium coverage but doesn’t look like makeup. I’m no youngster and I have some skin issues. Fine lines. Wrinkles. Redness. This doesn’t settle into lines/wrinkles, covers my redness. And while it’s a matte finish it’s not dry matte is a satin matte. I do powder it because I gave 12-14 hour days. And it stays almost perfect. I just love this stuff.

on 9/27/2018 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Holy grail product for me ! I have combination/oily skin and this is one of the only foundation that stays matte all day, just a little shine after 10+ hours. Looks very natural, like I don’t have foundation on, but covers imperfections pretty well for a light-medium coverage (applied with a dry beauty blender). Don’t settle in my fine line, waterproof (shower, sport or rain) and stays all day, I’m impressed how well it look at the end of the day, pretty good price for 50ml of a Dior foundation. I wear the shade 1N for the moment, in winter I will probably be more a 0N or 0W for a NC15 (Mac) The only negative point is the bottle when the foundation is new, after shaking, a little product comes out alone but this stops after a few uses. The ingredients are not the best (alcool denat, parfum...) but my skin don’t react badly and no breakouts after 1 month of use. I’m happy my research of the perfect foundation is over !

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although it leaks a bit when you first use it, the formula is brilliant here.

If you are into your medium coverage, semi-matte foundations - I think you might really love this one. I have dry skin, so did not know what to expect at first, but as long as I exfoliate/moisturize well and use a moderate amount of product - I truly get picture perfect results. Skin looks like skin, but a much better version of it.

I also like the fact that there are 40 shades in the range; 1.5 N turned out to be a perfect match for my light-neutral complexion. Blended easily, set relatively fast and you can easily use either fingers or brushes to add more/less coverage. It is a very buildable formula, just don't get carried away. I personally do not set it with powder, so if you have normal, combo or even oily skin - I think you will love just how long-wearing this product is. I'll leave a link to my in-depth review for those of you who want more details, application tips and makeup look (https://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/09/05/Dior-Backstage-Face-Body-Foundation-Review). Hope this helps!

I absolutely adore this foundation. I have combination skin which can get very oily in places. It glides in beautifully, minimal effort. Sets to a satin matte finish, one or two layers works for me. Natural but it looks kind of air brushed. It lasts very well with no issues at all. I’m on holiday currently and I pop a bit on before I head to the beach and it lasts all day.
I’ve seen a lot of comments on the scent. I have hugely sensitive eyes and this foundation has not caused me any problems. I couldn’t use GALS for that reason as something in it irritated me. I set the foundation with a touch of hourglass powder and it feels like I’m wearing nothing at all. Love this stuff and will buy again, great price too in my opinion.

I love this foundation. On me it’s a very natural matte finish. On drier skins this would be too matte- but in the summer when I am more oily and wearing a sunscreen underneath I love how it looks. Wears well throughout the day too. I have tried most foundations out there and I am very picky about what I like and this ticks the box for a great long lasting summer foundation.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I jumped on this because I saw that they had olive skin tones in their line up! I have been using Cover FX and even though it is still my go to foundation, I couldn’t resist trying this one by Dior. 2WO is actually a very good match, in fact it is an even BETTER match than my Cover FX in G40. This one has a slightly yellower tone, while Cover FX appears olive- neutral next to it. The package is in a squeeze bottle, unlike the other Dior foundations which are so luxuriously packaged. To me, I don’t find this as a disadvantage because the quality of the product is good, easy to travel with, and the dispenser does its job to where you can squeeze as little or as much as you can (unlike bottle or dropper types). But for others who prefer pumps or want a beautiful bottle, I can see why it may be a turn off to some. The cost is actually cheaper than my Cover FX (44$ vs 40$) which I find surprising considering it is Dior! I have paid upwards to 65-70$ for foundation so being able to get a more affordable foundation is refreshing— meaning, I am not afraid to use what I need! The foundation is creamy, not watery, and I can describe it as medium buildable coverage if you use a beauty-blender. I do like how they put instructions on their box to achieve the look that you want! The finish is more matte than my Cover FX and almost powdery-blurring in nature. I would agree it is skin like but more matte. I do have to use some Marc Jacobs Dew drops (Dew You) if I build this up to give some dimension because it would make me look super matte (too obvious I am wearing makeup). It has good oil control, lasts roughly 8 hours but it does get slightly patchy around the sides of my nose, chin and between my brows. I also make sure my skin is exfoliated because it can make dry patches more obvious. And depending on the type of primer or sunscreen, it sometimes aggregates on certain spots and don’t look so smooth. Don’t get me wrong, I still love this and will keep this in rotation for its finish and shade. It is nice to have because different events call for different looks, it just depends on what look I am going for. Despite its caveats, I still recommend it. It’s like getting the perfect pair of jeans where it may be fitting to some but not to all.