COVERGIRL Trublend matte made liquid foundation

COVERGIRL Trublend matte made liquid foundation
Trublend matte made liquid foundation

2.9

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Chloride, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Trihydroxystearin, Methicone, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Silica, Acrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate/Vinylidene Chloride Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Ethylene Brassylate, Polyethylene, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate. [May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 9/28/2018 8:44:00 AM

This foundation was recommended by a Youtube poster and she loved it. I tried it out and I too fell in love with it. It goes on with great coverage, almost looks like you have no foundation on at all and I love how my face feels totally smooth. So many foundations, after applying them, leaves a coating that causes friction when I run my finger tips over my face. Not this one, totally smooth.

on 9/15/2018 12:02:00 AM

Hands down best foundation I’ve ever used. I’m 36 with combo skin. No real wrinkles yet but my smile lines are very deep (always have been) and I absolutely hate them and the way foundation settles into them. This foundation is SMOOTH. Seriously makes me look poreless and has very very minimal creasing in my smile lines. Best I’ve tried so far. It really is such a beautiful foundation with a natural matte finish. Doesn’t irritate my very sensitive acne prone skin. I’m NC15 and the shade L80 matches me well. It leans more neutral than yellow. Highly recommend!

on 9/14/2018 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This product is honesty terrible on my skin. I have slightly textured, oily and redness in my skin. Upon application, it looks so bad - it looks separated and once you start blending it's hopeless. If you have anything at all to cover, don't consider this foundation. The finish just looked bad and also didn't last during the day. I've tried it several times with this same result. Do not recommend.

on 9/9/2018 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This has became my favorite foundation! I have normal skin with some dry patches from time to time. This foundation gives me a skin like finish and does not settle into my lines or pores. I was able to find my shade, which has been a problem for me in other foundations. It lasts for the 12 hours that it claims and is now my go to foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Just nooooooo. This foundation is horrible. Several YouTubers noted tiny white dots (yes) and the product clinging to dry spots (yes). It also creates this strange dried glue mask effect that wrinkles terribly if you smile or move your face at all. It is soooo dry and tight. In addition to all that bad, it clung to the walls of my pores, opening them like craters for the world to see. My skin looked better without this. Trashed.

on 8/28/2018 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I’m a bit surprised at the bad reviews, but maybe I like this because I’m not in the target skin demographic. I’m 51 with dry, NC40 clear skin, which will break out in reaction to the wrong product. I’ve never bought a CG foundation before. I wear tinted serums or tinted sunscreens; sometimes in the summer I use a powder foundation. Truthfully, I bought this because of the color range.

My first attempt at the color was wrong-I chose M40 and it was pretty orange. M90 is perfect; slightly lighter and neutral, so buy at Target or Ulta where you can return.

I agree with the previous review; it a “stiff” application. I use one pump, and an Ecotools foundation brush. Lots and lots of blending. It’s a gorge7finish. Light/medium coverage, matte, skinlike. I’m impressed, but if this works so well on dry skin, it must not be for oily types. I would repurchase in a slightler lighter shade for winter. I use a light setting powder, and it is still there at night when I take off my makeup. No setting into lines, no caking. I’m sorry this isn’t working for people; that probably means a discontinue!

Note: yes, occasionally there are white dots of pigment that seem to have been suspended in the bottle without dissolving. I just rub them in; they disappear.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this on sale for $14.70 CAD. I do NOT think it's worth it. It does have a pump which is great. The application w/ either my RT brush or BB sponge is kinda patchy. It's a stiff application. It's a light - medium coverage on my skin at best. My hyperpigmentation peeking thru a bit too. I can't use anymore than a little under a full pump tho as it's cakey looking. I guess it just doesn't suit my skin. The real test was when I wore it to work. I really hoped it would last 7rl hrs. Couldn't powder w/ this either as it made face look caked & dry. When I went to remove it at 6pm (applied at 9am) there was barely any left on my face. I got caught up in the YouTube hype & compulsively purchased this. I'll stick w Maybelline Super-stay as my goto drug-store foundation. CG does have other foundations that are better IMO.
UPDATE: Had to throw it out after 1 wk. Gave me tiny rash like bumps on my fore-head.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I don't hate this. It's not HG quality but I've tried hundreds of foundations over the years and this really isn't that bad.

Fair Porcelain is a very yellow shade. It oxidizes a bit so it's not a dead on match for my nc10 skin. But close enough.

I'd consider this medium to full coverage. One pump is enough to cover all of my rosacea. I like that this doesn't emphasize my crater pores. It stays matte longer than a lot of foundations out there. Not as long as my HG (Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse), but at least 5 hours. On my pizza face that's a good chunk of time.

Now for the bad...

This doesn't have the prettiest finish. It clung to dry patches. There is a slight fragrance (CG is notorious for this). It separated around my nose folds. And it can be a little streaky.

I like it. Not love it. I probably won't repurchase but instead of throwing it out like I do with most foundations, I'll use up the bottle.

on 8/15/2018 10:40:00 PM

Oh, Covergirl. I was anxiously waiting for this foundation as I have been loving their 3-in-1, and thought this new foundation could only be better. Color selection is fantastic - they specify the undertones for each color. I have trouble finding drugstore foundations with yellow undertones, so I was hooked instantly. The consistency is sort of in between a liquid and a mousse. Application didn’t work great with my beauty blender and was patchy. Coverage is medium at best. Usually with 3-in-1, one good layer gives me excellent coverage, so I was pretty disappointed. Wear is also, very disappointing. I live in Texas, and this did not stand the test of heat/humidity. It wears off in patches - I was horrified at how it looked after a long day of wear. For a matte foundation, this does not withstand oil very long either. Kudos to CG for their ample color/undertone selection with this foundation, but I wouldn’t recommend this for long-wear or for my oily skin friends!

on 8/2/2018 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

It’s definitely not for oily skin. It gets shiny pretty fast, I would say if you have normal skin then it’s a nice foundation. Other than that, it’s not matte. So I didn’t necessarily like it for that reason (I’m oily af) lol and it just doesn’t stay on