Face of Australia - HD High Definition Primer

No Image

1 review

on 5/30/2018 2:45:00 AM

The first FoA primer I used was the Face Base Primer with Vitamin E and Chamomile. That one was great too, but then I decided to try this HD High Definition Primer.

Always make sure to shake this product well before using, so that you get a paste coming out instead of a clear liquid. Also as you go through the tube the product starts to come out unevenly or in fits and starts which can get messy. A little annoying, but considering how cheap the product is, not a huge problem.

At first it took a while to get used to the feel of this primer - it felt like room temperature chicken fat - you might know if you've cooked chicken and then it's gone cold and fat has solidified? Yeah, like that. But once applied, my skin felt incredibly smooth and frictionless. My foundation seemed to slip and slide over it, but I changed to patting it on rather than brushing, and so built up coverage.

I noticed the difference from the first time I used it. I would have worn it for about 12-14 hours in air-conditioning and 25-30 degree weather outside, and I never needed to blot my face or retouch for the whole day. It was great.

Despite the chicken fat feeling, I experienced no break outs or bad reactions from this product (I have sensitive mostly dry skin).

The only reason I don't use this product much anymore is that I now use BB cream rather than foundation, and so I don't need primer as much.