Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation

Filtered by age: 30-35
Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
Backstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyurethane-35, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, BHT, Tocopherol

on 4/13/2019 8:32:00 PM

This product confuses me. I have oily skin and I do like how it looks after initial application. It applies wonderfully and looks great for the first half of my day (about 5 hours). This is where it won the extra lippie.

Where it lost all other lippies is that by after lunch my oils break through and this looks greasy. I might just have weird skin because this is supposed to be a oily skin dream - but it just doesn’t work. On top of it I notice once my oils come through, it combines with the foundation and oxidizes on me. It also disappears on my chin and lower cheeks (the area starting below my contour). I’ve tested this for months and been very good about not touching my face or that area so I know it isn’t that. I’ve also tried with different primers and powders - I haven’t had luck. What’s worse is that because it oxidizes, everything contour up is darker and oily looking, while below my contour is basically my skin. Even my husband asked what was going on with my face makeup when I got home from work and he rarely notices stuff like that!

I have to say this was a major miss for me because of all the surrounding hype and price tag. I can’t personally recommend this to anyone.

on 11/9/2018 9:18:00 PM

I hate that this doesent have a pump and that it is sooo incredibly fragranced but since I have started retinol prescription no foundation adheres to my face. I have 48 of them sitting in my make up drawer from drug store to high end in every finish. I was starting to get so depressed because nothing was working anymore and I was trying so much new ones with all kinds of primers and moisturizers and setting sprays. It went on and on. I tried this in desperation and didn’t have a lot of hope bcus it is supposed to be matte and I now have dry skins due to retinol. But it sits and lasts sooo beautifully, it’s the only foundation that is adhered to my skin and sinking into everything. The only drawback is the fragrance as it is sooo incredibly strong which doesent Offend my senses but it must be doing note damage to my skin so sadly I only wear this when I really need to wear foundation. For now my skin is going makeup free ugh

on 9/27/2018 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Holy grail product for me ! I have combination/oily skin and this is one of the only foundation that stays matte all day, just a little shine after 10+ hours. Looks very natural, like I don’t have foundation on, but covers imperfections pretty well for a light-medium coverage (applied with a dry beauty blender). Don’t settle in my fine line, waterproof (shower, sport or rain) and stays all day, I’m impressed how well it look at the end of the day, pretty good price for 50ml of a Dior foundation. I wear the shade 1N for the moment, in winter I will probably be more a 0N or 0W for a NC15 (Mac) The only negative point is the bottle when the foundation is new, after shaking, a little product comes out alone but this stops after a few uses. The ingredients are not the best (alcool denat, parfum...) but my skin don’t react badly and no breakouts after 1 month of use. I’m happy my research of the perfect foundation is over !

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is like the higher coverage version of MAC Face & Body but for oily skin. It controlled my oil well, keeping me fresh and matte all day! Impressed with how it wore. So lightweight!

I don't like the packaging; I find it gets messy quickly.

The coverage is beautiful and makes your skin look velvety smooth. I would recommend, mainly because the price makes it a pretty good deal compared to other high-end foundations.

on 9/23/2018 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is not like MAC or MUFE f&b foundations. Those melt into the skin and don't have that silicony formula that almost every other foundations have. It's what sets them apart. I would say this foundation is extremely similar to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua but slightly more matte, so somewhere in between Vitalumiere Aqua and Perfection Velvet. It also has that slightly floral scent like the Chanel.

It's a decent foundation for those with normal to combo skin but nothing extraordinary. Excellent color selection and decent for every day. Photographs well because no spf.

On another note, I bought this with the Dior Forever and Ever primer and the two are so incompatible! It caused the foundation to sit on top of the skin evidently and slide around, wipe right off. I tried with the Nars Radiance primer and it works much better. Also just on top of regular moisturizer and it works well too.

This is Dior , so I hope to get DIOR standard , this product is not high end foundation, it is more like a quality of a middle range brands.
It sits on my skin, just like cheap foundation does.
In drugstore foundation, I can never get color that i want.
On middle range foundation, I hate the quality and the texture of the products.
In this foundation, I can work the color, but seriously I hate the texture.
I really don't like this foundation.

I absolutely adore this foundation. I have combination skin which can get very oily in places. It glides in beautifully, minimal effort. Sets to a satin matte finish, one or two layers works for me. Natural but it looks kind of air brushed. It lasts very well with no issues at all. I’m on holiday currently and I pop a bit on before I head to the beach and it lasts all day.
I’ve seen a lot of comments on the scent. I have hugely sensitive eyes and this foundation has not caused me any problems. I couldn’t use GALS for that reason as something in it irritated me. I set the foundation with a touch of hourglass powder and it feels like I’m wearing nothing at all. Love this stuff and will buy again, great price too in my opinion.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This foundation oxidises. I bought one in warm olive (4). Too dark. Exchanged it for warm (3). Still looked dark. Now ordering warm (2) so hopefully this one won’t look too dark on me. I love how light it feels and how it looks on my skin. Combined with skin fx matte setting powder, my skin looks flawless even after 7 hrs of wear.

on 7/27/2018 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

i have oily skin and this foundation sucks on my skin. I was more oily and it just felt disgusting on my skin. I wore it couple of times and every time my skin hated it. I dont know how this foundation has such good reviews but it didnt work for my skin.

I love this foundation. On me it’s a very natural matte finish. On drier skins this would be too matte- but in the summer when I am more oily and wearing a sunscreen underneath I love how it looks. Wears well throughout the day too. I have tried most foundations out there and I am very picky about what I like and this ticks the box for a great long lasting summer foundation.