COVERGIRL Trublend Matte Made Foundation

COVERGIRL Trublend Matte Made Foundation
Trublend Matte Made Foundation

2.9

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Chloride, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Trihydroxystearin, Methicone, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Silica, Acrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate/Vinylidene Chloride Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Ethylene Brassylate, Polyethylene, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate. [May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely swear by the covergirl 3 in 1 foundation it has been my HG for years.

I have extremley oily skin with my nose being extremely dry. This has so many shades with undertones I was so excited for the claims this foundation was making and the amazing responses from YouTube. Unfortunately, I was extremely disappointed.

This stuff transferred like no other even touching my face it would rub right off, holding the phone to my face it would transfer instantly. For a foundation claiming to be “transfer fee” this is the worst transfer I have ever witnessed.

On top of it - this did nothing for my oily skin - it settles uneven and by 2 hours separated completely and sunk into fine lines and all my redness poked through.

Overall I would not repurchase I am sticking to my Covergirl 3 in 1.

Pros:
Looks SO Natural on the skin. I seriously can't tell I'm wearing foundation
Good longevity. Holds my oils at bay for a pretty good amount of time.
Lots of shades

Cons:
Not enough olive shades (I have to add a yellow and blue mixer to mine)
White specks in the foundation. For this reason I Have to swipe it on with a brush. Tapping it in with a sponge makes the dots very obvious.

Either/or:
The coverage is light-medium and can't really be built up. But because of how natural it looks, I still like to use it for when I'm feeling a lil more low maintenance and don't mind my hyperpigmentation showing.

The only major con is the white specks, but they're all gone by the time my full face is done. I would buy it again if I don't find another drugstore foundation that looks this natural, and doesn't have white specks.

on 10/21/2018 9:03:00 PM

The way this sits on my skin makes it hard to believe this is from the drugstore. I'm surprised at the bad reviews! It's extremely natural looking - even very up close. There are those white dots that show up when the foundation dries down, but I just lightly wipe it off with a powder brush. The formula honestly reminds of NARS Sheer Glow. Just wish there were more olive friendly shades (L80 pulls pinky grey on me).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I hesitated to buy Trublend Matte Made because I've *never* had luck finding a good shade match with Cover Girl. They're always too pink, too gray, or too orange for my NC20 skin. However, I took a chance on L40 and it actually matches!

I've been using this foundation for a few weeks now, and so far so good. I'm extremely acne-prone and this foundation hasn't broken me out yet. It's not as high-coverage as I had hoped, but honestly I don't mind. I've returned a TON of foundations for being too low-coverage before, but this one has a nice satiny texture and give me a natural finish that detracts from my bright red acne.

This foundation stays very matte throughout the day, which isn't going to be great going into the colder months since I'm dehydrated yet oily. I may try adding a few drops of a glow cream or a light oil to this foundation to see if that helps. Will update my review soon!

on 9/28/2018 8:44:00 AM

This foundation was recommended by a Youtube poster and she loved it. I tried it out and I too fell in love with it. It goes on with great coverage, almost looks like you have no foundation on at all and I love how my face feels totally smooth. So many foundations, after applying them, leaves a coating that causes friction when I run my finger tips over my face. Not this one, totally smooth.

on 9/15/2018 12:02:00 AM

Hands down best foundation I’ve ever used. I’m 36 with combo skin. No real wrinkles yet but my smile lines are very deep (always have been) and I absolutely hate them and the way foundation settles into them. This foundation is SMOOTH. Seriously makes me look poreless and has very very minimal creasing in my smile lines. Best I’ve tried so far. It really is such a beautiful foundation with a natural matte finish. Doesn’t irritate my very sensitive acne prone skin. I’m NC15 and the shade L80 matches me well. It leans more neutral than yellow. Highly recommend!

on 9/14/2018 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This product is honesty terrible on my skin. I have slightly textured, oily and redness in my skin. Upon application, it looks so bad - it looks separated and once you start blending it's hopeless. If you have anything at all to cover, don't consider this foundation. The finish just looked bad and also didn't last during the day. I've tried it several times with this same result. Do not recommend.

on 9/9/2018 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This has became my favorite foundation! I have normal skin with some dry patches from time to time. This foundation gives me a skin like finish and does not settle into my lines or pores. I was able to find my shade, which has been a problem for me in other foundations. It lasts for the 12 hours that it claims and is now my go to foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Just nooooooo. This foundation is horrible. Several YouTubers noted tiny white dots (yes) and the product clinging to dry spots (yes). It also creates this strange dried glue mask effect that wrinkles terribly if you smile or move your face at all. It is soooo dry and tight. In addition to all that bad, it clung to the walls of my pores, opening them like craters for the world to see. My skin looked better without this. Trashed.

on 8/28/2018 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I’m a bit surprised at the bad reviews, but maybe I like this because I’m not in the target skin demographic. I’m 51 with dry, NC40 clear skin, which will break out in reaction to the wrong product. I’ve never bought a CG foundation before. I wear tinted serums or tinted sunscreens; sometimes in the summer I use a powder foundation. Truthfully, I bought this because of the color range.

My first attempt at the color was wrong-I chose M40 and it was pretty orange. M90 is perfect; slightly lighter and neutral, so buy at Target or Ulta where you can return.

I agree with the previous review; it a “stiff” application. I use one pump, and an Ecotools foundation brush. Lots and lots of blending. It’s a gorge7finish. Light/medium coverage, matte, skinlike. I’m impressed, but if this works so well on dry skin, it must not be for oily types. I would repurchase in a slightler lighter shade for winter. I use a light setting powder, and it is still there at night when I take off my makeup. No setting into lines, no caking. I’m sorry this isn’t working for people; that probably means a discontinue!

Note: yes, occasionally there are white dots of pigment that seem to have been suspended in the bottle without dissolving. I just rub them in; they disappear.