Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation

Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
Backstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyurethane, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium myristoyl glutamate, Glyceryl undecyl dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Aluminum hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, BHT, Tocopherol, CI 19140, CI 42090, CI 77007, CI 77163, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI77891, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Al Lake, Blue 1 Lake

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like this foundation. The finish is quite natural but still covers my redness. I find the longevity excellent, and I have only worn it in steamy summer weather. My skin tends to be dry, but this didn’t cling to my cheeks. It also looked good on my shiny nose.

I absolutely adore this foundation. I have combination skin which can get very oily in places. It glides in beautifully, minimal effort. Sets to a satin matte finish, one or two layers works for me. Natural but it looks kind of air brushed. It lasts very well with no issues at all. I’m on holiday currently and I pop a bit on before I head to the beach and it lasts all day.
I’ve seen a lot of comments on the scent. I have hugely sensitive eyes and this foundation has not caused me any problems. I couldn’t use GALS for that reason as something in it irritated me. I set the foundation with a touch of hourglass powder and it feels like I’m wearing nothing at all. Love this stuff and will buy again, great price too in my opinion.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This foundation oxidises. I bought one in warm olive (4). Too dark. Exchanged it for warm (3). Still looked dark. Now ordering warm (2) so hopefully this one won’t look too dark on me. I love how light it feels and how it looks on my skin. Combined with skin fx matte setting powder, my skin looks flawless even after 7 hrs of wear.

on 7/27/2018 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

i have oily skin and this foundation sucks on my skin. I was more oily and it just felt disgusting on my skin. I wore it couple of times and every time my skin hated it. I dont know how this foundation has such good reviews but it didnt work for my skin.

on 7/24/2018 11:38:00 PM

Love, Love, Love...

I watched the whole meghan- royal- wedding and insta went crazy when Daniel Martin let out the scoop that meghan wore Dior.. I told myself ima gonna get the whole backstage pass on the wedding makeup!!! woo hoo!! .. and I sure did when it launched recently!!! Meghan looked natural with all her freckles coming thru and was nice.

I was matched to 2W and it works like a dream on me. It virtually glided on my skin like butter. I have combo skin and this works well. I use my MAC stippling brush and just blend outwards . It gives you sheer to heavy coverage depending on how much you add. So it goes from sheer to heavy and doesnt look cakey!! Now that's a deal to me!! I've also use this on my decolletage and my skin looks even toned from face to shoulders .

The price is ok for a high end brand.. no issues there. It stayed a good 12 hours on me straight thru work and all nite partying .. im a happy camper. Smells like a scented perfume and nice, but I was not affected at all. No breakouts .. no allergies ..thank goodness !!!

Cons
The packaging. The rubberized bottle looks cheap for a brand like Dior.. Dior compromised on looks but certainly didnt compromise on the quality itself.

Recommend?
Highly ! Buy!!

I'm going to compare the Dior Backstage Face and Body with the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation in this review, mostly because the GA LS is my HG in terms of its finish and how well it photographs, but also because I feel like the hype around the Dior Face and Body being very 'skin-like' puts it in the same class of foundations as the GA LS (which looks almost hyper-real on my skin).

I got matched to the shade 2N in the Dior F&B. I used my fingers to apply the product, starting from the centre of my face, and spreading it out towards the edges, and then patting it in again on top with my fingers to get rid of any streaks. The application was super easy using my fingers, which is something this foundation has in common with the GA LS.

The finish of the foundation right upon application was quite gorgeous, very luminous without being ultra-dewy, and the finish remained pretty much the same after it had set on my face. I would say that the GA LS has a better finish than this foundation, though. It is more luminous, and makes your skin look genuinely healthy. The Dior F&B does that too, but not *as much*. It has a slightly more matte finish compared to the GA LS, and that's with a hydrating primer and moisturiser under it. It also did seem to have some pore-blurring qualities to it as well, which the GA LS does not, but I'm not the best person to report back on that because I don't have many visible pores. It is also most definitely very skin-like and didn't look like I have foundation on at all.

However, the Dior F&B took its sweet time to set, which surprised me because I'd read that you have to work fast with this foundation or it'll set and won't budge after. Mine was pretty tacky and movable after I had done my colour correcting under my eyes and started going in with my concealer on top. Which obviously meant that when I went in with my concealer (miniscule quantities of Tarte Shape, used with fingers again), entire patches of the Dior F&B started pulling off when I was trying to pat in the concealer on top! It was quite weird, but I was able to add some more foundation on top, wait for it to set, and then go in with my concealer with a brush this time and it didn't give me any problems. I've never run into this problem with my GA LS; I have layered several products over it with my fingers without it coming away from my face or moving around. Hey, but the good news is that the Dior F&B is definitely buildable! But then again, so is the GA LS...

So far, so okay. I powdered on top, did the rest of my makeup, set everything with a setting spray, and I was done. Overall, I saw that my face was looking a little more matte than I am used to with the GA LS, but it was still quite healthy-looking and luminous, and the rest of my products layered on top of the foundation without any problems once it had set.

However, once I started looking at my face in my magnifying mirror (I do that once I've finished my makeup, to catch any mistakes or whatever), I could definitely see that people with dry skin will perhaps not like this product. I take extremely good care of my skin, keep it exfoliated and moisturised, and my skin is more combination to normal than anything, but somehow this foundation found tiny dry bits on my face that I didn't even know I had and sort of clung to them, or started breaking apart around them. It wasn't obvious at all without a magnifying mirror, but it was a little weird still. I would say though that the GA LS is only slightly more forgiving in this regard, really, because it is also not very friendly towards dry bits on your face either.

On to how the foundation wore throughout the night. I live in the Middle East, it was 37 degrees Celsius out, and we were going to be partying in a club and getting all sweaty and gross. And yet, somehow, I only needed to blot my face ONCE during this entire time of walking around in very hot parking lots to get to the club, and dancing to at least 20 to 30 songs once inside. The foundation truly doesn't budge once it has set! Hallelujah! My oily T-zone was shine-free throughout the night! This is a huge deal because even the YSL All-Hours would break apart on my T-zone after partying. So definitely a thumbs up to the Dior for managing to do what multiple primers and foundations together have failed to do before. My GA LS would have dissolved and disappeared in this situation hours before, so the Dior F&B is definitely kicking ass in terms of longevity here.

A few things that I forgot to add before: the scent of the Dior F&B really bothered me at first. It was almost overwhelming, and I'm only very mildly sensitive to scents. It didn't irritate my skin, but it was definitely unnecessary and has the potential to irritate sensitive skins. The scent goes away after a while, but it's annoying while it lasts, especially if you're sensitive to that kind of stuff. The GA LS doesn't have an overwhelming scent, and doesn't irritate my skin as well, but both products have high quantities of alcohol in them, so if your skin can't tolerate that, keep far, far away from both of them.

Also, the Dior is properly cheap compared to the GA LS. And you get more product. And I know Wayne Goss said recently in one of his videos that that doesn't mean anything because you'll burn through it faster because of its sheer coverage, but I don't agree with that. I think it's pretty similar to the GA LS in terms of coverage, and one bottle of that lasts me a good year and a half.

Would I recommend this product? Sure. I do like it, I am happy I bought it, especially because of its longevity while it looks skin-like, but will it replace my LS? Nope. Not even by a mile. I'll probably end up mixing both to achieve the ultimate foundation for myself, but at the end of the day, even though I will repurchase this, I'm pretty sure I'll be back to using my LS as soon as the weather gets better just for its finish and how beautiful it ma

I love this foundation. On me it’s a very natural matte finish. On drier skins this would be too matte- but in the summer when I am more oily and wearing a sunscreen underneath I love how it looks. Wears well throughout the day too. I have tried most foundations out there and I am very picky about what I like and this ticks the box for a great long lasting summer foundation.

on 7/16/2018 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have currently been on a foundation testing kick, trying everything under the sun. This foundation was one of them.

I'm a NC20 with very yellow undertones. I tried this with a sample of 1N. The color looks very pink in the bottle but changed a bit on my skin and looked fine, tone-wise.

Everyone mentioned a scent, and I'm highly sensitive to scents, but barely noticed one with this, even upon application.

I applied it with a RT brush, since brush application was recommended. I think it applied very well, thin and lightweight, I was surprised, since my oily but dry skin prefers a damp sponge.

However, from there, it went a bit mediocre. I found that areas got very dry, and when I went to fix the dryness, the foundation woukd just flake off with the skin. I applied this over Smashbox primerizer, a more moisturizing primer, yet it still flaked in spots. A little did go a long way.

By noon, my face was getting too shiny for my liking so I washed it off, and found myself with a small breakout forming on my chin already. I find this bipolar foundation; it goes on smooth but dries fast on the skin. But then after an hour or two, becomes oily (on my skin).

Since I had been testing different foundations, I can say that this foundation looked identical on my skin as the CoverGirl Ready Set, Gorgeous foundation I wore just the day before. Starts out matte but becomes more natural finish on the skin. Save yourself some $$$ and try that first!!

Anyone wants my Dior sample to try, let me know, since I wont use it again! Glad to give it away.

on 7/15/2018 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought the Dior backstage foundation about a week ago and I’ve tried everything to make it work. I’ve tried exfoliating, cleansing, all different types of primers, hydration creams etc etc. however for me it is way too drying. I’m only 20 years old and this foundation gives me crows feet and laughing lines because it’s so dry...
The coverage level is light and i think it could look quite natural on someone with oily skin, for me it looked very chalky. My skin isn’t even THAT dry - I will never get patches of dry skin or anything like that but if I didn’t moisturise I probably would...
Overall I definitely do not recommend to someone with dry skin, if you have oily skin get a tester before buying!!!!
Ps. I got the colour 3 Warm

on 7/11/2018 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This sat TERRIBLY on my skin! I am probably one of the few people that this did not work for at all. Everyone seems to love this, maybe it's just the PR machine.

I tried to make this work so much. I applied it with no primer, hydrating primer, mattifying primer, brush, beauty blender, fingers, I tried it all. This looked so dry and chalky on me. Maybe my skin is too dry right now for this foundation to work.

This colour match was nice, 0W for NC10-15. The packaging was fine. It's fragranced and I think that was the main problem with it, the alcohol in this is very high in the ingredients list and that made it break up and separate on my skin, sink into all my lines.

I like a matte finish even though I am on the dry side, but this looked awful on me. I returned it. If you have dry skin, I'd be weary of this, oily skin people seem to love it.