Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation

Filtered by age: 25-29
Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
Backstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body Foundation

2.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyurethane-35, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, BHT, Tocopherol

on 4/13/2019 10:09:00 PM

This foundation is good it is light on skin but will not suit oily skin

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have Combo Skin with an extremely oily T-Zone with an Asian Olive complexion. I have the W3 and am about NW30-35.

Pros:
- It is a great natural looking foundation; my partner approves of it and saids it evens out my skin and makes it look so healthy (he knows nothing of makeup so if he loves my skin when I'm wearing this foundation then it's a thumbs up for me).
- Light buildable coverage - would not recommend for someone who wants full glam coverage.
- Sturdy packaging but because the foundation is so runny, you get foundation gunk outside the nozzle and will have to wipe it but very travel friendly.
- You get 50ml instead of the average 30ml, since I don't like full coverage, I only use 1 layer so this will last me a while.
- Gives you a satin/matte finish and feels quite silicone-y in texture when you apply it.
- Does not oxidse (I always go a shade lighter than my neck and adjust with bronzer, that way, you can never go wrong).
- Long wear, did not break up on my face although can settle in to smile lines.
- I got shiny (not sweaty) on my T-Zone (which is inevitable for me) but wasn't too bad, nothing powder can't fix.

Cons:
- It is stupidly expensive for a foundation.
- I do not recommend this for someone with sensitive skin; it has alcohol which can argivate the skin, numerous silicone based products which can clog up pores (Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone), it is very Fragence based (Phenoxyethanol, BHT & Other Perfume Frangrances) and numerous allergens (Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol).
- It has a strong Grandma's house mixed with artifical flowers smell when you put it on.
- Would not recommend this as an everyday foundation as I feel it will break me out, I will have to thoroughly wash this off every use.
- I would prep the skin quite well before use so that it doesn't exaggerate dry skin, enlarge pores and oil control.

Overall:
- I would repurchase but will only use it for special occasions as it's so beautiful on but so full of ingredients which is not good for regular use.
- If you are looking for affordable alternatives, I would go for Essence #insta perfect liquid makeup or the Nyx Total Control Drop Foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Giving this two stars because when first applied it was the most gorgeous finish I've ever seen. It evened out my complexion but still looked exactly like bare skin and it wasn't too matte or too dewy.

However, two hours later it had started separating around my entire face and oxidized. By the end of the day my face was covered in whiteheads and clogged pores. I resembled my early high school days before I took Accutane. So if you have normal skin that is not acne prone I recommend this, otherwise it's a total bust.

I'm torn on the packaging. On one hand I love how it holds more than a standard foundation but is still streamlined and takes up less space. On the other hand, because it is a squeeze tube and the formula is very thin the foundation would get these air bubbles that made it leak out if you shook it as directed.

on 9/18/2018 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I am very disappointed by this DIOR foundation. It has very light coverage. If I want to build it to medium, it looks cakey on me.
My oil breaks through by 3 hours of wear even with a primer. Price is reasonable for 50ml, but you need a lot for one application.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although it leaks a bit when you first use it, the formula is brilliant here.

If you are into your medium coverage, semi-matte foundations - I think you might really love this one. I have dry skin, so did not know what to expect at first, but as long as I exfoliate/moisturize well and use a moderate amount of product - I truly get picture perfect results. Skin looks like skin, but a much better version of it.

I also like the fact that there are 40 shades in the range; 1.5 N turned out to be a perfect match for my light-neutral complexion. Blended easily, set relatively fast and you can easily use either fingers or brushes to add more/less coverage. It is a very buildable formula, just don't get carried away. I personally do not set it with powder, so if you have normal, combo or even oily skin - I think you will love just how long-wearing this product is. I'll leave a link to my in-depth review for those of you who want more details, application tips and makeup look (https://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/09/05/Dior-Backstage-Face-Body-Foundation-Review). Hope this helps!

on 9/2/2018 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'll start this review by saying I only apply foundation with a dry sponge or brush, so this may work better with a damp sponge/fingers.

This did not blend well at all & oxidized fairly quickly on me. It seemed to stay streaky no matter how hard I tried to blend so I guess it just dries down very quickly? I'm not sure but it looked pretty blotchy. The color match also seemed good until 20 minutes later when it started to look kind of orangey, which really puts even more emphasis into the streakiness.

This was the first foundation I have tried by Dior & I may try a different one but this one was just awful. Would not recommend.

I'm going to compare the Dior Backstage Face and Body with the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation in this review, mostly because the GA LS is my HG in terms of its finish and how well it photographs, but also because I feel like the hype around the Dior Face and Body being very 'skin-like' puts it in the same class of foundations as the GA LS (which looks almost hyper-real on my skin).

I got matched to the shade 2N in the Dior F&B. I used my fingers to apply the product, starting from the centre of my face, and spreading it out towards the edges, and then patting it in again on top with my fingers to get rid of any streaks. The application was super easy using my fingers, which is something this foundation has in common with the GA LS.

The finish of the foundation right upon application was quite gorgeous, very luminous without being ultra-dewy, and the finish remained pretty much the same after it had set on my face. I would say that the GA LS has a better finish than this foundation, though. It is more luminous, and makes your skin look genuinely healthy. The Dior F&B does that too, but not *as much*. It has a slightly more matte finish compared to the GA LS, and that's with a hydrating primer and moisturiser under it. It also did seem to have some pore-blurring qualities to it as well, which the GA LS does not, but I'm not the best person to report back on that because I don't have many visible pores. It is also most definitely very skin-like and didn't look like I have foundation on at all.

However, the Dior F&B took its sweet time to set, which surprised me because I'd read that you have to work fast with this foundation or it'll set and won't budge after. Mine was pretty tacky and movable after I had done my colour correcting under my eyes and started going in with my concealer on top. Which obviously meant that when I went in with my concealer (miniscule quantities of Tarte Shape, used with fingers again), entire patches of the Dior F&B started pulling off when I was trying to pat in the concealer on top! It was quite weird, but I was able to add some more foundation on top, wait for it to set, and then go in with my concealer with a brush this time and it didn't give me any problems. I've never run into this problem with my GA LS; I have layered several products over it with my fingers without it coming away from my face or moving around. Hey, but the good news is that the Dior F&B is definitely buildable! But then again, so is the GA LS...

So far, so okay. I powdered on top, did the rest of my makeup, set everything with a setting spray, and I was done. Overall, I saw that my face was looking a little more matte than I am used to with the GA LS, but it was still quite healthy-looking and luminous, and the rest of my products layered on top of the foundation without any problems once it had set.

However, once I started looking at my face in my magnifying mirror (I do that once I've finished my makeup, to catch any mistakes or whatever), I could definitely see that people with dry skin will perhaps not like this product. I take extremely good care of my skin, keep it exfoliated and moisturised, and my skin is more combination to normal than anything, but somehow this foundation found tiny dry bits on my face that I didn't even know I had and sort of clung to them, or started breaking apart around them. It wasn't obvious at all without a magnifying mirror, but it was a little weird still. I would say though that the GA LS is only slightly more forgiving in this regard, really, because it is also not very friendly towards dry bits on your face either.

On to how the foundation wore throughout the night. I live in the Middle East, it was 37 degrees Celsius out, and we were going to be partying in a club and getting all sweaty and gross. And yet, somehow, I only needed to blot my face ONCE during this entire time of walking around in very hot parking lots to get to the club, and dancing to at least 20 to 30 songs once inside. The foundation truly doesn't budge once it has set! Hallelujah! My oily T-zone was shine-free throughout the night! This is a huge deal because even the YSL All-Hours would break apart on my T-zone after partying. So definitely a thumbs up to the Dior for managing to do what multiple primers and foundations together have failed to do before. My GA LS would have dissolved and disappeared in this situation hours before, so the Dior F&B is definitely kicking ass in terms of longevity here.

A few things that I forgot to add before: the scent of the Dior F&B really bothered me at first. It was almost overwhelming, and I'm only very mildly sensitive to scents. It didn't irritate my skin, but it was definitely unnecessary and has the potential to irritate sensitive skins. The scent goes away after a while, but it's annoying while it lasts, especially if you're sensitive to that kind of stuff. The GA LS doesn't have an overwhelming scent, and doesn't irritate my skin as well, but both products have high quantities of alcohol in them, so if your skin can't tolerate that, keep far, far away from both of them.

Also, the Dior is properly cheap compared to the GA LS. And you get more product. And I know Wayne Goss said recently in one of his videos that that doesn't mean anything because you'll burn through it faster because of its sheer coverage, but I don't agree with that. I think it's pretty similar to the GA LS in terms of coverage, and one bottle of that lasts me a good year and a half.

Would I recommend this product? Sure. I do like it, I am happy I bought it, especially because of its longevity while it looks skin-like, but will it replace my LS? Nope. Not even by a mile. I'll probably end up mixing both to achieve the ultimate foundation for myself, but at the end of the day, even though I will repurchase this, I'm pretty sure I'll be back to using my LS as soon as the weather gets better just for its finish and how beautiful it ma

on 7/4/2018 4:34:00 PM

I really like this foundation. The shade 0N is perfect for my NW15 skin tone. The coverage is light to medium and it stays put throughout the day, which is great for my oily skin. It caused no irritation or anything. So far so good.

EDIT - I still sort of like it, but it can look streaky and I alwayes feel it on my skin because it doesn't quite set. I've had it for a year, and I 've barely used it

on 6/18/2018 11:10:00 AM

I really wanted to like the Dior BackStage Face and Body Foundation, as I see from other reviews so many others do.  If you wear this you will find that it applies easily and very nicely, looks like real skin, and lasts all day without starting to look greasy.  The shade range is also AMAZING!  They have forty different shades, which is amazing selection.  For many reasons I wanted to love this foundation.   The finish is medium coverage but since the formula is so thin it can be built up very quickly.  It  is a very liquid consistency.

For me, with dry and sensitive skin, I used this without reading the ingredient list like I always do to give each product a fair unbiased try.  The third day using this my skin started to get dry and flaky and started to become very sensitive after washing the foundation off.  Doing my skincare routine at night after the third day I could tell my skin was slightly burning and just irritated to the point where I couldn't use most of my normal products because my skin was so irritated

This is because the third ingredient in the Dior BackStage Face and Body Foundation is denatured alcohol.  Denatured alcohol in larger amounts causes free radical damage and even can cause cell death.  This is something that we should be trying to avoid if and when possible.  I wish DIOR would have used almost any other ingredient other than this.  To top this off this product also contains fragrance, another ingredient that can cause irritation.

**If you like the look and feel of this foundation I HIGHLY recommend you try a sample of the BareMinerals BarePro Foundation, I find the wear of both of these to be similar, except the BareMinerals formula does not contain denatured alcohol or fragrance.  My more detailed video review and swatch can be seen here: