Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
Backstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyurethane-35, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, BHT, Tocopherol

on 3/30/2019 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

UPDATE: WHILE I LOVE THE COLOR MATCH AND CONSISTENCY OF THIS FOUNDATION, SADLY IT BROKE ME OUT. I WAS HOPING IT WASN'T THE FOUNDATION AND I DID A PROCESS OF ELIMINATION OF PRODUCTS (SKIN CARE AND MAKEUP) TO BE SURE. I USED THE FOUNDATION FOR ALMOST A MONTH AND MY SKIN JUST WASN'T HAVING IT:( ONCE I READ THE INGREDIENT LIST IT MADE SENSE. IT WAS A GRADUAL PROCESS STARTING WITH VERY SMALL SPOTS AND AREAS OF IRRITATION (NOT ALL AT ONCE) AND EVENTUALLY ENDED UP ALL OVER MY CHIN, NOSE AND CHEEKS (VERY MINIMALLY ON MY FOREHEAD WHICH IS WHERE I APPLIED IT THE LIGHTEST). I DID FIND A SUITABLE ALTERNATIVE IN COVER FX (SHADE G+40) WHICH IS EQUALLY STUNNING EXCEPT WITHOUT ALL THE HARSH INGREDIENTS (FORMULAS ARE VEGAN AND CLEAN).

Love, love, love this foundation for many reasons, but specifically because I found my perfect shade (2WO). Light/medium warm olive skin is notoriously difficult to color match. There just aren’t a lot of options out there for my skin tone and I end up having to settle with what I hate the least in foundations. Not this one. It’s buildable without being cakey, not matte nor dewey, but rather a nice satin finish on my skin (I’m mostly dry with slight combo in T-zone). I apply with a sponge as that’s my favorite method of applying. Even though there isn’t a pump (it’s similar packaging to Mac’s Face and Body) I can gauge pretty well what a pump is for me and one “pump” (pour) applied with my sponge covers my entire face with coverage similar to a tinted moisturizer or bb cream. A second pour gives me beautiful medium coverage. If I’m having a bad allergy day and fussing with my nose then inevitably it will disappear from that area or get a little patchy, but that’s true for any foundation. I have tried many, many foundations over the years, both high-end and drug store, and have not had one not get patchy or disappear after wiping my mouth with a napkin or blowing my nose throughout the day. I don’t set it with anything after applying because of my dry skin and it still looks beautiful at the end of my work day. It doesn’t transfer during everyday tasks such as talking on the phone or hugging someone. I can’t say enough about this foundation and thank you hardly seems like enough, but thank you Dior for this amazing product; it’s my holy grail foundation. P.S. it photographs beautifully:)

on 3/17/2019 7:15:00 AM

Let me start by saying I have combo skin (dry-oily), I am on my thirties and I live in a humid place.
This is one of those products i have mixed feelings about after several months using it.
I love the shade range, the medium coverage and how well it wears on those days that you feel your face melting due to heat and sweat.
From the begining I didnt like the wear time ( around 4-5 Hours in my case) and that it wasnt sponge friendly ( my favourite way of applying foundation).
However, during these last months of a very mild winter I have used it several times and been horrified of how patchy it looks and dissapears from my face. I even did a wear test one day ( stayed at home most of the day, running only 2 errands that didnt raje me more than an hour) and looking at my face every hour for 6 hours without another stich of make up on showed me that I wasnt freaking out for nothing. After only 2 hours i could see patches around my nose and chin. At three in my cheeks... at 4 it was a complete mess!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I think this foundation hasn't the proper fan base it deserves, because it is a very good one.
With a tremendous 60 shades selection....you will find the shade you need. *As a side note, Dior Star and Dior Nude ranges no longer exist (my beauty rep at Sephora confirmed me that they had to send back all the bottles and testers of these ones, to my big dismay as I loved both !).
Yes, Backstage is a light to medium coverage foundation, with an adjustable and layerable coverage.
On good skin days you can go w/ one layer, in ,my case i do 2 layers. It covers my hyperpigmenation quite well - but not entierely as EL Double Wear or Forever Undercover would do - but the effect is so natural... it looks like skin. if you get the right shade, it would be hard to discern if you are wearing foundation or not!
I was told I looked so good with no makeup on (and I was wearing this foundation !!:o)
It has a matte finish but not dull, and has a very lightweight feel. It's like having nothing on your skin. I love the sensation.
You don't need to powder it (I do it anyways as I have a nasty T-zone).
I have bought shade 3WO - a warm olive - as I am yellow undertoned, with a NW 15-20 fair/medium skintone, after trying it in the store many times on my hands.
A word of caution: don't be scared upon application as I was when I applied on my face.
At first sight I was freaking out as it SEEMS to go darker (at least one tone darker than what comes out the bottle) but instead of oxidizing more, it went somewhat lighter in shade and matched my skin perfectly. Just let it set dry.
It will look marvellous if you hydrate properly underneath. Lasts for a solid 18 hours without budging.
Please note this has no SPF in it - it has been made with fashion shows in mind so a lot of photoshooting, and as you know SPF gets flashback - so it's very good to use in the evening or for some occasions.
But for the day remember to use SPF underneath (I have to remind this to myself, as sometimes I skip it relying on the SPF contained in the foundation, SPF25 or 35 like in Forever is more than enough in winter...)
Another reason I am such a fan is the packaging: a super lighweight, travel-friendly plastic bottle!
So good to travel with, the bottle is super elegant and the rubbery feel makes you want to play with it forever: in addition it will not be bothered if you drop it on the tiled bathroom floor!
And the tiny nozzle allows you press the correct amount you need (not so easy with a pump); in addition it has 50 ml instead of the regular 30 ml for the same price. For me it ticks all the boxes!

on 12/8/2018 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this based on the rave reviews on youtube. I always wanted foundation that is lightweight with just little bit of coverage, meanwhile it gotta work on my oily skin ;) This worked great in the beginning, even though the color i chose (#2 warm olive) is slightly too dark for me (NC25/shiseido O40). But later on I noticed my skin seems a bit dull by midday, friends at work keep telling me i look tired whenever Im wearing this foundation. My face also seems to start to get oily within 3-4 hours.

Packaging is cute and clean basically, in a basic bottle. However, you MUST open the cap first and cover the opening of the bottle when you shake it. Otherwise it will be all over the place when you remove the cap.

Overall I dont think I will repurchase. Im just not wow by how it makes me look tired in just few hours lol plus it got no spf, so i gotta put on another extra layer of spf underneath.

on 9/26/2018 8:10:00 PM

Meh, very basic formula better for young, unlined complexions, not for dry skin. Its very thin but you need a few layers. I could not find a colour match, its either too yellow or too pink. I prefer some treatment ingredients but this has none. Its not as wearing as Revlon colorstay, which i love and is not as sophisticated at Shiseido Synchro skin, which is far better in formulation. I gave this away, it just didn't look like a high end foundation. Pls try, I would describe this as nothing special, better than no foundation.

on 8/30/2018 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this foundation! Looks beautiful on my dry skin. I love the look of it and the lasting power, shade range, but took off a lippie because I really only got it to work using a very precise application method, which is also quite time-consuming, so if I’m in a hurry, this would certainly not be my go-to foundation. The method goes like this:

I apply a thick sunscreen for my dry skin, then immediately apply a light layer of this using my fingers. I give it a few minutes to set then go in with a second layer to spot conceal my problem areas. Then I give that another few minutes to set, then dab those areas with a flat top kabuki brush. That’s when I reach perfection with this, then apply a setting powder. The result really is perfect, but as mentioned earlier, is time-consuming.

I haven’t tried this in the winter though, so that’ll be the ultimate test for my dry skin. I will update this post once I’ve had a chance to wear this for a while in the winter weather.

on 8/28/2018 10:58:00 PM

I wanted to love this foundation. I was looking for something that would feel light on the skin and last all day. Sadly this foundation made me breakout immediately. I have highly sensitive skin and the strong perfume smell was not pleasing. If they can make this foundation with cleaner ingredients, then I would consider trying it again. For the price and brand, I expected more.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like this foundation. The finish is quite natural but still covers my redness. I find the longevity excellent, and I have only worn it in steamy summer weather. My skin tends to be dry, but this didn’t cling to my cheeks. It also looked good on my shiny nose.

on 7/16/2018 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have currently been on a foundation testing kick, trying everything under the sun. This foundation was one of them.

I'm a NC20 with very yellow undertones. I tried this with a sample of 1N. The color looks very pink in the bottle but changed a bit on my skin and looked fine, tone-wise.

Everyone mentioned a scent, and I'm highly sensitive to scents, but barely noticed one with this, even upon application.

I applied it with a RT brush, since brush application was recommended. I think it applied very well, thin and lightweight, I was surprised, since my oily but dry skin prefers a damp sponge.

However, from there, it went a bit mediocre. I found that areas got very dry, and when I went to fix the dryness, the foundation woukd just flake off with the skin. I applied this over Smashbox primerizer, a more moisturizing primer, yet it still flaked in spots. A little did go a long way.

By noon, my face was getting too shiny for my liking so I washed it off, and found myself with a small breakout forming on my chin already. I find this bipolar foundation; it goes on smooth but dries fast on the skin. But then after an hour or two, becomes oily (on my skin).

Since I had been testing different foundations, I can say that this foundation looked identical on my skin as the CoverGirl Ready Set, Gorgeous foundation I wore just the day before. Starts out matte but becomes more natural finish on the skin. Save yourself some $$$ and try that first!!

Anyone wants my Dior sample to try, let me know, since I wont use it again! Glad to give it away.

on 7/11/2018 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is one of my go-to's. I wear it all the time overtop of tarte shape tape. I like that it sets pretty quickly, is matte and looks natural on my skin. The coverage is so-so, but I can get more coverage if I build it up.

The packaging is nice, but inside the cap it gets pretty messy and grubby looking over time. You get a lot too so that's nice.

Also, unlike most foundation, I can get a decent shade match out of this. If you are pale with a yellow undertone you may like this in W0, their lightest shade.