Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation

Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
Backstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body Foundation

3.3

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyurethane-35, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, BHT, Tocopherol

on 12/11/2018 4:13:00 PM

I tried this base because the lady at sephora recomended it and I have to say THANK YOU BEAUTIFUL LADY! I have combination skin and for my everyday I like a sheer coverage, but every base I’ve tried ends up dissapearing by the end of the day on my T-zone, but this stayed with me until the very end, even though I was on a rush and didn’t set it or used a primer underneath (just my daily moisturizer and a spritz of rose water). This make up melts on my skin like heaven and it’s nearly invisible. It does cling on some dry spots around my nose so prepped skin is necessary. I wouldn’t personally recomend this for people with dry skin, but you can always try different ways until you find one that works for you. Also, though it says you can build coverage, to me, it doesn’t seem like a very good idea (haven’t tried it but it’s so thin I could mess it up i so many ways, since I’m fairly new to make-up), so I would go for a high coverage base instead. Finally, about the ingredients, I do have somewhat sensitive skin, but haven’t had any problems, though I’ve only had it for a few days. Do get a tester first because it seems to be common to get skin issues. TL;DR sheer coverage, great durability, not for dry skin, harsh ingredients so test first

on 12/8/2018 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this based on the rave reviews on youtube. I always wanted foundation that is lightweight with just little bit of coverage, meanwhile it gotta work on my oily skin ;) This worked great in the beginning, even though the color i chose (#2 warm olive) is slightly too dark for me (NC25/shiseido O40). But later on I noticed my skin seems a bit dull by midday, friends at work keep telling me i look tired whenever Im wearing this foundation. My face also seems to start to get oily within 3-4 hours.

Packaging is cute and clean basically, in a basic bottle. However, you MUST open the cap first and cover the opening of the bottle when you shake it. Otherwise it will be all over the place when you remove the cap.

Overall I dont think I will repurchase. Im just not wow by how it makes me look tired in just few hours lol plus it got no spf, so i gotta put on another extra layer of spf underneath.

on 11/15/2018 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Okay: i was totally not expecting to love this one so much but damn! it's light, super buildable coverage, super long lasting, gorgeous satin-matte finish and it's pretty affordable (it's dior). over the weekend i went to a music festival and with the crazy sweating and 20 min downpour, all the makeup melted off my face except for the base. I WAS SHOOK.
nonetheless i think this foundation isn't for everyone. i have super oily acne prone skin and it does control the oil. besides the acne, the texture of my skin is pretty good, so i don't have issues with that. i'm currently using a retinoid which causes peeling and purging, so i really have to exfoliate before using this. after moisturiser, i buff the foundation in with a sigma f80 until even. it has a bit of a powdery finish and it's okay to blend powder products over it. to prevent cakiness, i try not to powder and use UD all nighter to set the face. everything sets perfectly and lasts all. day.

on 11/10/2018 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. The texture of it is pretty thin and the coverage is great. Even though I’m a beauty blender or brush user I apply this with my fingers. It melts in to my skin and covers all imperfections but never gets cakey. It’s like a serum with coverage. I’d say it’s high medium coverage but doesn’t look like makeup. I’m no youngster and I have some skin issues. Fine lines. Wrinkles. Redness. This doesn’t settle into lines/wrinkles, covers my redness. And while it’s a matte finish it’s not dry matte is a satin matte. I do powder it because I gave 12-14 hour days. And it stays almost perfect. I just love this stuff.

on 11/9/2018 9:18:00 PM

I hate that this doesent have a pump and that it is sooo incredibly fragranced but since I have started retinol prescription no foundation adheres to my face. I have 48 of them sitting in my make up drawer from drug store to high end in every finish. I was starting to get so depressed because nothing was working anymore and I was trying so much new ones with all kinds of primers and moisturizers and setting sprays. It went on and on. I tried this in desperation and didn’t have a lot of hope bcus it is supposed to be matte and I now have dry skins due to retinol. But it sits and lasts sooo beautifully, it’s the only foundation that is adhered to my skin and sinking into everything. The only drawback is the fragrance as it is sooo incredibly strong which doesent Offend my senses but it must be doing note damage to my skin so sadly I only wear this when I really need to wear foundation. For now my skin is going makeup free ugh

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Giving this two stars because when first applied it was the most gorgeous finish I've ever seen. It evened out my complexion but still looked exactly like bare skin and it wasn't too matte or too dewy.

However, two hours later it had started separating around my entire face and oxidized. By the end of the day my face was covered in whiteheads and clogged pores. I resembled my early high school days before I took Accutane. So if you have normal skin that is not acne prone I recommend this, otherwise it's a total bust.

I'm torn on the packaging. On one hand I love how it holds more than a standard foundation but is still streamlined and takes up less space. On the other hand, because it is a squeeze tube and the formula is very thin the foundation would get these air bubbles that made it leak out if you shook it as directed.

on 9/27/2018 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Holy grail product for me ! I have combination/oily skin and this is one of the only foundation that stays matte all day, just a little shine after 10+ hours. Looks very natural, like I don’t have foundation on, but covers imperfections pretty well for a light-medium coverage (applied with a dry beauty blender). Don’t settle in my fine line, waterproof (shower, sport or rain) and stays all day, I’m impressed how well it look at the end of the day, pretty good price for 50ml of a Dior foundation. I wear the shade 1N for the moment, in winter I will probably be more a 0N or 0W for a NC15 (Mac) The only negative point is the bottle when the foundation is new, after shaking, a little product comes out alone but this stops after a few uses. The ingredients are not the best (alcool denat, parfum...) but my skin don’t react badly and no breakouts after 1 month of use. I’m happy my research of the perfect foundation is over !

on 9/26/2018 8:10:00 PM

Meh, very basic formula better for young, unlined complexions, not for dry skin. Its very thin but you need a few layers. I could not find a colour match, its either too yellow or too pink. I prefer some treatment ingredients but this has none. Its not as wearing as Revlon colorstay, which i love and is not as sophisticated at Shiseido Synchro skin, which is far better in formulation. I gave this away, it just didn't look like a high end foundation. Pls try, I would describe this as nothing special, better than no foundation.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is like the higher coverage version of MAC Face & Body but for oily skin. It controlled my oil well, keeping me fresh and matte all day! Impressed with how it wore. So lightweight!

I don't like the packaging; I find it gets messy quickly.

The coverage is beautiful and makes your skin look velvety smooth. I would recommend, mainly because the price makes it a pretty good deal compared to other high-end foundations.

on 9/23/2018 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is not like MAC or MUFE f&b foundations. Those melt into the skin and don't have that silicony formula that almost every other foundations have. It's what sets them apart. I would say this foundation is extremely similar to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua but slightly more matte, so somewhere in between Vitalumiere Aqua and Perfection Velvet. It also has that slightly floral scent like the Chanel.

It's a decent foundation for those with normal to combo skin but nothing extraordinary. Excellent color selection and decent for every day. Photographs well because no spf.

On another note, I bought this with the Dior Forever and Ever primer and the two are so incompatible! It caused the foundation to sit on top of the skin evidently and slide around, wipe right off. I tried with the Nars Radiance primer and it works much better. Also just on top of regular moisturizer and it works well too.