Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation

Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
Backstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body Foundation

3.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Giving this two stars because when first applied it was the most gorgeous finish I've ever seen. It evened out my complexion but still looked exactly like bare skin and it wasn't too matte or too dewy.

However, two hours later it had started separating around my entire face and oxidized. By the end of the day my face was covered in whiteheads and clogged pores. I resembled my early high school days before I took Accutane. So if you have normal skin that is not acne prone I recommend this, otherwise it's a total bust.

I'm torn on the packaging. On one hand I love how it holds more than a standard foundation but is still streamlined and takes up less space. On the other hand, because it is a squeeze tube and the formula is very thin the foundation would get these air bubbles that made it leak out if you shook it as directed.

on 9/27/2018 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Holy grail product for me ! I have combination/oily skin and this is one of the only foundation that stays matte all day, just a little shine after 10+ hours. Looks very natural, like I don’t have foundation on, but covers imperfections pretty well for a light-medium coverage (applied with a dry beauty blender). Don’t settle in my fine line, waterproof (shower, sport or rain) and stays all day, I’m impressed how well it look at the end of the day, pretty good price for 50ml of a Dior foundation. I wear the shade 1N for the moment, in winter I will probably be more a 0N or 0W for a NC15 (Mac) The only negative point is the bottle when the foundation is new, after shaking, a little product comes out alone but this stops after a few uses. The ingredients are not the best (alcool denat, parfum...) but my skin don’t react badly and no breakouts after 1 month of use. I’m happy my research of the perfect foundation is over !

on 9/26/2018 8:10:00 PM

Meh, very basic formula better for young, unlined complexions, not for dry skin. Its very thin but you need a few layers. I could not find a colour match, its either too yellow or too pink. I prefer some treatment ingredients but this has none. Its not as wearing as Revlon colorstay, which i love and is not as sophisticated at Shiseido Synchro skin, which is far better in formulation. I gave this away, it just didn't look like a high end foundation. Pls try, I would describe this as nothing special, better than no foundation.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is like the higher coverage version of MAC Face & Body but for oily skin. It controlled my oil well, keeping me fresh and matte all day! Impressed with how it wore. So lightweight!

I don't like the packaging; I find it gets messy quickly.

The coverage is beautiful and makes your skin look velvety smooth. I would recommend, mainly because the price makes it a pretty good deal compared to other high-end foundations.

on 9/23/2018 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is not like MAC or MUFE f&b foundations. Those melt into the skin and don't have that silicony formula that almost every other foundations have. It's what sets them apart. I would say this foundation is extremely similar to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua but slightly more matte, so somewhere in between Vitalumiere Aqua and Perfection Velvet. It also has that slightly floral scent like the Chanel.

It's a decent foundation for those with normal to combo skin but nothing extraordinary. Excellent color selection and decent for every day. Photographs well because no spf.

On another note, I bought this with the Dior Forever and Ever primer and the two are so incompatible! It caused the foundation to sit on top of the skin evidently and slide around, wipe right off. I tried with the Nars Radiance primer and it works much better. Also just on top of regular moisturizer and it works well too.

on 9/18/2018 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I am very disappointed by this DIOR foundation. It has very light coverage. If I want to build it to medium, it looks cakey on me.
My oil breaks through by 3 hours of wear even with a primer. Price is reasonable for 50ml, but you need a lot for one application.

on 9/9/2018 6:26:00 AM

This is a very simple basic formula that is packaged in a minimalistic simple bottle that is 1.7 oz/50 ml. Yet Dior achieves excellent aesthetics for both the packaging and for the finish of the product on the skin.

The foundation does apply fairly easily, is buildable and settles well. However, I find it a bit too "wet" and not as dry as the Armani Luminous Silk foundation after it has settled on the skin. It also oxidizes much more than it should.

The finish is natural (but letting almost no skin through even when applied in a very thin layer) unlike the Armani LS that lets the skin naturally come through, lending an exceptionally natural finish to the skin.

As it has been pointed out by a previous reviewer that the Armani LS has a more luminous and natural finish. It also contains a natural emulsifier (and an excellent hypoallergenic emollient) that does hydrate the skin, while the product from Dior is based solely on a silicone emulsifier and silicone oils, yet it feels heavier and more hydrating on the skin, but somehow not in a good way.

It sadly also caused blemishes on the site of application.

I find this foundation nice on the skin even after several hours it is in place and with minimal shine. That being said, I find this "shine" harsher than the one from the Armani LS which is more flattering even though this shine tends to appear faster on my skin when using the Armani LS.

I also find the colour range of Dior dark, also because the colours do oxidize fairly quickly after application.
In the summer/early autumn I use 7 (neutral) in Armani LS but the number 3.5 (neutral) and 3 (warm) in Dior Backstage are way too dark (and the numer 3 is way too yellow) even with a summer tan.

I also find that a fragrance-free product would have been a better choice. Unfortunately while the fragrance is not prominent, it does linger even after several hours after application and I do find it disturbing.

Maybe sunscreen should have been included?

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyurethane-35, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, BHT, Tocopherol

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Horrible grandma scent, emphasizes texture. Even with a wide shade range I could not match my shade.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although it leaks a bit when you first use it, the formula is brilliant here.

If you are into your medium coverage, semi-matte foundations - I think you might really love this one. I have dry skin, so did not know what to expect at first, but as long as I exfoliate/moisturize well and use a moderate amount of product - I truly get picture perfect results. Skin looks like skin, but a much better version of it.

I also like the fact that there are 40 shades in the range; 1.5 N turned out to be a perfect match for my light-neutral complexion. Blended easily, set relatively fast and you can easily use either fingers or brushes to add more/less coverage. It is a very buildable formula, just don't get carried away. I personally do not set it with powder, so if you have normal, combo or even oily skin - I think you will love just how long-wearing this product is. I'll leave a link to my in-depth review for those of you who want more details, application tips and makeup look (https://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/09/05/Dior-Backstage-Face-Body-Foundation-Review). Hope this helps!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I just want to say HALLELUJAH

Dior FINALLY FINALLY after years and years (seriously like 10years) of waiting... has released shades that are light enough for my fair skintone.

I don't even care about the formula and the foundation. I'm just so happy Dior finally has a shade range greater than 7 shades. What a miracle 2018 is!! What took them so long? Chanel can you please do this too?