Dermalogica Precleanse Balm

Dermalogica Precleanse Balm

3.3

Not tested on animals

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Laureth-4, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Ozokerite, Bis-Stearyl Dimethicone, Glyceryl Behenate, Tribehenin, Stearyl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Phospholipids, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Glycol Distearate, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Tocopherol, Glycolipids, Eucalyptus Staigeriana Branch/Leaf Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Linalool, Citral, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol.

on 3/2/2019 7:26:00 PM

I love this better than the oil version, I love the massage action since its a little stiffer so needs a bit more work. Gets rid of all make up and love the plant based oils. Only thing is that it is so expensive and there are so many other options out there now, so whilst I loved every minute of this, I will not repurchase since there is no value for money. Hence 3 lippies. If the price was more reasonable, I would repurchase and recommend. If you are willing to splurge, you will not be disappointed.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is my favourite precleanse product but why. is. it. so. expensive?! It does a great job of getting rid of the heaviest of makeup quickly and easily and the packaging is super handy and hygienic compared to cleansing balms in tubs, but I just can't give it five stars because of the price. The Clinique cleansing balm is very nearly as good (if this is a 10, that is an 8.5), half the price, and last me 3x as long - enough said really.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I saw this dermalogica precleanse balm I was super excited as it looks like a more travel friendly version than the precleanse (oil) which I've used for years and love. Unfortunately the great packaging/travel friendly nature of the product is where my excitement ended.

Unlike the precleanse (oil) which is fabulous at cleansing my super sensitive combo skin and removing even the most heavy makeup and sunscreen, the balm does not cleanse effectively, but also breaks me out horribly!

Perhaps the precleanse balm is designed for dry skin, but even if that was the case, it still fails in its sole purpose of cleansing the skin!!! As it is so ineffective, you find yourself using heaps to try to cleanse, which makes it super expensive. But even after using 2-3 times the recommended amount, I still had heaps of makeup come off during my toning step (which never happens with the oil version).

The yucky breakouts I get from the precleanse balm could also be attributed to the high mineral oil content (which is not contained in the precleanse 'oil version') and the fact that it leaves thick a film on my skin. Needless to say, I'll never use this product again!

Precleanse oil review:
The precleanse (oil version) suits my sensitive skin, removes all makeup and also cleans out pores - can feel blackheads and other debris desolving/cleansing away, and after I've rinsed off, my skin looks healthy and calm with no film at all. Just make sure you follow the instructions - rub the oil onto dry skin (do not use water first), then add a bit of water to continue cleansing and to emulsify the oil, then rinse off - probably sounds complicated but takes 30 seconds ;-) . This is a miracle product as all other oils (including shu eumura, MAC etc) either don't cleanse or cleanse but inflame my sensitive skin.

My only issue with oil version is that it sometimes leaks when travelling, usually because the lid can be troublesome (you think it's fully closed tight, but it's not). Please note that I say 'lid' rather than 'pump' as I prefer the old lid packaging rather than the new pump version packaging as I use less product - so I just throw out the pump and re-use the lid haha.

So I'll keep using the amazing precleanse oil and just be more diligent with making sure I've closed the lid properly when travelling. I'll never stray from my HG precleanse oil again ;-).

on 5/30/2018 2:53:00 PM

This is great! Dermalogica's Precleanse Balm does a beautiful job of removing all of my makeup, very thorough but gentle too. I think this is just as good as Clinique's Take the Day Off cleansing balm. There are some differences though. The Dermalogica has a botanical scent to it, whereas TTDO is unscented. And the Precleanse Balm also has a slightly thicker, almost drier texture to it compared to the Clinique.

This balm is packaged in a tube (more hygienic than a jar- yay!) and it melts into a silky oil after massaging on the skin. Rinses off cleanly and leaves no film behind

My skin is combo-oily, and this cleanser works beautifully for me. Doesn't bother my eyes at all. And it doesn't make my skin feel dried-out either.

This product comes with a small rubber mitt, but I found it to be unnecessary. I just use my hands like always.

An excellent product all-around. I will absolutely buy this again. Highly Recommended!! A+++